Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

You are not only exaggerating your average valor per win in a warzone, but your math is wrong (10k an hour compared to 6k an hour is much more than 40% more, its closer to 75 or 80%).

Try again.

Lol first i am not exaggerating my valor gained... simple 10 medals can be pretty easily farmed means 500 valor + 200 valor for ilum buff and you get 800 valor for losing a game if i am not mistaken and 1k for winning.

2nd, yea i did wrong math there, but still it doesnt matter even if it was 100%, becouse as i said 9 hours farm is nothing in the long run.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus maybe they were just trying to give people a brief window to catch up? Maybe they knew this would only last one day... you know... even the playing field for people who pay for the game but dont play for hours and hours and hours a day.

Has to be the most ridiculous response ive read all day, thanks for that.

Jesus maybe they were just trying to give people a brief window to catch up? Maybe they knew this would only last one day... you know... even the playing field for people who pay for the game but dont play for hours and hours and hours a day.

Give the imperials to catch up?

Level playing field for whom?

I don't hear too many servers with Repub-dominance.../facepalm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

Get through your thick head that this is the only realistic solution that they can implement. If you think they can punish hundreds of thousands of players that got their progression legitimately in the whole game today in order to roll back the few hundreds that got it by exploiting, you must be the most delusional creature on the planet.

People at level 50 fighting it out on Ilum are the vast minority compared to the vast majority of the playerbase that isn't even near to get there.

Demanding for them to completely void the progression of the vast majority in order to hit the vast minority is ludicrous. The only thing you should be asking for is exactly what they promise, for those in that vast minority to be pinpointed and adressed individually.

There's no other solution in the realm of realism. Simple as that.

Again, If there's one thing sensitive people should be demanding instead of this "rollback" nonsense, is for those that exploited to be pinpointed and their gains removed.

That's all it takes. It's simple, effective, solves the problem and doesn't affect those that had nothing to do with it.

Edited by Abriael

someone link a youtube video that shows ppl getting 1k valor per turrent or someone thats getting tons of valor per minute.. I've searched videos that has been uploaded today with the name illum and found nothing of that Edited by Leefn

You clearly did something wrong then :)

Look at the screenshot linked earlier, 500 valor per minute is 30k/hour. That's a 400% boost from 6k/hour, so it's not just a minor boost.

Okey, well my server wasnt spawn camping neither abusing broken turrets, we were just aoe farming them at entrance to base,

They killed my game. I loved it but ya what the point if I'm a pvper on the republic side already dealing with a unbalanced pvp problem. Obvious the supporters are Imps.

I may be Imperial but I'm no where close to 50 right now. I just don't understand why people are freaking out so far. I thought people enjoyed playing games just for playing them. But it seems Valour is serious business. It's the path that leads to 60 valour, not reaching it that is fun.

If some people abused it, then more to them. I understand Bioware messed up with this, but honestly they are trying to improve the game. It just can't instantly be good, they still lots to learn. I'll support them until I see no results, then I'll probably unsub, but with all this promised content I'll stay around a little longer.

Look at the screenshot linked earlier, 500 valor per minute is 30k/hour. That's a 400% boost from 6k/hour, so it's not just a minor boost.

True, which is why today's valor gain needs to be removed from people who obtained enormous amounts of it.

But not via rollback as some clueless people are screaming here, they will have to track down exploiters with different ways.

Edited by Vlacke

I got on after class tonite and joined a ops since I just hit 50 today. I switched Ilum instances to match them then had to ride into the PVP area since the waypoint was gone. I rode south looking for them, first time in the area only to get a loading screen once I got there. Then I spent the next 40 minutes looking at a loading screen and "x'ing" out of game to reload to find it stuck at that loading screen listening to the battle. Finally when I reloaded for the fourth time I was in Ilum (1) and got to see myself laying dead with the medical center button.

Yeah I would say this needs a lot of work. I had been told to turn everything down on my video settings before entering and even then it was abysmal fps...and I'm well over minimum specs. How can you design a game where you can't turn down the spell/ability affects of other players to make it more manageable? Or even then, why not focus on optimizing that so if more than 20 players are in an area the game doesn't slow to a one frame per minute crawl?

Lol first i am not exaggerating my valor gained... simple 10 medals can be pretty easily farmed means 500 valor + 200 valor for ilum buff and you get 800 valor for losing a game if i am not mistaken and 1k for winning.

2nd, yea i did wrong math there, but still it doesnt matter even if it was 100%, becouse as i said 9 hours farm is nothing in the long run.

Then you must be imperial. I tend to be one of the top people on my teams, and on MY server (all servers are not the same) i lose 3/4 matches. Granted i always do great dps and hold points well, i still only top about 7-8 medals on a good run, and it is far from constant.

Again, i think you are playing on the side that has the bias, therefor it is not as obvious to you. Oh, and i get around 500-600 valor for a loss on average, unless that has been changed as well.

Wait, Loekii the guy who trolled these forums pre-release who stated multiple times the game sucked and would fail, still bought the game, still plays the game, and still trolls the same forums.

HAHAHA.

Edited by Cinge

your math is majorly flawed. the guy just made a screen of this best 1 minute valor gain. he wont make much more than 10k an hour. and anyway, people who exploited this excessively will get their valor removed anyway(or a similar measurement), according to bioware.

