2.8 Official PvE Nightmare Progression for DF and DP

JowyBlight

Still holding that grudge.... let it go

Not a grudge. But thanks for remembering me. :) I'm not aware of any other Deposer raid teams (or even would-be teams) who have stooped to using the Nightmare Pilgrim buff so that's cause for a special distinction. Some of us can sleep at night whether we have a flashy title or not. It's just a game.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a grudge. But thanks for remembering me. :) I'm not aware of any other Deposer raid teams (or even would-be teams) who have stooped to using the Nightmare Pilgrim buff so that's cause for a special distinction. Some of us can sleep at night whether we have a flashy title or not. It's just a game.

As much as I extremely dislike the NiM Pilg buff, it really doesn't make a difference, it only puts a very small * on your name (in the minds of some). Clearly its not needed at all, but some people like to use any advantage they can to obtain goals as quickly as possible. Again, don't like Pilgrim buff, but its not a huge deal.

As much as I extremely dislike the NiM Pilg buff, it really doesn't make a difference, it only puts a very small * on your name (in the minds of some). Clearly its not needed at all, but some people like to use any advantage they can to obtain goals as quickly as possible. Again, don't like Pilgrim buff, but its not a huge deal.

I'm with the 9 out of 10 raiders who wouldn't recommend it.

Mal,

We've beaten NiM council multiple times now and not used the buff. I'm sorry you're still hurting from UWAT having to cut you. It was a really tough choice but with every post you make of this sort, you are proving that we made the right decision.

Umm. It was a simple question? Not everyone condones the use of the buff.

I'm sorry too that I put my trust and respect in a team that didn't respect me back and treated me with such pettiness. Over a game. But this isn't the forum for that. I don't know who you are hiding behind that tag, but you obviously know who I am, so if you want to continue this discussion you know where to PM me.

I have to admit, there's never a lack of salt when it comes to JC progression... What this forum really needs is more fries to balance the salt :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I'd like to make a suggestion for the main page... You should put timed run as a separate thing from Brontes and having a server first section would be kinda cool too.

Edited by Shadow_-Hawk

Agreed. You should also add a dashed line or something in the middle of the numbered list (ie. --------nerf--------) to separate pre-nerf and post-nerf kills on each fight. Edited by Kryand

My own suggestion would be that BioWare do something to foster healthier raiding habits among the playerbase rather than cater to selfishness, greed, backstabbing and pissing contests. I play MMO's to compete in a friendly atmosphere. If I want to cut throats, I'll turn serial killer.

Firsties on a title? Congratulations on your achievement. But seriously...are you 6?? :rolleyes:

My own suggestion would be that BioWare do something to foster healthier raiding habits among the playerbase rather than cater to selfishness, greed, backstabbing and pissing contests. I play MMO's to compete in a friendly atmosphere. If I want to cut throats, I'll turn serial killer.

Firsties on a title? Congratulations on your achievement. But seriously...are you 6?? :rolleyes:

Does anyone else on the server have the title? No. How long has NiM DF been out? Almost 5 months... Is Gate Crasher hard to get? In my opinion, no but apparently it is prestigious on this server. I don't know why you're calling us 6 year olds for being proud of getting server first Gate Crasher but whatever. As I said before, it never ceases to amaze me how much salt there is on this server when it comes to pve progression.

Wow, aren't you just Mr. Righteousness...

Look, bottom line is that I personally find it flabbergasting that no one had killed DF timed run on this server after the nerf; we went into the instance and we killed it. I have absolutely zero doubt in my mind that Torva could do this at any point in time, I mean, they killed Council which is no small feat. We posted this to say pretty much "Wow, no one did this and we haven't posted any of our other kills, lets post this." None of us are 6 years old (except for Bert maybe). Don't get all salty because you were kicked from your group and now you can't kill content.

Oh and if I didn't mention this before, grats Torva Nex for server first m8s

Wow. Did I strike a nerve?

I stated that I play MMO's to compete in a friendly atmosphere. Up until recently I've managed to do that. I even managed to get some of those titles for myself too. Until I encountered a certain raid team that was willing to "do anything it takes" including betray their own teammates.

Healthy raiding and healthy competition is fine. Absolutely nothing wrong with it and being recognized for it. For all I know that's what other raid teams are practicing and if that's so then I commend them all for it. But this particular raid group I know up close and personally. And the toes they're willing to step on for their 15 minutes. They had my respect once as they seem to have others. Maybe they should be asking themselves what they did to lose it.

There is a **** ton of talent on this server that never even sees the inside of an Ops because competition drives raiders to do some rather unhealthy things to each other. And even more who are just as qualified to achieve these titles that are never given the chance. But I'll let them speak for themselves if they're willing to bear the flames. Do you honestly scratch your head at night and wonder why PvE content is ebbing away??

UWAT lost a friend for the sake of prestige. That doesn't sound like an achievement to me.

