Resubbed, best PvE/raiding Republic server now? Class?

Sakome

So after a pretty long break I've decided to come back to SWTOR. The characters I did have all got consolidated into the PvP Prophecy of the Five server. I was Sith but now have had a change of heart and would rather be Republic. However I would rather join a PvE server for raiding purposes and I kind of doubt that server has alot of raiding guilds.

I'm sure the class balance has changed a lot too but I was wondering what are the best Tanks and Healers to play now? I'd rather have my 1st character be one of those, DPS is easy enough to level later.

as far as classes go, it's pretty much up to what style you prefer as all tank and healer classes have their own pros and cons. having a guardian tank, BH tank, and shadow tank all at level 50, i'd have to say i enjoy guardian tanking the most as it's the most challenging. having healed as a scoundrel, sage, and commando, i kinda tend to lean more towards scoundrel healing. they've got excellent energy management and good utility. sage healing is better as far as aoe heals go, but i find myself running out of force in longer battles. don't have that problem with my scoundrel. of course, this is all my own opinion and tastes. yours may differ. Edited by happysister

What server is bigger? Shadowlands or Jedi Convenant? I'm on the East Coast so one of those servers would be ideal but I want to join the one thats most active.

don't know about Shadowlands. i'm on Jedi Covenant. there's always around 130-250 people on the fleet. but that's in the afternoon/early evening.