New Warzone FFA Map *16 on 16* (4 & 8 man premades only)

Pistols-GS

1. No objectives - Other than PvP (WZ rewards apply - minus Ranked rewards)

2. 15 minute timer - No surrender / No Safe Areas (minus load-in with AFK timer), TDM only.

3. Decent sized map, preferably an outside venue, with LOS'able objects.

4. Winner is decided by fewest deaths.

5. Perhaps make this Republic vs. Sith only (but same faction PvP is fine by me as well)

Since World PvP is pretty much dedicated to "Server PvP events" for the most part (which have been well designed by players like Cilas), why not create a map where 16 man teams can lay waste to one another without worrying about objectives, massive lag & ratings. I suggest premades with this, because it "could" help alleviate the QQ'ness with players who dislike organized PvP. This map could potentially gain some popularity for those bigger guilds, who wish to remain out of Rankeds, but still want to group up for some PvP with 8 or more of their guildies/friends.

Having a 16 on 16, while not as big as some World PvP fights, still creates a big PvP atmosphere with much less lag that is persistent with World PvP 100 man fights (plus the 15 min wait times in-between). The queue would fill 4 & 8 man teams who queue for "16 man PvP Ops" only, and would not be able to receive a queue for Regular WZ's. In short, this is just another avenue for those wanting to group up with bigger teams, work on whatever, and still get some decent sized PvP without having to deal with the oddities in World PvP. And as I mentioned, could help with some frustration (on both sides) between Premades and PUGS, although I don't see this as the driving factor.

Feedback, suggestions, trolling & any other comments are welcomed. Thought it would be cool to see something like this. /shrug

Edited by Pistols-GS

16v16 tdm would be awesome and a nice change of pace. Don't get me wrong I live objectives but having to solo guard nodes all night I will take a game off, put on my tunnel vision goggles and go off.

Yeah essentially that's what I like about it, just PvP'ing to PvP, with no worries about a door plant, node cap or a pylon lol.

I like the idea a lot. Though I think they sadly would HAVE to make this a warzone another same-faction-allowed fight, because I'm not sure the republic side on most servers would have 2-3 pre-mades ready to queue for this consistently.

To play devil's advocate, I think a 4+4+4+4 premade group vs an 8+8 pre-made group would get annihilated. But given the much larger numbers fighting in the area now, maybe i'm mistaken. I do love the idea though.

Let me suggest that also perhaps limit the queues to only 4 healers total per 16-man team? (Thats 2 healers per 8-man team or 1 healer in every 4 man group). Kind of like the pve group finder. To help balance the mass chaos and not have one team with 3 healers and another with 7. And in the same respect, only allow the queue to activate once the 4 healer roles have been filled.

I'm sure there are ways to cheat the system with telling your group-finder 16man queue that you're a healer when you really aren't. Or vice versa. But whatever, you guys get the idea. Let Bioware sort that out.

I think having no objectives, while awesome, is VERY difficult to pull off well with today's gamers. They are fickle, and quit easily. I know you said ''no surrendering allowed''. But kids today simply will DC themselves, or quit or whatever, regardless of consequences for it, once they see that they are losing.

I think there NEEDS to be an objective. BUT....you could make it something like an alternating King of the Hill. For every second you have a team member in that objective circle (the hill) you accrue X points. Have the hill change every 3-5 minutes randomly so no one team is fully established on the hill and the other has no chance of acquiring it.

I dunno i dont mean to go off on a tangent with how to pull off a 16man team battle. I think the idea is awesome. I just think it would be hard to pull off a true TDM game mode in this game when you have 1 team getting obliterated, and they have no hope of ever coming back because they CAN'T ninja cap a node or plant a bomb, etc.

LET ME BE CLEAR THOUGH:

I COMPLETELY HATE the objective games in swtor at the moment. EVERY warzone except huttball has a "guard the node" mechanic. Which i think is completely and utterly horrible. I would LOVE to see a TDM game mode. I just wanted to say that I think it would be hard to make a true TDM mode.

