I just finished the BH story and i'm impressed.

squallleon

So, i finished the BH story to complete my 8/8 and get the gold icon but i am also positively surprised with the story.

i have played the BH story with a male and balanced choices.

i had this idea that the BH would be the less trained of the non-force users, since he was a common thug that became a hunter.

The trooper is a member of havoc, agent is a highly trained spy and the smuggler is a master of talk out situations. But my BH seemed not only resourceful and collected, but a great strategist as well. No only that, the BH have the highest kill count of force users for the non-force classes.

For me it was:

6 jedi masters (including the mandalorian killer and the battlemaster)

1 jedi knight

1 padawan

1 Darth sith lord

I don't remeber the other non-force users have killed this many. (i'am comparing only the story chapters 1-3, not regular mobs in the world)

Also its the first time i enjoyed most of the crew members (aside skade). Mako its definitively my favorite wife companion with blizz winning the most cute companion ever.

I can definitively see the BH now in the context of Kotfe story.

The trooper is a member of havoc, agent is a highly trained spy and the smuggler is a master of talk out situations. But my BH seemed not only resourceful and collected, but a great strategist as well.

Agreed, the BH isn't just some street thug with a pair of blasters and some tricks, he's actually a highly-trained warrior who would surely be on the short list for possible service in Havoc Squad if he was Republic. The guy knows about all sorts of weapons, has some very thorough insight into squad-level tactics (and larger) and is also at home with many shadier parts of getting the job done. This isn't some random punk with a gun who just walked in and asked to get on the Great Hunt. Too bad we don't get to hear more about where he's been trained.

Agreed, the BH isn't just some street thug with a pair of blasters and some tricks, he's actually a highly-trained warrior who would surely be on the short list for possible service in Havoc Squad if he was Republic.

I agree with this as well. My problem with the BH story was the story not the character.

Chapter 1 was great, you are bounty hunter in a contest for bounty hunters...you are bounty hunting. Chapter 2 you are still bounty hunting, but now you are hunting high priority targets...you've made a name for yourself. Chapter 3 and beyond...ugh. For all intents and purposes you become an imperial trooper. Because the Empire saved your life, you are forever beholden to them.:(

And I feel the same way about the smuggler story for the same reasons.

The smuggler story is very much in line with what Han Solo goes through: starts out in it for the money, and then his conscience kicks in.

At least with the Republic Trooper story, you know what you are: a soldier in a special operations squad; you go where your leaders send you and you complete the missions the way you feel is best. And if you go into the character with that in mind, the trooper story is actually quite good. When I play a bounty hunter, I want to hunt bounties. When I play a smuggler, I want to smuggle stuff to make money.

I agree with this as well. My problem with the BH story was the story not the character.

Chapter 1 was great, you are bounty hunter in a contest for bounty hunters...you are bounty hunting. Chapter 2 you are still bounty hunting, but now you are hunting high priority targets...you've made a name for yourself. Chapter 3 and beyond...ugh. For all intents and purposes you become an imperial trooper. Because the Empire saved your life, you are forever beholden to them.:(

And I feel the same way about the smuggler story for the same reasons.

The smuggler story is very much in line with what Han Solo goes through: starts out in it for the money, and then his conscience kicks in.

At least with the Republic Trooper story, you know what you are: a soldier in a special operations squad; you go where your leaders send you and you complete the missions the way you feel is best. And if you go into the character with that in mind, the trooper story is actually quite good. When I play a bounty hunter, I want to hunt bounties. When I play a smuggler, I want to smuggle stuff to make money.

Go play a DS smuggler, conscience doesn't enter into it one bit.

Still get forced into being a Republic lap dog. Why I think that there should of been a 3rd neutral faction and the BH and Smuggler should of been in that faction along with 2 force using disciplines. Zieson Sha and Jal Shey or Matukai Adept.

Replace the Smuggler with say a republic senator story. Basically go into the story as an aide, get caught up in helping the republic and go onto become a Senator in your own right, much like Leia/Padme.

Replace BH with an Imperial Guardsman story. Start out as an Imperial trooper, work your way into the imperial guard.

would of been way better if you ask me.

