Best End-game Armor/Weapons

Omashoo

There seem to be quite a few ways to get armor and weapons, like crafting, operations, and flash points. I was wondering if you get the best end-game stuff from one of those or if you can get it from any? Also, is the best end-game stuff adaptive, so really the best end-game stuff are components?

With the Galactic command system you can get the best armor (rating 248) by killing mobs on Tython as a level 70! You ear cxp from everything and once u reach rrank 300 you have a chance to get 248s however the chance is low. The idea is to be able to get the best gesr with simply doing the content you like.

When it comes to the most efficient way to get gear, thats a different discussion. The answer is a combination of PVP/GSF and Veteran mode operations.

Also, is the best end-game stuff adaptive, so really the best end-game stuff are components?

It *is* adaptive, I think, but doesn't need to be, because it is bind-on-pickup, so could be fixed-weight (heavy for troopers/BHes/Juggs/Guardians, light for consulars and inquisitors, and medium for everyone else).

And of course the weapons and off-hands are not adaptive at all because only armour has a weight that needs to be adapted.

But the weapons, off-hands, and armour pieces are moddable. The relics, implants, and ears are not, of course. You can strip the mods and put them in other gear or use legacy-bound shells to send them to other characters. Armorings contain the set bonuses, and can only be installed in the same slot (e.g. take from chest, can only put into chest). Be aware, though, that stripping high-rating high-colour mods (especially T4 yellows) is EXPENSIVE.

TLDR: "Adaptive" doesn't mean "moddable".(1) I'm well aware of what you meant, but it *annoys* me that people think they are equivalent.

(1) At one time, all adaptive gear was moddable, but the reverse was not true. When 4.0 came out, they introduced a bunch of schematics for fixed-stats adaptive armour. Some people call this "so-called adaptive". If you look on the GTN category selectors for armour, "Adaptive" appears on the list of weights as an alternative to "light", "medium" and "heavy".

At one time, all adaptive gear was moddable, but the reverse was not true.
This is still the case. You can still get loot drops of "modable" armor that is Light, Medium, or Heavy, not Adaptive. Now, same as then, not all modable armor is Adaptive. Edited by Adric_the_Red