Operation Boss Challenge

Really, I hope in the next tier ops the bosses will be more challenging. Sure, nightmare is a bit of a challenge now for your average raid guild, but they are simply gear checks.

Gear check fights can be fun sometimes, but whole tiers should not be based around that. I suggest the devs take a look at why Rift and WoW raids are so successful, and how they are built (but don't copy WoW's "have to play with DBM" complexity).

I'd much rather have skill fights, than "I shoot big lasers at you" fights.

Edited by Doobyman

So what your saying is you expect them to focus the raid content around you and the rest of the hardcore players that want everything hard and a challenge? Not saying i don't like a challenge too but that seems abit selfish to me. You have to consider other players too not just yourself. And Bioware need to look at it from all angles so the content is enjoyable for every type of player.

Really, I hope in the next tier ops the bosses will be more challenging. Sure, nightmare is a bit of a challenge now for your average raid guild, but they are simply gear checks.

Gear check fights can be fun sometimes, but whole tiers should not be based around that. I suggest the devs take a look at why Rift and WoW raids are so successful, and how they are built (but don't copy WoW's "have to play with DBM" complexity).

I'd much rather have skill fights, than "I shoot big lasers at you" fights.

I don't agree, Fl's lost alot of players for wow. They bought in FLR with a easy mode for a reason.

I am by no means in a great raiding guild that one-shots everything. But I dislike the lack of interesting mechanics is all I am saying.

My post was about the TYPE of challenge, not that challenge didn't exist. Sorry if that was unclear.

And normal is for pugs, whats the point in Nightmare mode if it doesn't cater for people who like to raid and progress?

Edited by Doobyman

I am by no means in a great raiding guild that one-shots everything. But I dislike the lack of interesting mechanics is all I am saying.

My post was about the TYPE of challenge. Sorry if that was unclear.

And normal is for pugs, whats the point in Nightmare mode if it doesn't cater for people who like to raid and progress?

I agree a whole raid of gear check is a bit errrr, hopfully they will make the next one a bit better. All i can think is that they are trying to ease new people who have maybe never played a mmo before into raiding.

I would like the current nightmare modes to be the difficulty of normal modes. Hard modes to be 25-50% harder and nightmare modes to be almost a whole new encounter that is atleast twice as hard as the normal mode.

It just doesnt feel satisfying killing a new boss atm. because you have only used a few hours of progress on them. Bring back the epic feeling of killing a new boss!

I agree a whole raid of gear check is a bit errrr, hopfully they will make the next one a bit better. All i can think is that they are trying to ease new people who have maybe never played a mmo before into raiding.

Which is what Normal is for. But they should also show that raiding can be rewarding too.

I would like the current nightmare modes to be the difficulty of normal modes. Hard modes to be 25-50% harder and nightmare modes to be almost a whole new encounter that is atleast twice as hard as the normal mode.

It just doesnt feel satisfying killing a new boss atm. because you have only used a few hours of progress on them. Bring back the epic feeling of killing a new boss!

Why, so you can feel special in the fact that other people don't get to see the content? I am sure it will look good on your resume, and that people will think you are leet IRL.

As much as I hate to say it, the raids in SWTOR are not very difficult. I don't know if it is just because of the smaller size or what but guilds can clear out two operations in the nightmare level in less than 2 month of the game's release.

That being said, in Rift, GSB/ROS were cleared pretty soon after their release as well and it is only the latest raid instance - Hammerknell, that took guilds months to clear all 11 bosses.

So what your saying is you expect them to focus the raid content around you and the rest of the hardcore players that want everything hard and a challenge? Not saying i don't like a challenge too but that seems abit selfish to me. You have to consider other players too not just yourself. And Bioware need to look at it from all angles so the content is enjoyable for every type of player.

That is why there is different modes.. normal..hard..nightmare..

Nightmare should be for the hardcore only.. seing as Hard drops the same items anyway...Gives us an option to try something harder even though it doesn't reward us in any other way (except the titles).

Why, so you can feel special in the fact that other people don't get to see the content? I am sure it will look good on your resume, and that people will think you are leet IRL.

Wow is it just me or is this guy just bitter at the world because he can't clear the operations or something?

We arent asking to make normal operations any more difficult. We are asking to have the hard/nightmare modes have different and more difficult mechanics than normal mode. Frankly normal mode operations are a snoozefest. Well unless of course its Soa with his numerous bugs. But even with all the bugs we usually 1 or 2 shot him. Last time he had enraged(cuz we had pylon and boss aggro issues) for like 1 min and we still killed him.

Wow is it just me or is this guy just bitter at the world because he can't clear the operations or something?

We arent asking to make normal operations any more difficult. We are asking to have the hard/nightmare modes have different and more difficult mechanics than normal mode. Frankly normal mode operations are a snoozefest. Well unless of course its Soa with his numerous bugs. But even with all the bugs we usually 1 or 2 shot him. Last time he had enraged(cuz we had pylon and boss aggro issues) for like 1 min and we still killed him.

This guy was asking to make normal ops more difficult.

I'd like to see an increase in difficulty for the next tier for sure.

Walking into EV and dropping each boss in 1-2 attempts with a group of fresh 50's was a little disheartening.

Soa was a fun fight, but should be a little more challenging.

I never said i could not clear them. *sigh*

Edited by Bladedakoda