Which class is the "best healer" for pve?

renegadeimp

Hello all. So after getting my tank to a decentley high level, i'm considering taking a break while my friend catches up, and levelling an alt with intentions of being a healer at endgame.

Does anyone have any experience or words of wisdom on different healing classes?

I should note, i primarily play sith characters.

Sage/Sorcerer are apparently most complete as of now. But again, that is as of now.

They will all be better than others at one point, they will all have their moment of being the 'best' healer at some point in this game's lifespan but they will all be viable and capable healers.

I don't regret a second of picking a Combat Medic (Trooper) and am doing more than fine.

Just pick the healer you think you'd like best, not the healer that is best right now. They will all be viable healers.

Hello all. So after getting my tank to a decently high level, i'm considering taking a break while my friend catches up, and leveling an alt with intentions of being a healer at endgame.

Does anyone have any experience or words of wisdom on different healing classes?

I've found that I am a more effective healer as an operative than I am as a sorcerer. I've not tried healing as a mercenary.

Inquisitor is the best healer due to having way more resources than the other healers, as force regenerates much faster than ammo.

This statement is the most false statement I have seen all day long.

Force is BY FAR the slowest stat to regen in the game, if you run out of Force you may as well just /quit because you wont be getting that force back anytime soon.

My friend that I play with has played our main raid healer for every MMO since 1999 EQ and He has played a Sorcerer, Operative, and now a Commando being a main healer for all 3.

From watching him play and what he says the Commando is far and above the better healer of the 3, followed by the Operative, and then way down at the bottom was the Sorc.

At 50, yes Sorcs get better, but their mana issues are much more problematic than those of Commandos/Scoundrels

• 4 weeks later...
Force is BY FAR the slowest stat to regen in the game, if you run out of Force you may as well just /quit because you wont be getting that force back anytime soon.

You forgot to mention that you were bad at every MMO since '99, sorcerers have quite a bit of regen, maybe you didn't figure out how...

I play either corruption/madness and consumption/sith efficacy = UNLIMITED POWA

My friend that I play with has played our main raid healer for every MMO since 1999 EQ and He has played a Sorcerer, Operative, and now a Commando being a main healer for all 3.

From watching him play and what he says the Commando is far and above the better healer of the 3, followed by the Operative, and then way down at the bottom was the Sorc.

At 50, yes Sorcs get better, but their mana issues are much more problematic than those of Commandos/Scoundrels

My sage never runs out of force because I can kill myself to regen force...

My Scoundrel never runs out of energy because I rotate my energy based heals with my free heals so my energy level never drops below 60%. If I started spamming big heals I would be out of energy in 8 seconds and then i'd be screwed.

I think it's something like...

Sage has the best single target burst

Smuggler has better steady long term healing with proper energy management

Trooper has best aoe

They're all very comparable though. Just play what you like. In this game, skill > gear > class, tbh.

When you get enough crit you will NEVER run out of force. The sorc is by far the best healer in the game currently, followed by BH and OP.

To the OP, if you like sith then you cannot go wrong creating a sorc, it's the strongest for PvE and PvP at the moment, and even if the others are buffed to bring them in line you will still be as good (and probably when you look at the talents/trees - prob still a little better).

Sorceres can use "life tap". Change life for force.

They are more or less equal, the difference lies in personal skills and preferences.

no

op is a great tank healer as is merc, but that's it. aoe healing they suffer at

numbers - i have a 50 scoundrel sawbones with 2pc champion (+15% to kolto cloud) and +450 healing, and a fresh 50 sage seer with no gear and +372 healing

kolto cloud - ticks for around 400 every 2-3 seconds, crits for under 1k, lasts 15 seconds. 4 target limit, costs 30 out of 90 energy putting the scoundrel 10 energy above lowerin their energy regen rate ie. can cast nothing else for a second or two

salvation - initial heal for 650, ticks for 300 every second for 10 seconds. unlimited targets. costs 60 force out of 600 after a rejuve.

do the math

on a single target a scoundrel/op will out heal anyone as they can roll hots and infinetly do underworld medicine > emergency medpack. but mor ethan one person taking damage that requires more than keeping a stack of slow release on them to keep htem alive is where a scoundrel/op starts to suffer

sage/sorc? just drop rejuve then salvation and chill while your force regens. herpa-derp especially republic side wehre melee dps outnumber ranged dps

Edited by Corran

sage/sorc is the most basic

commando/mercenary is better if you can manage ammo/heat

scoundrels/operatives are the slowest, but energy is easy to manage, and have the survivability of commandos/mercenaries if you know what you're doing

I think it's something like...

Sage has the best single target burst

Smuggler has better steady long term healing with proper energy management

Trooper has best aoe

They're all very comparable though. Just play what you like. In this game, skill > gear > class, tbh.

trooper the best aoe?give me your herb plz.

trooper aoe heal for 2k to 3 people when sage aoe heal to unlimited people by 550x10=5500

maths are easy

sage has the best single,aoe heal and preentive heals.

smuggler has better hot

trooper has nothing

Edited by prochuvi

Which is best? Probably the sorc/sage as of right now, with scoundrel/operative in a close second. But it's worth noting that classes will fluctuate in power, and so it's a bad idea to roll a class based on what is best right now. You should really pick the one whose style or theme appeals to you most. Thankfully, if you've ever played WoW, the healing classes in this game feel very similar to ones from that game.

The sorcerer/sage, and I can attest to this from personal experience, feels almost identicle to a priest in WoW. It's not a direct translation, of course, but having played a healer priest in WoW and a healer sage in TOR, I can honestly tell you I feel like I'm playing the same class sometimes.

The scoundrel/operative, again from personal experience, feels very similar to a holy paladin. Once again, the translation isn't perfect, and the scoundrel actually has more tools than the paladin does. I will note, however, that it is more like the holy paladin of Cataclysm, rather than the one from vanilla-WotLK.

