How do you min-max High tiers of gear in PvE?

Get drops from operation/flashpoint bosses and strip out the armor/mods/enhancements in them, or get the parts from the vendors. For 72 mods/enhancements, you for sure want to get the mods/enhancements from 55 HM Operation bosses and use them for your gear. Edited by OMGITSJAD

Three methods:

1. Comms: Buy full pieces at a vendor with elite/ultimate comms that have the mod/enhancement you want. Generally you can only get best-in-slot mods this way (except for tanks, who have a rougher time of it), unless the enhancement you want is the power-alacrity one, which is available from jedi knight leggings.

2. Operations drops (or HM flashpoint drops for 69's): Either grab extra tokens and turn them in at the vendor for some piece (maybe not from your class) that has the right mod/enhancement, or sometimes you'll get nice verpine or black market drops from bosses as well that have good mods/enhancements in them.

3. Get them crafted: The mats are pricey, but you should be able to find a crafter for just about any mod/enhancement who's willing to trade it for mats.

Edited by cxten

^^ all good advice. I would just like to add that you can spend a LOT of time trying to get 100% min-max'ed. I would suggest spending credits/Mats on enhancements if you can afford them. And using your vendor to buy (in my case it was bracers X7) for the Mod you need. The bracers cost 80 Ultimate Comms and you just rip out the mod, and throw them away.

Don't waste your Comms on buying head/chest/legs, ect. those pieces you will get from Underworld Drops in HM OP's. Then just simply move he Mods/Enhancements to those pieces to retain the 4-set bonus. You generally want to keep your 4 set (69) bonus while you are trying to get the 4-set (72). its just a matter of moving around Mods/Enhancements along the way.

You cannot truely min-max with the items you buy from the vendors with Ultimate commendation. Nearly every piece only has the lettered mods and enhancements that have more endurance at the cost of the more desired stats such as power/absorb/defense/shield. Even tanks have plenty of endurance without using any of those.

So while you can be in full 72's with armoring/mods and enhancements from Verpine gear, you will not get the set bonus nor the better un-lettered mods and enhancements that only come on the Underworld gear.

Blows that it does not take long until the only use for Ultimate comms is gearing companions.

Hit need on a lot of tier boots for that one good enhancement. :(

I understand that BW wants us to pull mods/enhancements from other pieces, but is there really any reason to make the offset pieces only have low power enhancements? I'm going to have to run S&V/TFB a zillion times either way, might as well give us more than one source for it.

It's really goofy to have NiMs on farm but still have to do them because people STILL aren't BiS because of how enhancements work.

Edited by Arenatah