Still get forced into being a Republic lap dog. Why I think that there should of been a 3rd neutral faction and the BH and Smuggler should of been in that faction along with 2 force using disciplines. Zieson Sha and Jal Shey or Matukai Adept.

Replace the Smuggler with say a republic senator story. Basically go into the story as an aide, get caught up in helping the republic and go onto become a Senator in your own right, much like Leia/Padme.

Replace BH with an Imperial Guardsman story. Start out as an Imperial trooper, work your way into the imperial guard.

Considering you benefit far more than the Republic does if you go DS, I'm not sure the smuggler being the lap dog in that relationship is quite accurate.

This I like....

Act 1 I love.

Act 2 feels like something is missing, but pretty ok.

Act 3 was just kind of boring. Not bad, just kinda of a "meh" thing going on until the tail end.

Act 2 is missing a personnal reason to actually do it. See it this way: Act 1 has Tarro and Act 3 has Tormen / Jun. A very developed set of characters you learn to hate. Act 2 has...? It's perfectly pointless. An exposition if you will. As for me, the BH story is...passable. The BH himself though...now that's something else! Which is a bad way to do a story because at first people will be awesome struck with story, then realise they were AS with the main character, not the story and they will finally relocate that character somewhere else(not necessarily in the same IP). Also I'd have liked if actual Bounty Hunting was handled like on Belsavis: High Risk / High Reward / completely optional and make the entire story more personnal. Currently it's kinda...hollow to me.

Also, about the whole Smuggler hullaballoo: They could've avoided that if they stuck to THEIR NOMENCLATURE. Look, Mission Vao / Atton Rand etc weren't Smugglers, they were Scoundrels. Just as Han, Lando and your own character is. The name Smuggler actually fits better with the Advanced Class currently known as "Scoundrel"-hell it even has a move named SMUGGLE! (not to mention passives named like "Smuggled med delivery" etc).

Considering you benefit far more than the Republic does if you go DS, I'm not sure the smuggler being the lap dog in that relationship is quite accurate.

Sure you end up building a criminal empire, but up till the emd, still doing the bidding of the Republic. Kinda a lap dog if you ask me.

I've done the smuggler story twice: first time I played it neutral, second time mostly DS and it did not change my opinion. Like TalonVII said, I still felt like I was the Republic's lap dog.

Act 2 is missing a personnal reason to actually do it. See it this way: Act 1 has Tarro and Act 3 has Tormen / Jun. A very developed set of characters you learn to hate. Act 2 has...? It's perfectly pointless. An exposition if you will.

Yeah, that makes sense. I wasn't remembering the details well, but it sounds about right. I guess what it comes down to is, Act 2 is more a prelude to Act 3 than an Act of its own. For this particular story that is.

The BH story was great we killed so many jedi and some sith probably do you all know that besides Grevious he is the best jedi killer that is not a force user in Star Wars legends universe.

Damn Grevious what do you have to be so great and kill hundreds of jedi damn Grevious.

But yes the first 2 acts where awesome as well you where a bounty hunter and you where awesome. You know what the reason for me was in act 2 well money and prestige that was a good motivation you just need a little immersion.

The BH story was great we killed so many jedi and some sith probably do you all know that besides Grevious he is the best jedi killer that is not a force user in Star Wars legends universe.

Damn Grevious what do you have to be so great and kill hundreds of jedi damn Grevious.

But yes the first 2 acts where awesome as well you where a bounty hunter and you where awesome. You know what the reason for me was in act 2 well money and prestige that was a good motivation you just need a little immersion.

Whether you see it in retrospective after finishing act 1(very nicely done act if I do say so myself) or after finishing the story...yes, the money isn't as good as motivator as it might seem. Now, power, prestige and that kind of thing? Yeah, but it still is boring-ish even that way.

But as has been said, it's an intermezzo act or a prelude to act 3. You could've been sitting and twiddling your thumbs, got called to NS and it would've ended exactly as it did with you going places. Because it's pointless apart from the NS part at the very end.