Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People keep talking about a merge, but I just cant see that happening. If they were 3 pve servers, sure, and I'd bet real money it would of already happened months ago.

Sure there's a few people in this thread that said they would be ok with that, but that's not how the world works.

There is only 1 option to keep the majority happy, and that's to give everyone transfer tokens to move to where they wish to. Those who wish to remain on a RP or PVP server type, can go to one of those server in the EU or US, and those that don't want to forgo a low ping can go to Dalborra.

Everyone i come across on MD wants a merge...

Why is a merge even needed if everyone can transfer to where they want to go?

Because in order for the APAC population to survive there needs to be a consolidated decision on where to go. Allowing transfers right off the bat without a merger will just split the community every which way as many people would not be willing to take a risk and try consilidating on a single server and instead head off to US/EU. By merging then allowing transfers, people have the opportunity to see what the population and the community is like before jumping off to US servers

Why is a merge even needed if everyone can transfer to where they want to go?

A free transfer token adds a risk choice for all APAC players. They have to choose between going to a already high pop server and sacrificing ping, or staying on APAC in the hope that enough other players decide to stay on APAC to give the server a good population.

No one wants to be stuck on a low population server, so a lot of players might decide that to use their free transfer to move on. Which kills off any chance of the APAC server building a decent population. This is why you merge the server, and only allow transfers to it. It literally forces the APAC server to increase in population and if it does reach a decent level, people are more likely to stay.

If it doesn't reach a decent level after that, well then APAC was always doomed. And the servers will probably be shutdown.

If it doesn't reach a decent level after that, well then APAC was always doomed. And the servers will probably be shutdown.

If they merge Dalborra, Gav and Master D the population will be more than decent. Dalborra isn't all that bad atm but would greatly benefit from the addition of both the other 2 APAC server populations. I doubt they would have to worry about APAC server population again if they go through with a merge of all three.

Edited by Amlici

Because in order for the APAC population to survive there needs to be a consolidated decision on where to go. Allowing transfers right off the bat without a merger will just split the community every which way as many people would not be willing to take a risk and try consilidating on a single server and instead head off to US/EU. By merging then allowing transfers, people have the opportunity to see what the population and the community is like before jumping off to US servers

^This. Just allowing random transfers would kill the APAC servers.

That's alright Ailie the greater populace doesn't want to play with you anyway snob.

Funny that, considering I'm the one not having issues finding people to play with :rolleyes:

Open transfers are the answer, everyone gets what they want. If APAC doesn't survive as a result, well thems the breaks

Funny that, considering I'm the one not having issues finding people to play with :rolleyes:

Open transfers are the answer, everyone gets what they want. If APAC doesn't survive as a result, well thems the breaks

Open transfer with no merge will kill one or two of the APAC servers. I think it's an understatement to say most MMO players want to be in a Massively Multiplayer environment.

Open transfer with no merge will kill one or two of the APAC servers. I think it's an understatement to say most MMO players want to be in a Massively Multiplayer environment.

True, but people also don't want to be on a server that they don't want to be on. A mass merge will have hundreds of people on a server that they don't want to be on, for a variety of reasons.

True, but people also don't want to be on a server that they don't want to be on. A mass merge will have hundreds of people on a server that they don't want to be on, for a variety of reasons.

So you have actually managed to find a server with a decent population where everyone is chummy? Personally I have found the APAC community to be the most pleasant of any MMO I have played. I don't think because you seem to have a few enemies they are going to forgo trying to resurrect the APAC servers :rolleyes:

Enemies is such a strong word... I prefer 'people I just don't particularly like'. Yeah every server has them but there seems to be a higher proportion of them here for some reason... or maybe the low pop just makes them a lot more noticeable... either way, I'd rather just be rid of them.

But to think that BW would scrap APAC servers for me? Really when have I ever said that? No I just want the choice to play on the server of MY choice, because you know, it's my game experience afterall, I should be able to choose where I want to have it and not be forced onto a server because other people want to justify it's existence.

If there's no population for APAC as a result of people choosing what server they want to play on, then there is not enough support for an APAC server. Simple really.

I should be able to choose where I want to have it and not be forced onto a server because other people want to justify it's existence.

I'm sorry Ailie but I'm really am beginning to see why you have difficulties getting along with people. For the record we don't need you to justify our existence.

Enemies is such a strong word... I prefer 'people I just don't particularly like'. Yeah every server has them but there seems to be a higher proportion of them here for some reason... or maybe the low pop just makes them a lot more noticeable... either way, I'd rather just be rid of them.

But to think that BW would scrap APAC servers for me? Really when have I ever said that? No I just want the choice to play on the server of MY choice, because you know, it's my game experience afterall, I should be able to choose where I want to have it and not be forced onto a server because other people want to justify it's existence.

If there's no population for APAC as a result of people choosing what server they want to play on, then there is not enough support for an APAC server. Simple really.

The game has an ignore feature... isn't that enough?

I never knew random players could be annoying enough to make you not even want to be on the same server as them.

Are you afraid someone will gank you or something and ruin your immersion? As stated you can /ignore and move along.

Who don't you like? It's a game, you don't know the person personally. shouldn't come to "they should just be gotten rid of." I've seen your posts. You just come across as ignorant. That kid in kindergarten who always played the sweetheart on the outside and got to play with the cool toys but deep down was just evil manipulating people to their cause...is that RP enough for you? Do I qualify enough to be on the same server as you?

Allie is welcome on the harbinger. Yes, BW should give the option to transfer to whatever server people want right off the bat. There are still many characters of people stuck on servers they don't want to be on USA and European servers from the mega server mergers from a few months ago.

Edited by Knockerz

I hope they allow us to transfer off Oceanic.

you hope but that wouldn't solve APAC server that would kill it, most likely they will make a new realm that every1 can transfer too so you get first debs on character names then remove the old three realms

But that doesn't mean you can't transfer off APAC server once paid character transfers are up which have been tested on the test server you can then transfer off but give the merge server a chance cause you miss those low pings

Edited by xxpcwizardxx

I'm not having issues finding anyone to play with Ailie.

That you can't figure out that population issues are separate to being social with the people who do play just shows how out of sync with the community you are.

Edited by MyPetMonkey

you hope but that wouldn't solve APAC server that would kill it, most likely they will make a new realm that every1 can transfer too so you get first debs on character names then remove the old three realms

But that doesn't mean you can't transfer off APAC server once paid character transfers are up which have been tested on the test server you can then transfer off but give the merge server a chance cause you miss those low pings

Too late, BW killed APAC servers by doing nothing, they will just continue dwindle to nothing, action was required months ago.

i'll now be taking a transfer to US when available, damned if i will pay for it tho, and i'll be un-subbing until they come around