Finally, the commando/mercenary is the one I have the least experience with. However, I do have a friend who mained a restoration shaman in WoW, and then rolled a commando healer in TOR. He feels similar to how I felt with the sage/priest comparison, and says that commando heals very similarly to the shaman.

OP, as someone who has gotten the Operative AND the Sorcerer to level 50, I have experienced end-game pre and post release healing content. The operative would be my choice by far. If you would like full in-depth clarity, feel free to message me.

There you go, you just solved your own problem by stating the most important rule of all: play what you like!

So unless you're able to create a sith bounty hunter or operative, I'm guessing the inquisitor would fit you best. Every, and I mean EVERY class can perform a certain role at endgame.

This thread is completely pointless without some end game input from raid leaders and healers. Any healer will do for PvP and Flashpoints but the game doesn't push a group to it's limits unless it's a raid.

On the republic side who is better between a medic and a sawbone (scound healer) in a raid is debatable. What is not debatable is that the raid absolutely need a Sage. Only a Sage have the raw healing output to overcome the boss AoE and brust damage. A sawbone sure as hell isn't going to top a group up.

Edited by Kexin

I've found that my Jedi Sage rocks for healing. He can heal for long amounts of time versus my Merc. I can heal pretty good as a Mercenary but not for long durations. Heat builds up fast and goes away slow were as with the Sage I can pretty much heal indefinitely as long there is a solid tank.

It does depend on style but I would say if you want to focus on healing go the consular/inquisitor route.

no

op is a great tank healer as is merc, but that's it. aoe healing they suffer at

numbers - i have a 50 scoundrel sawbones with 2pc champion (+15% to kolto cloud) and +450 healing, and a fresh 50 sage seer with no gear and +372 healing

kolto cloud - ticks for around 400 every 2-3 seconds, crits for under 1k, lasts 15 seconds. 4 target limit, costs 30 out of 90 energy putting the scoundrel 10 energy above lowerin their energy regen rate ie. can cast nothing else for a second or two

salvation - initial heal for 650, ticks for 300 every second for 10 seconds. unlimited targets. costs 60 force out of 600 after a rejuve.

do the math

on a single target a scoundrel/op will out heal anyone as they can roll hots and infinetly do underworld medicine > emergency medpack. but mor ethan one person taking damage that requires more than keeping a stack of slow release on them to keep htem alive is where a scoundrel/op starts to suffer

sage/sorc? just drop rejuve then salvation and chill while your force regens. herpa-derp especially republic side wehre melee dps outnumber ranged dps

As far as raiding goes, for the empire the operative is far preferred as the healer. In case anyone does not know, the aoe heal that sorcs and sages get is broken on the sorc side. We do not get the initial heal, only the 11 ticks afterward. Operatives can virtually heal forever, and it takes more to kick their face in than sorcs. They can stealth, and have alot of cc at their disposal.

Edited by Mcskeet

Whatever happends, don't let people mislead you when they say sorc has 'horrible' regen. They either heard it from other people, or haven't experienced a sorc in high end content.

There's this thing called consumption, that takes 15% of your health and converts it into 8% force, and reduce your force regen by 25% for 10 secs.

Force surge is a passive in the healing skill tree, when you get a crit on innervate, your consumption doesn't consume health nor reduce your regen. So basicaly get an innervate crit, and you get 8% force back by using consumption.

Innervate is a 4 hit healing spell, channeled during 3 sec. You can boost the crit chance by 25% by applying resurgence first (instant cast HoT). It's not hard at all having a 30% crit base either, so add both and you get 55% crit. That's 4 hit on innervate, 55% crit each (you only need to crit once on the 4 hits to get the boost), so there's a VERY good chance (about 19 times out of 20 from my experience) that you will get force surge to activate.

I've healed every 4 man hardmode flashpoint, some with very squishy tanks, healed a bunch of 8 man stuff too, and during those we even ended up doing dps during the fight thanks to the enrage timers, and I can tell you most of these fights I ended up with 70-80% force left, and that's because I was lazy, or just didn't feel the need to use my force surge boost. Needless to say, force was never a problem.

If you want to know the weakness of a sorc, it's the armor rating. Light armor are squishy, while others can take a few more hits and survive, and that can make the difference between a death and staying alive. But when it comes to healing output, sorc is at the top.

hrmmm.. interesting topic here.. best healer for pve...Honestly its not about the class itself but whos playing the class and How you play it..

No Love for the Merc Healer in this thread it seems.. Everyones drooling over the Sorc which is fine .. Sorc/Op/Merc can they all heal end game content?.. Dam right they can... again its all on how you play..

Lvl 50 Merc Full Healer Spec here.. My main heal 5-6k Heal and Im not even in Full raid Gear.. Small Heal.. 3k ... Instant Heal..3-5k....Is it the best NO ITS NOT but it gets the job done every time with no complaints

There are some perks to being a Sorc.. Battle Rez being one of them which is extremly nice .. But this is not going to make me roll a Sorc...Can a sorc out heal me? Nah I would have to disagree with anyone that says they can...Merc is more Burst heal then it is heal over time..again going back to how your geared and your style of play ... everyone is different... and Everyone has a different opinion on which favorite WOW healer there character reminds them of...

I have heard people compare.. the Op to a Druid healer.. Heck I even seen people compare a Bounty Hunter Merc to a Discipline Healer from wow...Is one better then the other.. Personal Preference on how you like to heal honestly .. But for ME I know how to manage my heat and its never a issue for me.. sooo show the merc healers some love.. because there alot better healers then people give them credit for...Who doesnt love a healer who can wear heavy armor.. Dont be jealous LOL

Edited by lordmykol