Facing the Machines of War

Ok, so I have made it up to the point I am supposed to summon Tyth. However, I don't have the parts or enough shards to do so. I have completed all but one of the side missions (didn't do the walker one yet). I feel like there is nothing left for me to do. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I am so lost.

Ok, so I have made it up to the point I am supposed to summon Tyth. However, I don't have the parts or enough shards to do so. I have completed all but one of the side missions (didn't do the walker one yet). I feel like there is nothing left for me to do. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I am so lost.

I also might add that I am relatively new to the game so I don't know all the tips and tricks. I don't want a walk-through, just someone to point me in the right direction, please.

I also might add that I am relatively new to the game so I don't know all the tips and tricks. I don't want a walk-through, just someone to point me in the right direction, please.

You don't need any shards. You can enter the Op like any other Op. Best with a guild team; GF if you're very lucky. Or PUG through "General" or "EndGame" chat on the fleet. I did it twice yesterday with two different characters neither of which completed the new Iokath story much less had any shards to speak of.