Why I hate 70% of Sith Players

TriggerBlade

There is an entire guild that is infamous for that on a particular realm that shall go unnamed. They haven't done anything to them yet. Maybe people aren't complaining enough.

Complaints are meaningless unless they come from mutiple people. If I'm the only one complaining about the actions of another person or guild, then the chances are that I am the one with the issue and not the people I'm complaining about.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH, most the RP i see in cantina are twookers, c******s and pimps. Then the sith who like to sit around getting drunk. I see some odd crap and I chose to ignore it unless someone bothers me. It's like people became sith as an excuse for debauchery.

Given the nature of some Sith (not all, not by a long shot) that is a fairly valid excuse for rolling a Sith. I don't condone their actions, but of all the classes they COULD have picked, a Sith definitely suits their, ah... Tastes... better than any other. It sounds like you've rolled a character on what may possibly be the most sleazy and depraved server I have ever heard of. Progenitor doesn't seem to have anything like that.

It's a real shame some Sith are like that, but I and others out there are doing our darndest to restore the Sith's, uhm, good name? I mean, seriously, when is the last time you saw Sidious or Vader chilling in a bar, or hitting up the hoes? Robot Chicken/Eddie Izzard stand-up videos do NOT count! :rolleyes:

I haven't seen this behavior, but I don't RP or hang out in areas where people do. (though I am on an RP server) If I did RP though my Sith pureblood warrior and Sith pureblood inquisitor are both 100% LS (with the inquisitor still having that slave mentality and doing everything anyone tells him to) so I wouldn't be doing those things you mention. My twilek inquisitor is more rutheless/no nonsense and I can't see her acting in the silly and immature way you describe. Their actions sound annoying, but I don't see any reason to get that upset. If nothing else, you can troll them :D

Complaints are meaningless unless they come from mutiple people. If I'm the only one complaining about the actions of another person or guild, then the chances are that I am the one with the issue and not the people I'm complaining about.

Oh no, there are multiple people that complain about this guild. There are guilds that warn their people to steer clear of them if at all possible.

• 2 weeks later...

So I do play a Sith, and I have to agree that there are a lot of people who make things difficult. However, there are a couple of issues with the OP that I noticed.

Regarding the non-FS thing - that's Imperial culture. Do you have to bow to Sith and call them "my lord"? Yes, you do. That's protocol in the Empire. Hell, I play a Sith who's fairly light-side and a Revanite, and she still expects that level of respect. It's not about dominating others, it's about people seeing you as a leader and an important part of the Empire.

I've had bounty hunters come up to me and have a conversation, and when Latula (my Sith) gently reminds them that they should follow proper Imperial protocol when addressing Sith, have refused to do so. A different sort of Sith might have Force-choked him for that. It's considered having proper manners.

The Darth title - well, if a character is wearing it, you probably ought to respect his or her rank. Again, it's part of having manners in the Empire. If you don't like calling people "my lord" or having to RP yourself as ranking lower than a Sith, play Republic. It's part of Imperial culture.

I half-agree on the "Sith rules" stuff. If you have LS Jaesa she talks about meeting light Sith and how fearful they were about being found out. Latula is a light Sith and is so paranoid about being caught that she hired an agent to look out for her. It's very, very annoying and stupid to see some Sith walk up in a cantina and announce their light-sided philosophy to everyone. That being said, we do see plenty of examples of different types of Sith. Thanaton is the staunch traditionalist, Baras is the sneaky spymaster, Zash is a bookish liberal. There's many, many ways to be a Sith and they don't all involve rampantly Force-choking and murdering people. But they all do involve some degree of posturing because that's what being a Sith is all about.

So I do play a Sith, and I have to agree that there are a lot of people who make things difficult. However, there are a couple of issues with the OP that I noticed.

Regarding the non-FS thing - that's Imperial culture. Do you have to bow to Sith and call them "my lord"? Yes, you do. That's protocol in the Empire. Hell, I play a Sith who's fairly light-side and a Revanite, and she still expects that level of respect. It's not about dominating others, it's about people seeing you as a leader and an important part of the Empire.

I've had bounty hunters come up to me and have a conversation, and when Latula (my Sith) gently reminds them that they should follow proper Imperial protocol when addressing Sith, have refused to do so. A different sort of Sith might have Force-choked him for that. It's considered having proper manners.

The Darth title - well, if a character is wearing it, you probably ought to respect his or her rank. Again, it's part of having manners in the Empire. If you don't like calling people "my lord" or having to RP yourself as ranking lower than a Sith, play Republic. It's part of Imperial culture.

