Marauder smash changes 2.0

JP_Legatus

Marauder:

now has free force scream in smash, previously only for juggs

discuss

Needs to be removed, total crap. Focus management goes out of hand, even a monkey clicking random abilities wouldnt run out of it.

Instead we need back the Masterstrike buff, which btw is another nerf.

I liked the idea of reducing smash dmg and buffing singl target dmg. But taking away masterstrike dmg isnt a good thing

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs to be removed, total crap. Focus management goes out of hand, even a monkey clicking random abilities wouldnt run out of it.

Instead we need back the Masterstrike buff, which btw is another nerf.

I liked the idea of reducing smash dmg and buffing singl target dmg. But taking away masterstrike dmg isnt a good thing

Yeah it's a nerf for Jugg tanks too.

Why did they take away our ms/rav damage talent?! Eh it's whatever.

WTH why would they switch these around?! The free scream is much better for the tank jugg.

Juggernaut tank can pretty much make Scream free at any time now with Sweeping Fury and Revenge. Their Rage management improves beyond all measure with 2.0.

The free Scream talent might as well just be scrapped tbh. Both Rage specs have so much Rage anyway.

WTH why would they switch these around?! The free scream is much better for the tank jugg.

Your question contains the answer. They dont want tanks and vigilance to use it, thats why its bound to shi-choo now.

Although i feel they didnt looked into all changes this will do.

On sentinel they couldnt switch, altough they wanted to implement free force scream, so they moved it into pve bonus. I bet they forgot about pvp players who cant get the bonus. I bet they also forget about guardians who may obtain this 2 set boni, creating an incredible strong synergy for masterstrike.

That talent was already switched at beta one year and half ago. Marauders with free force screams were pretty nasty. I don't know why they brought it back, but well, now it's bound to shii-cho tho..

Edited by Keldaur

The free Scream talent might as well just be scrapped tbh.

I hope they do! ill hope they replace it with masterstrike again. Easy focusmanagement=bads can perform well. They better make it a hard to play class with the ability to compete in focus dmg with dds.

Focus management as it is now is ridicoulos on focus tree.

Yeah it's a nerf for Jugg tanks too.

Why did they take away our ms/rav damage talent?! Eh it's whatever.

Because to be perfectly honest it does a crap load of damage for something that can't be interrupted(obviously not counting stuns/knockbacks here). I've lost track of how many times I've practically one shot someone with precision slash into master strike and finishing them off with blade storm. Will I miss the 8% buff? Hell ya, but I agree that it needed to be removed from sentinels. It's in the first tier of immortal for juggs and I agree with it staying over there as vengeance relies much on ravage damage and they don't have precision slash like combat does.

Your question contains the answer. They dont want tanks and vigilance to use it, thats why its bound to shi-choo now.

Although i feel they didnt looked into all changes this will do.

On sentinel they couldnt switch, altough they wanted to implement free force scream, so they moved it into pve bonus. I bet they forgot about pvp players who cant get the bonus. I bet they also forget about guardians who may obtain this 2 set boni, creating an incredible strong synergy for masterstrike.

I can maybe see focus guardians opting to go for the pve 2pc set for the blade storm bonus, but vigilance guardians are definitely going to stay with the 4pc pvp bonus.

Because to be perfectly honest it does a crap load of damage for something that can't be interrupted(obviously not counting stuns/knockbacks here). I've lost track of how many times I've practically one shot someone with precision slash into master strike and finishing them off with blade storm. Will I miss the 8% buff? Hell ya, but I agree that it needed to be removed from sentinels. It's in the first tier of immortal for juggs and I agree with it staying over there as vengeance relies much on ravage damage and they don't have precision slash like combat does.

Yeah but this coupled with the change to ataru form hits proccing our scream crit only 30% of the time now is pretty stupid.

Some of these changes are ***...

Like no more 100% proc to 100% crit on scream for carnage?! Now a 30% chance off of execute, ***.

Yeah they gutted combat pretty hard. Looks like I won't be going back afterall =(

The way they talked about set bonus changes I'm wondering if it's possible to get PVE bonuses still because the first PVE bonus gives us back our 8% MS increase, and the second would give us pretty much permanent 4% boost to damage as long as you're using Zen every 15 seconds.

Where did you people get this information???Can someone share a link about this,no way are they gonna nerf smash in a way that force choke stops making shockwave .Link anyone?

Here is the skill trees revamp: http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/guardian/225/

Singularity/Shock will not generate stacks off of Stasis anymore.

You can also go to the PTS forum to see these things or copy your toon over to the PTS and see for yourself. This really blows up my hybrid smashtank spec, but the only reason I was hybrid was because shield generators sucked and the DEF/IMM tree needed some TLC...

I got both so now I will actually be a real tank...

They won't nerf Sents/Mars because they have already forced the majority of PvPers to be one. It is bad business to piss off the majority of your player base.

On pvp servers like POT5 or JM there are almost always more sorc/sages than sent/maras logged in at 50. if you check those that are pvping there are usually more sages/sorcs than sent/maras.

It doesn't really matter what nerfs BW throws at them, mercs and bad sorcs are going to whine about maras until the end of time.

There's still not going to change the fact you have to play rage in ranked, undying rage on 45 second cooldown (skill+set bonus)? Smash still autocrit so goes through the new and improved shielding mechanic, and with the lower crit across the board they are actually buffed relatively speaking.

Some of these changes are ***...

Like no more 100% proc to 100% crit on scream for carnage?! Now a 30% chance off of execute, ***.

It was already 30%. Look at your skill tree ingame lol.

Edit: Ignore this post. >.>

Edited by MrRuck

It already was 30%. Look at your skill tree ingame lol.

No he's talking about whatever the imp equivalent of combat trance is.

Right now Ataru Form has a 30% chance to proc opportune attack and 100% chance to proc combat trance.

While combat trance is active Blade Storm is an auto-crit.

In 2.0 Combat Trance is tied to opportune attack, so only a 30% chance to proc combat trance, and the autocrit that comes with it (though now Combat Trance gives you your focus back when you Blade Storm).

That ain't a small change. That's a huge nerf to Combat Burst.

Meanwhile, smash has undergone a rebalance at worst. Smash hits a bit less harder, but everything else hits a lot harder.

People are actually defending this class's spec? Wow.

Atleast Pyros have to press more than 3 buttons. Good god.

I use about 5 or 6 on my focus spec guardian thank you :p Some of us that played from the start don't just spam force sweep lol. The changes look good anyways, it isn't much of a nerf at all.

^^^

I agree , imo it was pretty much a buff, lets not forget that now there is a bigger difference between defense and dmg buff from expertise, which gives a buff to burst classes , if you ignore the better curve of bonus dmg, smash dmg has been buffed by 3% and all other dmg buffed too.

Also

On pvp servers like POT5 or JM there are almost always more sorc/sages than sent/maras logged in at 50. if you check those that are pvping there are usually more sages/sorcs than sent/maras.

It doesn't really matter what nerfs BW throws at them, mercs and bad sorcs are going to whine about maras until the end of time.

Like maras did at pre 1.2 ? ^^

Edited by tekhiun