Power vs. Damage

Ulfrik_Wulfgar

Don't be a smart arse. If I knew the math I'd not be asking. I'm new, hence posting in the new player forum. I haven't a *********** clue what the difference between these is.

And that's why I told you what the difference is. The reply contained all the information needed to answer your own question.

Such manners with "new" players have these days.

1. Ask a question

2. Get an answer

3. Instead of saying "thank you" start instead insulting anyone who bothered to answer

And that's why I told you what the difference is. The reply contained all the information needed to answer your own question.

Such manners with "new" players have these days.

1. Ask a question

2. Get an answer

3. Instead of saying "thank you" start instead insulting anyone who bothered to answer

All of which is useless without knowing the difference between Power and Damage. Your reply, apart from being flippant, is akin to describing fuel consumption for your car without knowing which fuel type it's using. Since you're clearly incapable of the simplest of manners, I'd appreciate it if someone else would either explain the differences or point me towards a site that does. It may be helpful to note that I have never played WoW so sites making WoW compressions, which seems to crop up every time I google something, will not help.

Edited by Ulfrik_Wulfgar

I've been playing since launch, and I don't get it either.

What level character are you playing?

If you're leveling, I wouldn't worry about it. Trying for optimal stats is expensive, and the benefits are short lived when leveling. For example, on a whim I bought a lvl 30 Cartel gear set for one of my alts. I was replacing the purple mods with blue in just a few hours.

Once you get into end-game content and raiding, it will make a difference.

Check out http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/. It does a pretty good job telling what stats to look for when you're ready to "be all you can be".

Ulfrik_Wulfgar, I believe that the +19 max damage will, in fact make up for the 23 loss in power.

Personally, I found that leveling with moddable gear tended to make my gear upgrade questions a little simpler. Instead of looking at a piece of gear as a whole with tradeoffs, I just had to obtain improved mods at the commendation vendors or at the gtn.

A might hilt 11 is going to be better than a might hilt 10. :)

Hope this helps.