I half-agree on the "Sith rules" stuff. If you have LS Jaesa she talks about meeting light Sith and how fearful they were about being found out. Latula is a light Sith and is so paranoid about being caught that she hired an agent to look out for her. It's very, very annoying and stupid to see some Sith walk up in a cantina and announce their light-sided philosophy to everyone. That being said, we do see plenty of examples of different types of Sith. Thanaton is the staunch traditionalist, Baras is the sneaky spymaster, Zash is a bookish liberal. There's many, many ways to be a Sith and they don't all involve rampantly Force-choking and murdering people. But they all do involve some degree of posturing because that's what being a Sith is all about.

Well said. I'd be more than happy to show proper respect to Sith as long as they didn't try the all powerful crap or enslavement. Those type of people give rp a bad name.

People need to realize that this isn't a Star Wars movie or book. It's an MMO and must be played accordingly.

It's like playing City of Heroes and expecting everyone to treat you like you are Superman. Superman is only Super because he's the only one in the world. In an MMO based on superheroes, he's just one of thousands and any defference to him would need to be adjusted accordingly.

The same applies to Sith (and Jedi). The only way they can be played "by the book" is to ignore the fact that there are a dozen other Darths or Masters in the same cantina. The only logical alternatives are to either ignore 99% of the playerbase and play as the uber-Darth with your circle of friends, or to assume that since you are just one of many, that you are no longer uber.

Holy crap I thought this thread died.

Though there are some things I would like to address.

Some people ignored the TITLE and assumed I hate all Sith players. Such as "soulhunterby"

Some people have seemed to ignore parts of the post and assume I mean that Sith don't have the rite to be bossy. Such as "elliotcat" I actually agree with her post, but to clarify. The reason I have a issue with this is that people have demanded I show them respect as a human being in real life. OOCly they think they are a better player and RPer because of the title Darth. If I don't resppect them ICly they whisper me and tell me to respect them and get angry when I don't. I understand ICly, I fully understand, but since these people are all full of themselves OOCly I don't enjoy RPing with them so I don't. I understand you shouldn't get pissed off because of RP. I mean it's not worth it and it doesn't really affect their worth as a human being. Though when people are ******es OOCly I think I have the rite to not be happy about it.

Cosmickat is someone I like though but have to comment. The Empire can work perfectly fine. The Empire does it's stuff and the Dark council interferes only when the Sith need to. Yes there is corruption, but they are dealt with easily. People don't realize that Sith actually don't mess with the Empire often. We all gotta remember that the warriors and inquisitors are two single people in the story. Sith only interfere in Sith business. Like the dig on Tattooine. The inquisitor only interferes so he/she can get the relics at the beginning and the warrior acts like a Agent for Baras and not a big deal at the start. The Empire is a cold harsh and ruthless dictatorship. They get things done.

Though I do agree 100% with his/her last post about how since everyone is level 50 and has a Darth title, there is no uberness.

Finally to "AdoB" I did and edited everything I needed to edit in the OP, and I didn't reply because most of the things he questioned were answered even in the unedited angry OP or he took things out of his ***. He claimed I was blending IC and OOC. Of course I was and still do. I quote myself "70% of Sith >PLAYERS<" Though the IC reactions I got mad at were due to the ******eness and stupidity of the player. I can deal with difficult and dangerous IC situations, I know not to mix IC and OOC but to this level I get tired of it and just don't want to deal with them. When it gets sooooo bad that you have to throw and entire human being out of your life you know there's a problem.

Like a few times, I met a Mirialan Sith inquisitor. His RP was that he was 16 and the galaxy's most powerful Sith telepath, he was also a slave. He godmods, screams OOCly and stalks people in whispers saying he's using telepathy. The guy would spam non stop, no matter how many times you asked him OOCly not to. Another person is a player and half of this was told to me by like 20+ players that I respect, and to get people to know, most of them ARE sith. This player supposedly used a Sith ritual to make himself Immortal like the Emperor and godmods saying he's immortal, this I've heard of and seen this godmodding personally. He forces himself on women ICly and if they don't fully type it out with him he sets them on ignore and says that they are dead ICly. He also has hissy fits OOCly. He was grouping up with people for some RP. He was half way across the galaxy and was demanding one of his guild's officers meet up with him even though the officer came on time to the place and the player was late. He questioned him and the player removed him from the guild. Some members got sick of his OOC behavior so they left the guild. Because he is prone to hissy fits he has put a IC bounty on them because he was angered OOC. This guy obviously has a superiority complex. I'm trying to leave the guild, but he would just send people after me, even if I retconned all our RP to get rid of it.

I will not name names out of respect and not wanting everyone to hound them.

I hope this answers questions and clarifies some things.

