best companion for dps

oakamp

Ashara.

She's no different from any other melee DPS companion in the game.

I think OP means best companion FOR dps spec.

Which would be xalek or khem. Lightning with a lot of cast especially, to prevent any cast pushback.

Between the two, I prefer xalek superior defense to khem's better armor.

But thats just me, no calculation made to which really is best.

I used andronikos pretty well the whole way while leveling. Was convenient usually that he'd stand near me. Also he has fairly good aoe which is nice for leveling, and you get him earlier.

Ashara does however do a fair bit more dps, tested on a dummy, even with a fair bit less gear. (Was like 650 on andronikos in roughly columi, and 700-750 on ashara in less than tionese. Use her stance that puts a dot on the target, its much better.

Tank companions are largely worthless IMO, and boring to level with, especially khem. At least xalek gets to the target fast, though he dies faster. And you shouldn't need healer comp on the sorc. Bubble before pulls helps a lot, even as DPS.

Khem Val - Good tank, not a horrible choice for dps

Andronikas (however you spell his name) best damaging companion, best choice imo

Ashara- Bad damage, annoying and dies easily, worst option

Xalek- Okay tank, still doens't benefit from sheild rating, you get him late in the game but is decent if you just want to put your old gear on him

Talos - Decent healer companion, same as any other and a good option

Go with Andronikas or Talos. Khem val isn't bad either but avoid the others

Khem Val - Good tank, not a horrible choice for dps

Andronikas (however you spell his name) best damaging companion, best choice imo

Ashara- Bad damage, annoying and dies easily, worst option

Xalek- Okay tank, still doens't benefit from sheild rating, you get him late in the game but is decent if you just want to put your old gear on him

Talos - Decent healer companion, same as any other and a good option

Go with Andronikas or Talos. Khem val isn't bad either but avoid the others

Xalek's shield rating works, at least for me it does.

As far as Ashara vs andronikos, they have roughly the same survivability, thing is if adronikos pulls a melee, he's most likely not going to be hit right away, since the mob will walk to him, while ashara gets loving right away.

As far as damage goes, andronikos burst more, but seems to have less single target dps.

But I think you might want at least to double check your statement about xalek's shield rating. I'm actively using him with my sorc, and there is no way he can take such a beating without his shield rating.

Seem to be some errors in what people are saying here. The best companion for a DPS Sorc is hands down Talos, you can do more with a healer companion than you ever can with a second DPS; Talos is what you should normally be running with. If you're looking to solo Heroics then why you would be trying to use another DPS companion is beyond me. You need a tank or healer, so either Talos or Khem Val are the only options you should be looking at (yes Khem Val is a superior tank than Xalek).

As for the best DPS companion, it's KH-51; and yes he is far better than anyone else. Of course if you can't get him because you are F2P then I would almost suggest spending the money to unlock him; otherwise there is no best between the regulars. I would venture to say ranged DPS is probably better for the Sorc though.

Seem to be some errors in what people are saying here. The best companion for a DPS Sorc is hands down Talos, you can do more with a healer companion than you ever can with a second DPS; Talos is what you should normally be running with. If you're looking to solo Heroics then why you would be trying to use another DPS companion is beyond me. You need a tank or healer, so either Talos or Khem Val are the only options you should be looking at (yes Khem Val is a superior tank than Xalek).

As for the best DPS companion, it's KH-51; and yes he is far better than anyone else. Of course if you can't get him because you are F2P then I would almost suggest spending the money to unlock him; otherwise there is no best between the regulars. I would venture to say ranged DPS is probably better for the Sorc though.

Talos works well in heroic, even with sorc (was kinda surprised) but for trash pulls you are better off with a tank. Your shield will more than hold the time needed to kill them, and sorc works better when not under pressure obviously.

Xalek vs khem seems comparable btw. Khem has more armor, xalek has better defense. Xalek however holds threat better, or at least seems too.

At any rate, he is easier to gear up since I have a sintank that just send his leftover through legacy gear :)

my other toons use dps companion,

but i think ashara is not that good,

who is the best companion to help u solo daily H2+ for a dps spec?

I work this with ashara no problem at all but with the right gear players and companions are all different animals to be fair.....she wears quite a bit of BH and min columi with some rakata so....well, sh'es the love of my life :)

If you cannai treat the one you love.....just pick who you find most pleasing to the eye, her or khem?

Honestly I just say Khem is better because of how messed up Xalek used to be, way past experience really. So I ended up just using Khem and constantly getting him raid gear. These days they probably are closer together. All though I think of it this way.... Xalek is an avoidance tank like the assassin, and personally think avoidance tanks work better on the player than companion because they'll have skills and such that affect their tank ability more; companion tank should be able to take a lot of hits and having higher armor rating/shield/absorb works a bit better than more defense. If I had them geared out the same I'd test this, Xalek is a funner tank I'll say that.