Will your guild bring combat medics to operations post 1.2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

Early reports from copied characters who are actually TESTING the changes, as opposed to people reading patch notes, are that the changes are not as bad as people think it is. Resource management is harder, they suggest, but good players are still good players.

That is assuming they don't just all unsub, would you still consider bringing a commando/merc healer to a hardmode/nightmare operation? Discuss.

No they wont bring me to hm ops any longer. It doesnt matter that I have been in there since day 1 ops.

When your 7% to beat soa, you start looking for the weak link. Unfortunately that will be me, the combat medic.

Forgot to mention, my guildleader has already told me to reroll :(

Havoc Squad RIP

Edited by Dast

We're a tight 8-man group, why wouldn't we bring the same guy who's been playing with us since early access??

Wait for 1.2 and see the impact in operations before ranting.

Some guilds have more than just 8 players and are forced to pick who sits out.

That is assuming they don't just all unsub, would you still consider bringing a commando/merc healer to a hardmode/nightmare operation? Discuss.

My guilds going to wait to see how they changes actually play out instead of make sweeping assumptions and rage quit like a 10 year old.

Yes.

Early reports from copied characters who are actually TESTING the changes, as opposed to people reading patch notes, are that the changes are not as bad as people think it is. Resource management is harder, they suggest, but good players are still good players.

this.

We had 2 merc healers, 1 op healer, and 1 sorc healer for the new world boss tonight.

The mercs played around, picked up the new heat management rotation, and were able to effectively heal us through it. While their throughput was probably lower (yeah we have logs, but nothing to compare it to) we wont be sitting mercs anytime soon. Unless they buff ops more, then we'll just bring a ton of ops.

this.

We had 2 merc healers, 1 op healer, and 1 sorc healer for the new world boss tonight.

The mercs played around, picked up the new heat management rotation, and were able to effectively heal us through it. While their throughput was probably lower (yeah we have logs, but nothing to compare it to) we wont be sitting mercs anytime soon. Unless they buff ops more, then we'll just bring a ton of ops.

Lets say you were short a few people and had to run an 8-man op and you had to sit two of those four healers out?

Lets say you were short a few people and had to run an 8-man op and you had to sit two of those four healers out?

if thats the case i feel sorry you being in a flavour of the month guild. in my guild the players are competent we bring what we want.

My guilds going to wait to see how they changes actually play out instead of make sweeping assumptions and rage quit like a 10 year old.

Dude, your attitude in every thread I've seen you in is just awful.

WE GET IT, you don't like the doomsayers. Stop acting like an a** in every single thread. It gets old quick.

Yes you bring your Merc healer because they still provide dmg reduction via Supercharged Gas/Kolto Missile. Just find yourself a solid merc who knows how to play his/her class and they'll be just fine. It's not the end of the world for BHs.

Interesting rant... Lets counter it fast.

How many scoundrels you have as healers on your Guild now?

Compared to an hypotetical scenario still 3+ weeks ahead based on the half-arsed "analysis" of Readers that spend more time typing than testing.

Sigh... Some ppl is so short sighted that I don't know how they avoid dying because of excessive stumbling.

Edited by ragamer

Ppl are taking perfection too seriuosly. You dont need best healer (sorc lol op) to finish raid. Bring merc and operative and it can be done. Its a bit harder but its doable. Content is not that hard..

I dont aggre with this nerf bioware trend :mad: but its not the end of the world.

No they wont bring me to hm ops any longer. It doesnt matter that I have been in there since day 1 ops.

When your 7% to beat soa, you start looking for the weak link. Unfortunately that will be me, the combat medic.

Forgot to mention, my guildleader has already told me to reroll :(

Havoc Squad RIP

Then you need to leave that guild. No guild leader should ever ask someone to reroll. Your leader is a bad player and has no business leading a guild.

Then you need to leave that guild. No guild leader should ever ask someone to reroll. Your leader is a bad player and has no business leading a guild.

QFE. A well run raid that doesn't have the perfect build will still succeed. Running with geared nubs doesn't work.

You got no business giving advice about things you know nothing about. Your post is full of ignorant.

You got no business giving advice about things you know nothing about. Your post is full of ignorant.

No, I'm pretty sure that he's right on the money. That idiot needs to find himself in a guild on one......all by hiimself.

Sorry but no, there was nothing ignorant about my post. A good guild leader doesn't tell his members to reroll because he now believes a class is ineffective. I would never, ever ask anyone in my guild to abandon their main toon and reroll to something else. Sorry, but your guild leader is a bad leader.

Sorry but no, there was nothing ignorant about my post. A good guild leader doesn't tell his members to reroll because he now believes a class is ineffective. I would never, ever ask anyone in my guild to abandon their main toon and reroll to something else. Sorry, but your guild leader is a bad leader.

It really depends on the intent of the guild. If they are a hardcore progression guild, then yes - it is possible the guy might get told to reroll if the nerfs are that bad.

For all others, it is over-the-top; however, I really suspect the guy was just told that while joking and the GM probably wasn't serious or the poster was just making the whole think up for hyperbole. You know, Internet anonymity and all that.

You provided everything that is needed to know to comment about your GL telling you to re-roll. I would also suggest leave that guild, GL sounds like an arse.

You posting that on the boards that are open to others to read and comment is inviting them to comment, you turned it into our business in a sense. Don't want to have someone comment on it, then don't post it otherwise people will.

It really depends on the intent of the guild. If they are a hardcore progression guild, then yes - it is possible the guy might get told to reroll if the nerfs are that bad.

For all others, it is over-the-top; however, I really suspect the guy was just told that while joking and the GM probably wasn't serious or the poster was just making the whole think up for hyperbole. You know, Internet anonymity and all that.

This is not WoW. You do not need class mini-maxing to complete the encounters on NiM.

This is not WoW. You do not need class mini-maxing to complete the encounters on NiM.

I didn't say that.

I said it depends on the intent of the guild. If you willingly join a guild that intends of making world firsts, then I suspect you would be willing to obey the guildmaster. It isn't just about TOR or the current difficulty level.

Yall are theorycrafting the conversation, and making assumptions. For the full context of what actually happened, you had to be there..

But i'll go into more detail. It went something like this.

GL: Everyone go see the new awesome 1.2 patch notes, I'm so happy!

Me: **** the lame*** patch notes, yall are dreaming if you think thats gonna happen in march.

Me: Go see Havoc Squad burn in flames in 1.2!

GL: Dude calm down its not that bad

Me: @!$#@@^$%$@!@%

GL: Why dont you play a different character?

Why would I gimp my guilds progression even asking for an ops spot? I wouldnt.

Edited by Dast