Like a few times, I met a Mirialan Sith inquisitor. His RP was that he was 16 and the galaxy's most powerful Sith telepath, he was also a slave. He godmods, screams OOCly and stalks people in whispers saying he's using telepathy. The guy would spam non stop, no matter how many times you asked him OOCly not to. Another person is a player and half of this was told to me by like 20+ players that I respect, and to get people to know, most of them ARE sith. This player supposedly used a Sith ritual to make himself Immortal like the Emperor and godmods saying he's immortal, this I've heard of and seen this godmodding personally. He forces himself on women ICly and if they don't fully type it out with him he sets them on ignore and says that they are dead ICly. He also has hissy fits OOCly. He was grouping up with people for some RP. He was half way across the galaxy and was demanding one of his guild's officers meet up with him even though the officer came on time to the place and the player was late. He questioned him and the player removed him from the guild. Some members got sick of his OOC behavior so they left the guild. Because he is prone to hissy fits he has put a IC bounty on them because he was angered OOC. This guy obviously has a superiority complex. I'm trying to leave the guild, but he would just send people after me, even if I retconned all our RP to get rid of it.

I will not name names out of respect and not wanting everyone to hound them.

Because of the bolded part, I think he needs to be severely shamed publicly.

I was thinking of starting a Sith character actually, and RPing with him.

Have him be a kind, yet sarcastic guy who pursued the path of Sith in order to express himself freely without the rules and structure of the Jedi Order. Such as witty comments, romance, and the freedom of power.

Good idea? Bad idea? Would this sort of character be welcomed in the Sith RP environment?

EDIT: Basically, he wouldn't be a dick. Just witty and sarcastic, yet kind-natured when things get serious

Edited by lxShepardxl

I was thinking of starting a Sith character actually, and RPing with him.

Have him be a kind, yet sarcastic guy who pursued the path of Sith in order to express himself freely without the rules and structure of the Jedi Order. Such as witty comments, romance, and the freedom of power.

Good idea? Bad idea? Would this sort of character be welcomed in the Sith RP environment?

EDIT: Basically, he wouldn't be a dick. Just witty and sarcastic, yet kind-natured when things get serious

You would have to be a little careful with the sarcasm/wittiness, I think, because Sith are still expected to act a certain way in public and around other Sith. If you're able to blend that with the proper composure that Sith Lords are expected to have then I'd say go for it.

Also, I wouldn't play him as having chosen to be a Sith, because that's not something that happens. All Force-sensitive people in the Empire are forced to become Sith, no matter their origins. Nobody ever really gets a choice between being a Sith or a Jedi, it's whoever gets to you first.

Also, I wouldn't play him as having chosen to be a Sith, because that's not something that happens. All Force-sensitive people in the Empire are forced to become Sith, no matter their origins. Nobody ever really gets a choice between being a Sith or a Jedi, it's whoever gets to you first.

The Star Wars universe is a cartoony black hat/white hat universe that is best taken as a starting point for improvisation. When one takes it too seriously, its many and blatant lapses of logic become glaring.

There is no logical reason why a force user trained as Jedi couldn't quit the Jedi and become a Sith, a space pirate, or open a hotdog stand in the fleet. There is no Zeus to smite you for not using his gift of magic appropriately. When people can travel anywhere near instantly, there is limitless potential for storytelling and limitless potential for variety of characters. The George can place whatever restrictions he wants on his characters in his movies, but these are our characters in a universe we create.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to think of my Sith Warrior as an "Alright sort". He delights in carnage of the battlefield like the best of them sure, but he's also a scholar and academic, and a lover of baked confections. In fact, our Guild Leader has learned the best way to receive his obedience is to bribe him in cookies and cake.

As for [censored]hole Sith...I had one who outright jumped in IC, declaring that character level insinuated that he was more powerful than me, and not adhereing to him kicking my butt would be Bad RP...

I actually came onto the Fleet once, and he was surrounded by people giving him a firm talking to about his behavior. I laughed.

I have never, and will never understand players that act as though they should be known on site and recognized for their floating title or extensive medals. When I, in character, walk toward another player, in character, I do not see the title, name or achivements, I see what their is wearing, what their race is and so on, all visual ques. If I haven't spoken to them, in character, enough to know or remember their name in character then I act as such. In the game's FPs and OPs a lot of the top tier Darth whatevers and General whatevers do not stand out any more then a player. They make themselves known by saying who they are and expect respect based on that. If I am playing an Agent and I see a Sith Pureblood I will bow, cos that is custom, I will My Lord them, same reason, I will not call them Darth Twinkletoes cos I can see their name unless they tell me their rank and name in character. Otherwise they are just another random Pureblood or person in a cape, dress, or uniform to walk by and not care about at all.

For example:

Announcement: I am a professional artist and I draw comics.