Edited by SOULCASTER

I have several points to make on this thread.

1. Teams of more than 4 healers would have almost no way of winning a TDM... They would severely lack the DPS to win the fight.

2. If I have to read about stupid scripts every time I open a thread, I'm going to stop coming to these forums or try to ignore you or somthing... Please stop shoving your ideas down our throats and lets all move on.

3. I like the idea, however there needs to be a way to split the zerg somehow. 16 vs 16 would be too laggy for most people unless there was some kind of objective, but something else instead of a node (since shadow/sin should get to play too)

My idea:

Make it something like 4 locations around the map, similar to orbs in AH, that when captured give a 5% expertise buff to the team for 2 minutes or until the capper dies. Then after the "orb" gets reset, it would spawn in a new random location.

So, it wouldn't be AS zergy as a straight up 16vs16 but would still occaisionally have some big fights, and some direction instead of teams standing still waiting for their pull to be off cooldown to pull that squishy back in.

fewest deaths? so whoever stealths the longest in a corner wins?

win and get nothing for it???... have you ever stealthed in a corner for 15 minutes??... not fun, at all.

but if people really think its worth it to play a game and just afk while their team plays 15vs16... then go ahead i guess.

4 Tank Shadows.

4 Scoundrel Healers.

8 Scoundrel/Shadow DPS.

Alpha strike 1 poor ******* and sit in cloak for 15 minutes. :D

On a serious note, I wouldn't mind having a TDM WZ. I'm sick of "GO HERE AND DO THIS WHILE GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY TO STAY IGNORE COMBAT SO YOU DON'T GET INTERRUPTED!!!"

Yes, because premades will simply stealth the entire game to get 115 comms.

C'mon mang.

The same thought process might yield, "People would never organize queues to win-trade and farm rated warzones."

I really don't think you can escape the stealther-stacking and healer-stacking issues when it comes to objectiveless warzones.

I have several points to make on this thread.

1. Teams of more than 4 healers would have almost no way of winning a TDM... They would severely lack the DPS to win the fight.

Fair enough, but I think premades tend to be more "composition savvy" and how they divide the group composition. Also, if players knew it was essentially a TDM match, I don't think "too many healers" are going to be an issue, but with time teams would figure out what's best.

2. If I have to read about stupid scripts every time I open a thread, I'm going to stop coming to these forums or try to ignore you or somthing... Please stop shoving your ideas down our throats and lets all move on.

I never mentioned scripts, assuming directed at someone else.

3. I like the idea, however there needs to be a way to split the zerg somehow. 16 vs 16 would be too laggy for most people unless there was some kind of objective, but something else instead of a node (since shadow/sin should get to play too)

I don't think 16 on 16 would be "too laggy"...sure there will be some delays of sorts, but I only proposed this type of Warzone to help offset the lack of World PvP (granted it's a much smaller version) & removing the objectives to allow for just PvP type of play...basically no guarding/defending/attacking A,B or C. World PvP essentially works the same way...bring what ya got...and roll the dice. Whoever beats the other team into submission or kills them enough times, usually wins.

My idea:

Make it something like 4 locations around the map, similar to orbs in AH, that when captured give a 5% expertise buff to the team for 2 minutes or until the capper dies. Then after the "orb" gets reset, it would spawn in a new random location.

So, it wouldn't be AS zergy as a straight up 16vs16 but would still occaisionally have some big fights, and some direction instead of teams standing still waiting for their pull to be off cooldown to pull that squishy back in.

Not a bad idea, and perhaps the map could still have some sort of direction, without standing still in one spot. This is why I think the map needs to be bigger in this case. I don't think adding buffs of any kind is needed though, but I don't mind the fighting taking place from 1 spot to another...perhaps like Data Runner in SWG (Battlefield map).

Thanks for the post, good stuff.

The same thought process might yield, "People would never organize queues to win-trade and farm rated warzones."

I really don't think you can escape the stealther-stacking and healer-stacking issues when it comes to objectiveless warzones.

