Luke Skywalker EU

CJ_SAX_MAN

While I am on the topic of EU, is it true that supposedly, like Revan, Luke supposedly found a way to be ultimately strong by harnessing both the Dark and Light side together?

I know there are 2 theories on the force

The Balance theory

The force is made of a balance between good and evil, and only accepting one side will not grant ultimate power

The Light theory (said to be Lucas Cannon also)

The force being balanced is the force in light. Light side is the true force and the dark side is simply a perversion of it.

Any other info from the EU would be awesome to hear about, how Luke supposedly remakes the Jedi order the way it truly should be etc... Considering Luke even fell in love and everything, it must be safe to assume that the Jedi teachings up until that point were flawed in some way.

Luke supposedly found a way to be ultimately strong by harnessing both the Dark and Light side together?

No he never did that. He spent some time fallen to the Dark Side, but he never mastered both sides, in fact I believe the established lore is that no one can actually master both sides at the same time.

Luke actually stats this in one of the books.

Something about how there is no such thing as a gray side, you are either part of the Light or part of the Dar, but you can never be part of both.

No he never did that. He spent some time fallen to the Dark Side, but he never mastered both sides, in fact I believe the established lore is that no one can actually master both sides at the same time.

Something about how there is no such thing as a gray side, you are either part of the Light or part of the Dar, but you can never be part of both.

Though it has been claimed that Revan was. Though some people also say he just lost his mind.

Luke tends to flip flop his philosophy based on what suits him best at that given moment in time. Currently he supports the Light side only view but he has supported the balance view in the past (even going so far as to blast Killiks with force lightning in dark nest).

I suspect his current stance is just him being overprotective of his son more than anything else.

Luke tends to flip flop his philosophy based on what suits him best at that given moment in time. Currently he supports the Light side only view but he has supported the balance view in the past (even going so far as to blast Killiks with force lightning in dark nest).

I suspect his current stance is just him being overprotective of his son more than anything else.

So I guess Luke didn't end up being the true perfect good Jedi like I read somewhere,

Actually , in the current books Luke always refers to Jacen and his looking for a balance between light and dark. Luke even goes as far as finding Kit Fitso's people and learning that there is no such thing as Dark and Light , but its the same side of the force , its just how the person uses it.

Luke does use Force Lightning against Arberth (sp) and at one point against the Lost Tribe.

Jania uses cloud minds (a dark side force tech) And Ben uses a version of force cloak (which was considered a dark side power) I also think someone else besides Jacen and Telki(sp) were flow walking , which was seen as a perversion of the force.

Actually , in the current books Luke always refers to Jacen and his looking for a balance between light and dark. Luke even goes as far as finding Kit Fitso's people and learning that there is no such thing as Dark and Light , but its the same side of the force , its just how the person uses it.

Luke does use Force Lightning against Arberth (sp) and at one point against the Lost Tribe.

Jania uses cloud minds (a dark side force tech) And Ben uses a version of force cloak (which was considered a dark side power) I also think someone else besides Jacen and Telki(sp) were flow walking , which was seen as a perversion of the force.

... All of which breaks G-canon.