Gabe Amatangelo

Principal Lead PvP, Flashpoints and Operations Designer

This man ruined one MMO's PvP and arguably the game. I don't think I'll be giving a company money who employs this guy and his design decisions. I was willing to actually until 1.1 and the notes came out. Now when my guild has TWO people logged on and we are a PvP guild after a major content patch...

I think I'll vote with my wallet thanks!

Definitely vote with your wallet. It is all they listen to.

While the patch and the design decisions are bad, their response is horrible, and then they come in and try to be dishonest about it.

I would have had some empathy, had they simply manned up to the mistake, and talked to us like customers.

If you mess up, own it, and make it right and tell me how it wont happen again.

If you ignore it, then try to be dishonest about, make a weak attempt to fix it, and fail to even say it wont happen again, then I really do not think it is worth spending my money.

Like when that RealID fiasco in WoW killed WoW? Oh, wait... it didn't.

Or, maybe you mean when that $300 monocle killed EVE? Oh wait... it didn't.

You must mean that going F2P thing that killed LOTRO or DDO? Nope, it didn't either. Sorry man, I'm lost.

What I see is a company that rolled out a patch, realized the patch was a but buggy on the PVP side, and wrote a hotfix to be rolled out within 24 hours. If that's not customer service, I don't know what is. It's already been handled, either you're satisfied or you're not. Either it's a first world problem that you quit over, or you don't. But, remember, your anger and dismay is not everyone's, it only belongs to you. And, you alone (or even you and 10-12 people) aren't going to kill an MMO, even if they royally screwed this one up, which didn't happen.

Comprehension. Important. I never mentioned killing the game. I suggest you take a breather, and read posts accurately.

Screw this, add me to the 'subscription cancelled' list. I can't take this **** no more.

Not only did BW screw up bigtime whatever PvP that was left but they also introduced the following bugs:

- Random black/loading screen during gameplay every now and then, PvP and Warzones included

- Random black/loading screen between loading screens (lol)

- FPS decrease

- Ability stuttering increase (***)

- Total faction imbalance

- Broken valor system

And this. Just... this:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3092/bwusuck.jpg

How on earth am I supposed to tell if 5 is on CD or not off the corner of my eye when the icons are lit constantly and locked to the bottom of my screen? I never used to look at my quickbars, now I gotta pay more attention to them than to the actual action. A quick glance won't do. Couldn't you at least have modified the blue icons with another color? That would have taken 5 minutes tops, be it in Photoshop or Paint...

When the CD notifier is the same color as most of your ability icons = Fail

Nor did BW fix any of the following bugs:

- Green walls all over the place

- Peeps randomly falling through elevators

- Peeps randomly ending up stuck in space during Warzones

- Peeps randomly falling through the floor during HMs

- Ability stuttering

- Crew Skills (Biochem is still way superior)

- No money sinks (peeps are literally giving it away)

- Stuck social/light/dark side bars

- Doc 'Crazy Talk' quest bug

+ many more

BW have no idea how to run a MMO and their customer support is worse than NCfails legendary tech monkeys... I'm not spending another dime on this game until we get a rollback and/or fire Gabe.

O look, someone who gets it. BioWare, see this guys post? Positive Criticism... In case you didn't know BioWare (because obviously you didn't since you have addressed none of this) this is the **** thats WRONG with your game!!!! At least some of it. FFS, now this today? Really, one month? This is gonna be the biggest flop in MMO history...

Blizzard is laughing so hard at you right now that they cant even see straight, and GW2 devs are jizzing in their pants knowing they are gonna pick up a ton of the subs you just bled out here today when they release. Good game....

No rollback is unreal. The small amount of people it would effect who were legit grinding today does not outweigh the enormous amount of people who abused this system and will probably go unpunished due to the sheer amount of people who did it and how impossible it will be for bioware to track them all down.

Also, im putting money down that more of the republic who did this gets punished then Sith do.

Its going to be so awesome entering into level 50 warzones facing opponents who all have max valor and BiS gear.

That will certainly keep alot of your player base...

I actually hope they are taking note, and make sure that their stuff is tight -- and that they dont try to just BS the community like BW is doing.

It is common to have bugs and errors. It is what level of bugs and how you respond to them, that really makes a difference.

Waiting all day to do nothing, be dishonest to the community, and then try to 'give them a cookie', is just the wrong approach for my dollar.

Making rash decisions is not the way to solve problems either. Shutting down the servers would affect a larger portion of the players than the ones just on Ilum. The lvl 50's make a small portion of the player base right now. Not to mention the fact that for hours today, fools bought into the turrets giving massive valor ridiculousness. They probably spent some time trying to track down the validity of that claim seeing as how many people actually believed it. Republicans knew they were getting farmed though, yet they kept coming. Wouldn't the smart thing to do as a republican have been to simply avoid the zone until it was fixed, ask for free game time to make up for the portion of the game they were denied because some people took advantage of a bug. If you had avoided the zone no one would of gotten valor. Not like huge valor gains were made. Larger than normal, yes, but no one is walking around as a battlemaster now because of it.

Professional footballers appeal to the ref.

We are appealing to the ref in a passionate manner.

This thread has nothing to do with your past gaming addiction.

Sir, your response is rational and reasonable, I am referring to people who are neither...

And using your metaphor of a player appealing a referee, I would say a player screaming at a referee and then leaving the field and refusing to play to be a tad more accurate to the general tone of this thread...