Pyrotech or shieldtech?

Mewmaster

It's kind of hard to compare them in a general sense because they are meant to fulfill completely different roles. ST is for tanking and Pyro is for DPS. In PvP full ST tanks are generally less sought after than either tankassins or tank juggs so if you roll a ST it may be pretty hard to find a spot on a RWZ team. Pyro meanwhile is one of the most sought after specs for RWZ teams so it will be much easier to find a spot. I generally find Pyro to be a LOT more fun and effective in PvP than ST. I don't really know about PvE though.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with the poster above. Everything an ST PT can do, a Tankasin can do better, at the moment. Pyro, on the other hand, has a rather effective, if a bit straightforward playstyle.

In PvP a ST is not the best tank due to the fact ST rely (almost exclusively) on passive migrations to mitigate damage. Tech and force attacks completely ignore this type of "protection". In PvE ST are just as "good" as any other tank with comparable gear. Now each tank class has its advantages and disadvantages so I'm not saying they are all exactly equal. One of the big advantages of the ST is its increased situational awareness that comes from less time managing active damage migration rotations.

why no proto love? i've gotten 300k with RECRUIT (and battlemaster supercommando chest lol). it was a lengthy dps friendly match, but still. plus i can eat almost anyone with equal or slightly better gear then i with this spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMGZrsrMobfkds.2

out of those two, pyro is definetly one of the most sought after dps specs in the game, and for good reason too. ST's passive migitation doesn't do you much good in pvp, but in pve ST does its job, and well too.

... I generally find Pyro to be a LOT more fun and effective in PvP than ST. I don't really know about PvE though.

It rubs his gun into Kephess and says " I own you, ***** ", that's how good Pyro dps is on pve.

Edited by yoomazir