SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sincerely hoping an expansion is on it's way. Community morale is hitting the low point that it always hits between expansions.

I love this game, and have played it on and off since it launched. I want to see it go on for a very long time with continued support and high quality updates. My favorite thing is the storytelling, I couldn't imagine playing a Star Wars game without a huge emphasis on story, and connecting with characters, with player agency involved in the narrative in the BioWare style, because to me that has been a lot of what Star Wars is about. The characters, the choices made by them, and their relationships with one another.

That being said, the current updates are not adequate, it's 1 hour or less worth of story content, and then you're done with the entire update, and you're back to waiting for 2-3 months. In Guild Wars 2, their updates take several hours to complete, and the story is always coupled with new side-content to play, such as gaining achievements, etc, combined with new areas and repeatable content outside of the story that make the game feel more alive.

I loved the expansion, and how story was delivered with a large quantity of the chapters at release, I would love to see that continue going forward, but for post-launch updates, there needs to be more than just 1 short chapter that takes place in a flashpoint. There's nothing to explore, no achievements to track and chase after, nothing to really keep you in the game after you've completed the flashpoint.

Edited by Jesira

I like your plan and I already had time to try out all the novelties specified in the chart. I can not wait to meet with the SWTOR new 2018 year, and I very much hope that in next year we will see a new story arc unfolded, as in kotet and kotfe (it was sooo amazing experiense, i hope to see more in future and I can wait as long as I need, just do it! Please :)) multiplayer is fine, but the world of sw, lore, exciting story - that's what attracts fans in this franchise. and I'm like a wild fan of star wars, I belong to them, cant wait to see again a new great story arc... killing Alliance is a good idea, and maybe we can see old companions again, and maybe you can add new role to Arcann and other... uh-oh, stop me please :)

just do your job, we have a great faith in you guys!

I wish you all the best!

we're in winter guys...time to give some concrete roadmap for 2018.

The last roadmap was 10/2. Since these are supposed to be quarterly that means the next one is due in a week or so. I doubt that's gonna happen because holidays. 50/50 we get a roadmap by 1/14/18 - but BW may not be ready to talk about 6.0 or anything past the next fp.

I wonder if it will be early January or be pushed back and back till the roadmap comes out a week before the first update.

I think everyone could do with something to look forward to in the game. The guys at Elder Scrolls online have laid out their plan for 2018 with 4 content updates through the year. Now the first one being a return to Skyrim for more dungeons not really my thing but that is how you go into the holiday week. Other than knowing Andronikos is going to return in the next update we have nothing. Supposedly VO is done 6 months in advance so we should know the next next few companions that are being returned early next year as the VO is already done. Unless its going to be one companion for the first half of 2018.

Just to Hazzard a guess I could probably write it for them.

Generic Back Slapping about how well 2017 went, ignoring the treatment of west coast players and making a joke about only getting 3 operation bosses out. Something about how Yavin is the best warzone despite feeling strangely familiar to Alderaan and how passionate people have been about the story arc.

Update 5.7 Brings with it the 4th Operation boss, who despite each of the previous ones being the most fun this was is also the most fun and engaging. It also has an Alliance Alert to get Andronikos back, minimal interaction, minimal back story, make sure you have played the SI story so you know his a pirate.

Update 5.8 Brings the final Flashpoint in the 'Alliance Traitor' Story Arc we are of to (insert planet of choice sadly mine is Yavin 4) where there will be a bunch of boss mobs to kill as we track the traitor across the planet with a cut scene at the end drawing it to a conclusion. The conclusion will of course leave no one happy as we will see massive plot holes and leaps of logic.

Update 5.9 The final Operation boss will be launched and some quality of life improvements. This operation boss will also be the most fun ever and offer a real challenge.

Then there will be some vague notion about companions, story and multiplayer aspects of the game, despite most of 2017 having been more about instanced co-op play than open world massive multiplayer content. Then a sign of saying looking forward to the feedback, despite it seeming no feed back from the Fall Roadmap being given any consideration.

I cant tell if I should be happy or sad about the merge... On one end it means more players and probably more server events but it also seems kind of a waste of time considering there isn't much content coming out in the process

I'm really hoping getting the merge done and polishing up GC to what many would consider an acceptable level is all done and they can start focusing more on content. They originally wanted to have all five Gods released by now, but I think having to go back and tweak GC so many times, then prepare to merge the servers with minimal impact on players took a lot of resources that otherwise may have gone into game play. We'll probably still see another FP or two to finish off the current storyline, and the two Gods still released one at a time, but I'm holding out hope that there will be a 6.0 release in 2018 (preferably in spring, probably in winter), and that it will be good.

In the meantime tho, I'm still having a lot of fun running the latest op in different roles and with different people. It really is a fun one, with mechanics that matter, which is what I like the most in my operations. It'll keep me entertained for a while. Shame about the story-only players, but they digest their content so quickly anyway. . .

LOL ! hey oh bioware !

is there something announced for this new year? because autumn is over and 2017 too..

this game is in autopilot..

Waiting BW is still in hibernation. They still have to sleep off their intoxication.:p:p:D

Well the cartel market is certainly not in hibernation...all of swtor's post on FB and Twitter are for "new" CM sales...great job...would you please inform us if you are going to only do space barbie dress up and we will have another 2017esque of content?

It's 2018, where is an roadmap related to 2018? Roadmaps are supposed to be out months in advance of the content but we literally have no idea what to expect for our subscription fees anymore.

Not only we have no idea, they also have no idea what they are doing. Is there anyone left to provide the game with new stuff, i think not so.

Ist a shame what they are doing with the great potential Star Wars could be.

6 Years and no really great Add-On, only small DLCs - there is no hope more for that game.

Well, Bioware, holidays are over, and I know you are back because I saw you posting on forums:D

How about you tell us the exact date for the release of the final piece of the traitor's story? Or the date for next raid boss? Preferably both:D

Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with Vette on top?:cool:

Well, Bioware, holidays are over, and I know you are back because I saw you posting on forums:D

How about you tell us the exact date for the release of the final piece of the traitor's story? Or the date for next raid boss? Preferably both:D

Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with Vette on top?:cool:

I can't help but see the irony in your request for an update while seeing your signature...which needs an update ;)

Still on the Autumn road map. Hmm... It's winter.

Next is spring.

We get lost easily.

We need a new road map to find our way.

I'm gonna hold my breath till we get one.

#passes out

(did I get their attention yet? Shall I try kicking and screaming?)

Edited by LordRapheus

I can't help but see the irony in your request for an update while seeing your signature...which needs an update ;)

I wanted to update it ever since the merges but I keep forgetting. So i decided to leave it this way, as a remainder of the days long gone.

Is it necessary that this thread is still a sticky? Let it drop down to page 2 and beyond. We have 2018 already and a roadmap for 2017 at the top of the main forum here doesn't particularly look fresh imho.

The Roadmap usually remains a sticky until the new one is posted. I guess it's an easy way for returning players to see what the recent additions and changes are.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought the next roadmap is coming out in the next week(s).

Hope they have quite a few nice things planned for us in the (near) future, getting a bit bored with leveling all my toons to command rank 300 with the same content.

apparently levelling characters to rank 300 is content.

"New content coming soon - level your characters to new heights (of tedium) as command rank rises to 500! Thank you for following the Star Wars the Old Republic carrot!"

Edited by Storm-Cutter