Kolto Overload needs an immediate nerf!!!

UGLYMRJ

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly the solution is to nerf operatives.

And I'm pretty sure my tankassin's force cloak is 80% useless. Almost every time I pop it, someone's delayed ability (saber throw, almost always saber throw) goes off and turns it off on me as I'm trying to heal.

Edited by Prettyevilish

I see your Kolto Overload

And raise you with sage/sorc autoattack.

If you mean the default attack... I think you're under estimating the laughs had when finishing someone off with it. Any time I own someone bad I try to finish em off with it just to troll. :D

If you mean the default attack... I think you're under estimating the laughs had when finishing someone off with it. Any time I own someone bad I try to finish em off with it just to troll. :D

I don't even have it on my quickbar. All the strength I'm stacking is going to waste I guess.

Bravo.

That was hilarious. I think the scoundrel AoE cone (blaster volley) may be more worthless. This thread is especially hilarious because just today I was dueling a PT, and I died, and he had his heal thing on, and my dots finished him off anyway.

Was gonna say Carbine Burst --- same difference.

Maybe if it didn't cost a tactical advantage...

Was gonna say Carbine Burst --- same difference.

Maybe if it didn't cost a tactical advantage...

What else are you going to use when you need to deal aoe damage? And as far as healer op's go, it's their only TA damage dumb to begin with, so I wouldn't count this among the most useless abilities in the game.

Hilarity effect counts for something yeah. At least kolto overload can nullify a weak DoT effect or something ;)

I think you're looking at the ability wrong. Comparing it to Saber Ward, it's lousy. Compared to Rebuke, same. So why am I still using it all the time? Because it's basically a 15% health increase if used right. It won't help you to survive under pressure, but it's still nice to have.

It's more a "give me an edge" button than an invincibility button.

Still, I'll agree that the 3minute cooldown makes it seems like the devs... overestimated... it somewhat.

And it's true that BH's (arguably along with Sages, though not in my opinion) have the least potent defensive cooldowns. And while PT's don't need it, seeing as they're pretty powerful as they are, as well as having the most potent offensive cooldown in the game to make up for it, it is a bit sad for Mercs.

EDIT: and yeah, why doesn't it count as healing on the scoreboard? That shiat don't make sense. :D

Edited by Diplomaticus

I don't see it being useful enough to spec into with a jug tank tree and the only other use could be for ataru form procs but it's really easy to get the proc that comes with consecutive hits already.

I haven't had it key bound for quite some time.

I like it, as it bypasses defenses and doesn't respect the global cooldown. I use it playing any spec as juggernaut and as carnage marauder. You're being laaaazy!

I'm assuming not in that order?

It's interesting to see other peoples perspectives on the same class but I have a hard time seeing the benefit of retaliation > massacre.

Once again I'm derailing my own thread but I just don't see the benefit of the rage dump for a smaller hit. I'd love to get schooled 10 months into the game. Especially if you're telling me I can do even more damage. ;)

It's not on the GCD. It also can't miss, perfect for saber ward.

Edited by Ryvirath

every time a pt is near death they pop kolto overload and it's like god mode. They just can't be killed.

The huge burst of healing accompanied by the hot heals for like 12 seconds? Are you kidding me? How did they even consider putting this in game? On top of pt's damage they've been given a pure god mode every minute and a half or so. Clearly kolto overload is the reason that there are so many fotm pt's... It simply can't be stopped or countered.

Gg bioware.

No... Just kidding.

I'm bored at work and thought i'd make fun of the most useless ability in the game.

Can anyone think of an ability more useless than kolto overload?

Retaliation?

Unload?

kolto infusing must uless thing ever!

If somebody is capping CW behind the terminal, its the only way to interrupt him if you are far away

That and I use it all the time if someone gets LOS blocked on me. It tricks them into thinking they don't most of the time and will get them to move rather than me.

Edited by Technohic

Can anyone think of an ability more useless than Kolto Overload?

Whirling Blow ? It costs an arm (40 of 100 Force), has low radius of effect, and isn't even able to be reach Saber Strike's damage (Basic-free-attack).

Or maybe, the temporary health of Guardians & Juggernauts... I'll give you 30% life tax-less (meaning you'll receive around 23%), and then, give me back my 30% health tax-included.

This heal has been provided to you by the Jawa's Galactic Funds

Edited by Altheran

I LOVE doing this! Feeling blue? Need a good laugh? Kill someone with my Sorc's saber and I laugh for a good 5 minutes. As worthless abilities go, how about the saber attack that requires force to use?

On a side note, when my guild first beat EC HM, our sorc and merc healers killed Kephess with their auto-attacks. =]

Whirling Blow ? It costs an arm (40 of 100 Force), has low radius of effect, and isn't even able to be reach Saber Strike's damage (Basic-free-attack).

^ Hahaha yeah as a DPS assassin my first thought was the Imperial version "Lacerate"...

Lacerate

Instant

Force: 40

Deals 459 - 526 weapon damage to up to 5 nearby targets.

utterly underwhelming.

Adrenaline Rush/Kolto Overload isn't so bad if you're a healer with good protection. I can pop it and concentrate on healing the team instead of myself. I also use it in conjunction with Trauma Probe/Kolto Shell(?) and Reactive Shield when I get stuck solo guarding a node on my Commando Healer for some reason. Which actually happens pretty often, I have no idea why you would leave a Commando alone never mind a Commando healer.

It's also super useful in PvE as I usually take way less damage than everyone else anyway so using it to heal myself while concentrating on the raid is helpful.

That being said Explosive Shot has got to be one of the most useless abilities in the game. It takes a full third of my ammo for like 800 damage.

That being said Explosive Shot has got to be one of the most useless abilities in the game. It takes a full third of my ammo for like 800 damage.

I'd like to have a confirmation about it, because I don't recall the name, but it's the ability that you have at level 1 and that use ammo, right ? If yes, I agree that is it's pretty useless... especially the AoE damage that is just LoL damage (take dat crazey 300 crit damage !)

EDIT : I did some researsh, what i told is named Explosive Round, and nothing is called Explosive Shot.

Edited by Altheran