Also. Want less salt? Please step away from the shaker and allow people to speak their peace. Thanks. :)

Wow. Did I strike a nerve?

I stated that I play MMO's to compete in a friendly atmosphere. Up until recently I've managed to do that. I even managed to get some of those titles for myself too. Until I encountered a certain raid team that was willing to "do anything it takes" including betray their own teammates.

Healthy raiding and healthy competition is fine. Absolutely nothing wrong with it and being recognized for it. For all I know that's what other raid teams are practicing and if that's so then I commend them all for it. But this particular raid group I know up close and personally. And the toes they're willing to step on for their 15 minutes. They had my respect once as they seem to have others. Maybe they should be asking themselves what they did to lose it.

There is a **** ton of talent on this server that never even sees the inside of an Ops because competition drives raiders to do some rather unhealthy things to each other. And even more who are just as qualified to achieve these titles that are never given the chance. But I'll let them speak for themselves if they're willing to bear the flames. Do you honestly scratch your head at night and wonder why PvE content is ebbing away??

UWAT lost a friend for the sake of prestige. That doesn't sound like an achievement to me.

Also. Want less salt? Please step away from the shaker and allow people to speak their peace. Thanks. :)

Personally, I think your in a situation where you believe you should get everything you want. Let me explain. From my understanding, you were in probably the most competitive group on server for NiM DF progression. Don't believe anyone at this point can deny that Torva is either the best or top 3 progression guilds on this server right now. Anyways, you were kicked. Whether this was skill oriented or player dynamics I don't know, but as it stands you were removed because they had someone either better or of equal skill that could fill in without issues.

I raid with 2 groups. One is Contraband. We are a close knit group who are friends first, progression second. We enjoy raiding with one another, but we wont sacrifice our friendships that have been cultivated over the past few years for the sake of being server firsts. This means waiting for people to show up, everyone gets a chance at the boss, etc. The 2nd in Proper Villains on The Ebon Hawk. This is a progression minded group. We may be friends, but in the end its guild progression first. This means people will be sat if someone is better. Its nothing against them personally, its just they are holding back the guild from progression. I personally don't see anything wrong with either instance.

Simply put, its rare to find both and have it work for a per longed period of time. If you want progression, than you need to put yourself in a position to compete for someones spot and not call out a group for replacing you for whatever reasons. If you want to raid in a friendly environment, you have to be willing to settle and deal with the little nuances of people having lives outside the game. I will add this, I don't know what happened with Torva and you personally, but from these posts I get the feeling it was a personality clash that forced you out. I am hard pressed to say in either raid environment I mentioned you'll find a place if this is how you respond to getting sat.

Btw, Grats to Torva on Council and PM on DF Timed Run. Hopefully my jugg deeps will be able to clear council at some point lol, but doubtful without Bloodthirst.

I know you can do it, we just need the right DPS comp =\

I have no doubts if we had a mara in there we could do it. But without it, I dont think so. Or rather, we could without a mara but the start of third phase would be rather hectic.

@ veSev

With all due respect. You're mistaken in all except the fact that there was indeed a personality clash not of my making over the use of the Nightmare Pilgrim buff. But there was also a breakdown in communication when I was encouraged to speak my mind only to be met with hostility similar to the hostility I'm meeting here on the board.

Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.

My greatest offense was believing in my own raid ability and that of my teammates not to pursue using the buff. I turned out to be right and we achieved the CotDF title. But we all know how the story ends. I don't know what they call themselves now, but at the time UWAT called themselves a casual progression raid team. But their actions were strictly hardcore. I gave my friendship to the wrong people and I paid the price. Never again. However, my feelings toward this one group does not necessarily reflect my feelings toward the remainder of Torva Nex. I'd like to believe I still have a friend or two there, but if this isn't so, I understand.

@ veSev

With all due respect. You're mistaken in all except the fact that there was indeed a personality clash not of my making over the use of the Nightmare Pilgrim buff. But there was also a breakdown in communication when I was encouraged to speak my mind only to be met with hostility similar to the hostility I'm meeting here on the board.

Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.

My greatest offense was believing in my own raid ability and that of my teammates not to pursue using the buff. I turned out to be right and we achieved the CotDF title. But we all know how the story ends. I don't know what they call themselves now, but at the time UWAT called themselves a casual progression raid team. But their actions were strictly hardcore. I gave my friendship to the wrong people and I paid the price. Never again. However, my feelings toward this one group does not necessarily reflect my feelings toward the remainder of Torva Nex. I'd like to believe I still have a friend or two there, but if this isn't so, I understand.

Someone pass me a tissue.... tears of joy are rolling down my face because I think this sob story is finally done with.

Mal you go your way, torva goes there's. Gg no re. No1 can change the past, so stop living in it. Fyi sorry to hear how everything turned out but now its time to move on.

Edited by Dukago