Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7

EricMusco

Because that sentence is IN EVERY SINGLE PATCH NOTE POST. At this point it is meaningless, especially when the overwhelming majority of patches have gone to live with ZERO changes to the notes that first went to PTS.

I'm sorry you feel this way but you need to settle down until you can actually see the patch notes. Otherwise this isn't everything until then.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remained confused that Bioware can't separate PVP nerfs from the PVE experience. Seems like whatever "fixes" they do for the PVP complainers routinely impacts the PVE stuff.

Is there no way to just create separate skill abilities for separate parts of the game? Or....too much work?

2.6 was the last time

Don't think there was a new balancing change in 2.6 that wasn't in the initial patch notes. The last time I remember them introducing a completely new balancing change after the initial patch notes were up was in 1.5 when needlessly nerfed watchman, when the change wasn't even on the PTS.

Hope they fix the double proc mainstat relic on heals and damage so we can see what some classes dps is actually suppose to be at.

One thing I would like to see even though I hate the class in general would be madness/balance changes for assassins/shadows the spec really hasn't gotten anything since 2.0 not to mention its boring as ever. As for no changes to trooper/bounty hunter ...I'm not shocked. who knows tho they may put them out tomorrow:eek:....

It makes plenty sense.

This isn't everything... I don't see how all you people seem to overlook this.

Your reply made no sense to me at all. I'm glad you got it.

And your suggestion that we sit back and wait is foolish. There is NO planned change for Merc/Mando and you're not stupid enough to actually think there is.

Because that sentence is IN EVERY SINGLE PATCH NOTE POST. At this point it is meaningless, especially when the overwhelming majority of patches have gone to live with ZERO changes to the notes that first went to PTS.

Relax, you're arguing with the guy who thinks RNG proc relics require skill.

I remained confused that Bioware can't separate PVP nerfs from the PVE experience. Seems like whatever "fixes" they do for the PVP complainers routinely impacts the PVE stuff.

Is there no way to just create separate skill abilities for separate parts of the game? Or....too much work?

You've got it backwards my good sir/madam: PvE balancing has historically been more detrimental to PvP, not the other way around. Also, the nerf-smash-into-the-ground change shows that they can make abilities/talent works differently in PvP and PvE, which is a good thing.

Also, I would just like to say that I think it's funny that while most of the changes listed are good....... the 2 most underpowered specs in the game, madness assassin and annihilation marauder, have not been touched. If Reno replies that "THIS IS NOT THE COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF CHANGES": you willing to bet on that?

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Stop arguing over semantics. Let them say their piece. They have a good point when it comes to whether more changes do indeed get added. Based off what Eric posted so far they have every reason to state their view. Let's keep the thread focused on the actual changes which by the way I love! :rak_03:

I remeber that before patch 2.5 similiar threads had been created for the same purpose.

If I recall it right, in the end the changes made in patch 2.5 were exactly the same that of introduced by the combat team, regardless the fact that each thread had been full of great ideas and better solutions for a given problem.

Why exactly should we bother to do the brainstorming again if it is likely all our efforts will have been in vain?

You don't know that, yet. This is what we call being paranoid.

I know what I'm told. You're being silly thinking there's some secret change coming that they didn't want to unveil. It's not being "paranoid", it's not being foolish.

Heh. I think it is a good plan by BW. Go ahead and throw some wood out there to let the QQ fire begin. In a few weeks, throw more out there with the rest of the changes. So don't worry if you don't see your class changes yet because you will soon enough.

"We didn't start the fire. It was always burning since the world's been turning."

Sorc Changes: Happy happy happy. I love Lightning and most of these changes look good to me.

Sniper Changes: Defensive improvements, mostly good for PVP, I guess. I won't complain about the buff, though.

Operative Changes: Again, nothing but happiness.

Marauder Changes: Smashmonkeys are going to RAGE.

all in all, no complaints from me.

For those saying, stay optimistic for more changes that they could announce.

They have been saying since patch 2.0 that they would add in a numeric 1-100 UI ammo counter for commandos (which was over looked when they changed the ammo resource to match how heat worked). Whenever it is bought up, the response we get is, yeah that would be easy to do, it will be in an upcoming patch.

And now almost 1 year later, guess what still hasn't been added to the game. This is something that has nothing to do with class balance and is 100% a QoL issue. And yet they still can't find the time to add it in. It just continues to show how little they think of the class and don't care about it at all.

Edited by Flying-Brian

Don't think there was a new balancing change in 2.6 that wasn't in the initial patch notes. The last time I remember them introducing a completely new balancing change after the initial patch notes were up was in 1.5 when needlessly nerfed watchman, when the change wasn't even on the PTS.

Rampage/Zen Strike fix