Welcome to Game Update 1.3: Allies

CourtneyWoods

James Ohlen welcomes the community to Game Update 1.3: Allies:

Our third major Game Update 1.3: Allies goes live today. Allies makes it easier than ever for players to group up--our server transfer system was just the first step, and with this update we’re introducing the Group Finder tool. Group Finder helps you quickly form groups to take on the many Flashpoints and Operations in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Select your preferred role within a group, the type of content that you and your friends want to tackle, and be automatically matched with group mates and start facing down enemies.

Read More

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not had time to check out a lot of the new features and changes, but I have to say I am loving the new graphics optimizations - runs far smoother on my machine now. Thanks :D

Did you use the auto-optimization feature?

Is anyone else seeing improved performance with this update?

Will stability be fixed now? A nice amount of people have been having a ton of problems sinse free transfers started. I can barely PvP without getting dc'd or a frozen screen (yes I do have the latest updates to my drivers). CS section is full of new problems.

I love TOR and very happy to see ranked WZ's....I just don't want to get dc'd, etc out of 80% of then and suffer a horrible rating due to this...and well also the ability to play haha. Either way congrats Bioware, hope Group Finder helps people, sadly some of us are going to have a problem when the game is on the fritzs.

Edited by Eillack

CS section is full of new problems.

Yes, with a major issue being antivirus believing swtor.exe is a virus. So far I've seen it happen to a number of antiviruses. Just make sure to add it as an exception so you can actually play the game post-patch. :p

Yes, with a major issue being antivirus believing swtor.exe is a virus. So far I've seen it happen to a number of antiviruses. Just make sure to add it as an exception so you can actually play the game post-patch. :p

Indeed; transfers really messed something up.

When 1.2 came out there was a HUGE wave of input from the smuggler community over two changes you made.

Removing Corso's harpoon

and

Removing the giggle.

I've actually gone out of my way to keep these issues fresh just on the off-chance that you would fix these wrongs, but I guess I was right not to expect anything. I understand that 1.3 was more about class balancing, legacy updates, etc... and that 1.4 will go back to Major Content. However, when every smuggler on the forums complains about a change, shouldn't you probably listen to them?

Here are the biggest threads I remember about the issues listed above.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=414473

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=411041

These are from right after 1.2 came out.

Another issue I want to discuss is the Project animation. Everyone on the Consular Forums is raging against the new animation. Several alternative ways of fixing the issue have been named. The best I've seen is to make Disturbance instant, and thereby the mirrored ability to Chock, and keep Project the way it was, but give it a cast bar, not calling it instant anymore.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=489080

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=473447&page=10

EDIT: the two above urls have been updated to show new opinions from the community.

Come on BW, help us out here and actually listen to the community.

EDIT 2: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=364621&page=19

here's another 19 page thread of people wanting the giggle back.

BW, are you listening?

Edited by Ramahospitality

Our third major Game Update 1.3:

1. Legacy Character Perks
  2. Ranked Warzones
  3. Group Finder
  4. Adaptive Gear

And you call this major? Where is the content?

BTW:

The legacy perks are mostly a few database fields updates. And still a credit sink. Hopefully you did not spend more than 2 weeks designing and coding it.

The ranked WZ a glorified group finder tool that allows us to group as whole team and re-queue as such. Wow impressed.

The group finder doesn't even take into account our talent trees specs and doesn't even teleport us back. It's not even as good as what Wow did 3 years ago.

The adptative gear isn't that bad but a click fest to craft the augments (reminds be SWG) a big money sink and still not as good as the simple appearance tab as not only sets bonuses are lost and well the UI is clunky.

(edit) Next time put the patch much earlier on the PTS so you have the time to tweak the game regarding the player feedback.

P.S.: still waiting for the 1.2 bugs and player raised concerns to be addressed.

Edited by Deewe

1. Legacy Character Perks
  2. Ranked Warzones
  3. Group Finder
  4. Adaptive Gear

And you call this major? Where is the content?

BTW:

The legacy perks are mostly a few database fields updates. And still a credit sink. Hopefully you did not spend more than 2 weeks designing and coding it.

The ranked WZ a glorified group finder tool that allows us to group at a whole team and re-queue as such. Wow impressed.

The group finder doesn't even take into account our talent trees specs and doesn't even teleport us back. It's not even as good as what Wow did 3 years ago.

The adptative gear isn't that bad but a click fest to craft the augments (reminds be SWG) a big money sink and still not as good as the simple appearance tab as not only sets bonuses are lost and well the UI is clunky.

(edit) Next time put the patch much earlier on the PTS so you have the time to tweak the game regarding the player feedback.

P.S.: still waiting for the 1.2 bugs and player raised concerns to be addressed.

Wait.... This isn't WoW??? OMG

/sarcasm

If somethink is major it doest mean it has new content....

Right still this is an MMO so major is more tied to content than bug fixes and a few features that should have been at launch.

(edit) And it would have been nice would they have done well these features:

1. Legacy Character Perks: drop the money sink or spread them legacy wide and pick some nice features from my sig
  2. Ranked Warzones: at least separate premades from others, add ranked WZ for non 50's
  3. Group Finder: timer, check specs roles, port back to original spot, improve the UI
  4. Adaptive Gear: transfer the set bonuses, and well reduce the click fest to craft and the inventory madness.

Edited by Deewe

My jaw dropped down to my feet when I opened up my game. I am absolutely happy with the advanced graphics and how it much more detailed everything is and what it looks like in the world around us. Thank you Bio-Ware and thank you for keeping up all these wonderful updates, and I hope that the economy keeps all of you in a job.

James Ohlen welcomes the community to Game Update 1.3: Allies:

Read More

yeah really great download the patch and wait only 1hour 15 minutes in a que because you brainboxes at bioware opened server transfers but didn't bother to think about about server load why am i still paying for this absolutely poor service?

I do like the Idea of the new content, now if only I could play and experience them, too bad the new patch breaks the game for me. :(

Try disabling your antivirus and trying again. If that works, add swtor.exe as an exception, turn your antivirus on, and try loging in :)

Try disabling your antivirus and trying again. If that works, add swtor.exe as an exception, turn your antivirus on, and try loging in :)

I would except that's not my issue, I can log in fine but the new graphics settings have made the game too dark to see anything, I have the gamma at 100% but I can barely make out anything on the screen. I have tried resetting them, doing everything except uninstall and re-install. I noticed this on the PTS but BW tech support assured me that this would not happen on live.

thanks for your help tho

I would except that's not my issue, I can log in fine but the new graphics settings have made the game too dark to see anything, I have the gamma at 100% but I can barely make out anything on the screen. I have tried resetting them, doing everything except uninstall and re-install. I noticed this on the PTS but BW tech support assured me that this would not happen on live.

thanks for your help tho

If you're using a video card, maybe you could try to reset its settings? or use your on-board graphics card? I wish I could help more =/

Edited by psi_overtake

If you're using a video card, maybe you could try to reset its settings? or use your on-board graphics card? I wish I could help more =/

I appreciate it I have reset the settings, I know a few others having issues with the same family of Graphics cards (ATI 69xx series) Minus using Catalyst to override the game settings i'm at a loss for what to do.