You can't stop all crap that goes on in WZ's...so trying to fool proof this one would be counterintuitive. I also believe teams stacking stealth to win 115 comms would be sorta laughable and not at all prevalent, IMO.

Matter of fact, I wouldn't be bothered if there was no winner or loser...equal amount of rewards for both teams...I just want another option to have a bigger group for PvP, with a structured number to reduce lag, and without objectives minimizing a teams effort. TDM can be fun after doing 20+ regular/ranked WZ's...it's a nice get-a-way break for just PvP.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it peeps.

Hey - a good idea on the PvP forum, and no mention of premades, smashmonkeys, bubble sorcs or - theme of the week this - hax.

I almost feel like I'm being trolled, such is my surprise at this post.

I'd love to see this implemented and having premades only would be a great idea as at least teams could assemble and not end up without healers etc.

I'd have some sort of objective, though - even a minor one - otherwise you'd just have a massive clump of players in the middle being smashmonkeyed over and over again.

Sorry to be the one to bring them up - but that's what would happen, I'm afraid.

Hey - a good idea on the PvP forum, and no mention of premades, smashmonkeys, bubble sorcs or - theme of the week this - hax.

I almost feel like I'm being trolled, such is my surprise at this post.

I'd love to see this implemented and having premades only would be a great idea as at least teams could assemble and not end up without healers etc.

I'd have some sort of objective, though - even a minor one - otherwise you'd just have a massive clump of players in the middle being smashmonkeyed over and over again.

Sorry to be the one to bring them up - but that's what would happen, I'm afraid.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I'd be fine with some small objective, provided it's team based and not "hey go shadow go defend node for 15 min why we PvP". :rak_03:

I like this idea a lot. In fact I was thinking the other day: "gee wouldn't it be fun if the next WZ they release were just a big arena on like geonosis or something, and it was straight up TDM."

yes I said gee in my head.

Once you had a basic arena style map, you could add all sorts of different game modes that could be randomized for that map: Straight up TDM, Small group multi-team TDM, Hardpoint (stealth players would have to be limited on stealth inside the Hardpoint), Kingslayer, etc.

In addition, I think there are other opportunities to really expand the WZ experience in the game.

It would be really easy to mix it up so that the game mode randomized between NC and ACW. I don't see why you couldn't do Majority Domination on ACW just as easily as you could do standard domination on NC. You'd have to make a few tweaks in terms of capture mechanics because I think ACW is a larger map, but it would be nice to mix it up a little bit.

By that same token, I think Huttball could easily be adapted into a two flag Capture the Flag style game mode, and it would randomize between that and huttball.

Finally, I'd do something with mountable turrets. They had them on Ilum before the Gree showed up, and I think there could be a warzone where the teams battle for control of a mountable turret. Not sure of the mechanic, but since having the turret is such a huge advantage, it would have to be difficult to defend once you got a hold of it, or it would have to have an overheat mechanic that was tricky to manage or something like that.

What do you think?

im late to the discusson, so maybe some one asked/answered this already, but why would you set the winner to fewest deaths? that rewards stealth classes immensely.

if its TDM, most kills should be win the game.

I hear you on this, but there still needs to be a way for a PUG that has crumby DPS to win the Zone. Maybe K:D ratio could be used. That way, lets say you have a team that's tank/healer heavy, you're rewarded for both picking up a few kills and staying alive.

Or you could go the purist route, and have a Zone where the winning team is determined strictly based on medal acquisition, with no objective medals granted in the zone, only protection, healing and damage.

Or as I mentioned in my previous post, the zone could randomize the mode, so that you could have a mode where least deaths wins, a mode where most kills wins, one where K:D wins and one where medals wins. That way a team of all stealthers couldn't win every time just by staying stealthed.

Or as I mentioned in my previous post, the zone could randomize the mode, so that you could have a mode where least deaths wins, a mode where most kills wins, one where K:D wins and one where medals wins. That way a team of all stealthers couldn't win every time just by staying stealthed.

btw those smilies are supposed to be K : D (kill to death). Should have previewed the post...