I go to a comic store every Friday to play "nerd" board games (Archam Horror, Last Night on Earth, Munchkin, Flux, more...) and I do not expect the people there to know what I do or who I am, I do not extect them to give me more attention based on my "nerd credentials". I am just another someone playing a game with them and unless I make some announcement how are they to know who I am or what I do? There isn't a floating title and I'm not wearing a sign.

Same goes for Role Playing, how is my character supposed to know you're the next in line for the Emperor's chair or that you're the most dangerous Smuggler in the galaxy if I do not either hear about your deeds from other players, or you tell me so? From that announcement my character may also believe or not believe your character based on how you conduct yourself from then on.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious to know what server the OP is on. I saw that rarely on Lord Adraas and The Ebon Hawk, but the key is to stay away from cantinas. The Fleet cantinas are Eisley 2.0. Otherwise, I generally agree with the OP.

Also, racism doesn't exist in the Star Wars Universe. Speciesism, however, does. Also, the word the OP is looking for is Canon.

Edited by JekRendar

I've met very few good, as in quality, Sith players. Very good bounty hunters and Imperial Agents. Very bad Sith players. It's one of the reason I have a low opinion of Imperial RP. And the good ones that were their left the game sadly. Now this is across two servers also.

Now, when the Sith player actually works WITH the other players on the server and earns the respect OOC for the community. They are often held in very high regards. But just coming into an area and saying "I are Darth Daevel and you will all serve me." Does not go over very well.

Edited by NastyButler

On the respect all Sith bit, I'm going to note on an IC level a Sith, even a lowly apprentice, has every right to expect you to treat him with respect within the empire. this is the SITH EMPIRE. the Sith rule. you might not like sith, but from an IC POV you should show a degree of respect. the empire is not a land of equals after all.

that said, Sith roleplayers need to reckongize this, and not abuse this.

Huh, I thought I responded to this thread, but sifting through, I wasn't able to find my post, so I'll repeat what I intended to say:

I can definitely see where the OP is coming from, but I'd like to present the flip side of the argument.

As an Sith RP'er, I come across an inordinate amount of characters, saying TO THE FACE OF A SITH, that they do not care what the Sith have to say, that the Sith are stupid, etc. Now, it is perfectly valid for a character, or even a player, to have these opinions, and to share them with close, like-minded people. But the sheer number of characters who will brazenly insult the Force users with the reputation of being the most violent and unforgiving people in the Galaxy to their face --- then refuse to acknowledge that this would come with consequences --- drives me up a wall.

That said, there are faults on both sides, but when the proper balance is achieved on both sides, the RP runs great.

Edited by Darth_Vicente
After thought

Huh, I thought I responded to this thread, but sifting through, I wasn't able to find my post, so I'll repeat what I intended to say:

I can definitely see where the OP is coming from, but I'd like to present the flip side of the argument.

As an Sith RP'er, I come across an inordinate amount of characters, saying TO THE FACE OF A SITH, that they do not care what the Sith have to say, that the Sith are stupid, etc. Now, it is perfectly valid for a character, or even a player, to have these opinions, and to share them with close, like-minded people. But the sheer number of characters who will brazenly insult the Force users with the reputation of being the most violent and unforgiving people in the Galaxy to their face --- then refuse to acknowledge that this would come with consequences --- drives me up a wall.

That said, there are faults on both sides, but when the proper balance is achieved on both sides, the RP runs great.

The lore of the Sith does not work in any real world, even a game one. It's silly and cartoonish and doesn't stand up to logic.

Any organization that thrives on promotion by murder will consume itself rapidly. Darth Bob kills Darth Jane, now Darth Bob is weak, so Darth Suzy kills him, and so on and so on... It can only exist in a short-form medium such as a movie or tv show. The alternate-reality Evil Star Trek universe has the same issue. It just does not work on any logical level in a continuing medium like RP in a persitent game world. To play it in an ongoing world, it has to be played differently from the lore or it will fall apart.

Here is a universal tip for great RP.

The more someone gives you in RP the more you give them. - That is if they give you some hits in a spar, make sure to keep it interesting and rp giving them an advantage too, so the the scene, thread, chat or whatever plays out with some tension and intensity. If they stumble so you can hear them coming, play out them having an advantage later etc.

If they seem overpowered, god mod, bunny whatever you want to call it. Don't give them very much at all, they can be drunk, mad, delusional in your character's eyes and the scene can STILL be fun. I have had a blast holding character with people all in caps, or breaking OOC - IC before, just depends if you can roll with it.

Imperials have hated aliens for as long as i can remember, if I RP an imperial human agent you can be that isn't going to change. Are there other ways of playing an imperial agent you bet, just not how I RP them. As for Sith its my experience Rawr Smash gets old very fast in rp boards or communities, and the writer or player burns out. You need a lot more too them to keep them interesting for the rp'er and others.

Edited by Taareth