Please read over how to do FP's and whatnot. And if Someone is explaining to you how to do something, RESPOND. Don't do the opposite of what people are telling you. I am getting tired of having to repair my stuff on a low lvl toon just because you don't want to listen or know what you are doing. I understand being new you might not know what to do or how to do things, but ask and I'm sure most people will help you. Including myself. :D

wait so your sick of repairing gear on a LOW LEVEL toon, you know where most of the new gamers to swtor or MMO's are learning to play their toon. It is not their fault that you are a seasoned player and know exactly what to look out for. Most people are visual learners in games, and have to see and experience what happens first hand rather then read about it in chat.

wait so your sick of repairing gear on a LOW LEVEL toon, you know where most of the new gamers to swtor or MMO's are learning to play their toon. It is not their fault that you are a seasoned player and know exactly what to look out for. Most people are visual learners in games, and have to see and experience what happens first hand rather then read about it in chat.

"Don't stand in the red circles", "Attack the marked target first", "Stand here", "CC the marked target", "Interrupt the XYZ ability" are about as difficult as lowbie FPs get, reading that is enough, especially since seeing won't always give it away (cleaves for instance).

Its sad but most new players don't learn it from doing it either. Case in point, I have a friend that has played mmos for a few years now and never gets into flashpoints/dungeons or operations/ raids because he just doesn't get it. The basics are there but that is all. My 12 year old son has been beggin to play for a while now and I got him going on a f2p account and yes been at it for a couple of months and no matter what I tell him, or what I show him, he runs every flashpoint like he is the Juggernaut from a halo or modern warfare game :(

No matter how many times he died, or the number of groups he gets kicked from, he just doesn't learn. When we watches me play, he just doesn't seem to catch on. When something bad happens, he domains about the game being over tuned or too difficult. I can't tell you how many times I've had to play through parts of his class story because he has been stuck for hours. :( There are a lot of players out there like these two I know and its sad because they are the ones causing mmos to be dumbed down. Some people need to realize that mmos are just not their thing. God forbid any of these people started playing mmos back in the eq days or even later games like swg pre cu.

Some people need to realize that mmos are just not their thing. God forbid any of these people started playing mmos back in the eq days or even later games like swg pre cu.

To be fair, these are the same people that I used to dominate when I played games like Counter-Strike and Halo. I would never call myself good, but when your opponent's only concept of gameplay is to rush you off spawn over and over, feeding you kills like a mindless bot (in fact, Counter-Strike bots played smarter than most players), it's not hard to look amazing.

All some people need is some help and guidance, which is great. When someone wants to learn it honestly makes my day, just because it's so rare. But some people cannot or will not learn: they may be legitimately mentally impaired, they may lack the abstract reasoning to comprehend game mechanics, or they may simply lack any internal motivation to actually play well. Whatever the case, they're beyond hope.

Its sad but most new players don't learn it from doing it either. Case in point, I have a friend that has played mmos for a few years now and never gets into flashpoints/dungeons or operations/ raids because he just doesn't get it. The basics are there but that is all. My 12 year old son has been beggin to play for a while now and I got him going on a f2p account and yes been at it for a couple of months and no matter what I tell him, or what I show him, he runs every flashpoint like he is the Juggernaut from a halo or modern warfare game :(

No matter how many times he died, or the number of groups he gets kicked from, he just doesn't learn. When we watches me play, he just doesn't seem to catch on. When something bad happens, he domains about the game being over tuned or too difficult. I can't tell you how many times I've had to play through parts of his class story because he has been stuck for hours. :( There are a lot of players out there like these two I know and its sad because they are the ones causing mmos to be dumbed down. Some people need to realize that mmos are just not their thing. God forbid any of these people started playing mmos back in the eq days or even later games like swg pre cu.

He's not causing anything, it's you because you let him play. You're responsible for spoiling the game for many people already who played with him. I hope you sleep well.

He's not causing anything, it's you because you let him play. You're responsible for spoiling the game for many people already who played with him. I hope you sleep well.

Its so hard to not let him play. He wants to so bad, he wants to join in on the fun. As a father it is my job to teach and guide him its just hard because he has his own opinion on how to any. As long as he keeps asking, I can't quit on him.

I'm just pointing it out that some people just don't grasp it. I never though mmos where so "hard" that they excluded the simple minded people but I'm starting to feel that way now. I can't even go to both or any of the other planets that have gsi dailies without at least one person sending me a whisper asking for help on their class story. Really? I have blown through four class stories now and ha e never once asked for help.

Its hard to say no to someone ewho wants to play a game that you yourself enjoy so much. I only hope that for every group that has to suffer with him will one day be in a group that I am in and get a free ride from start to end. Yes, I have a dps a heals and a tank, all end game geared and its very rare that any group I find myself lucky to be in has a "hard" time. Maybe those good experiences will out weight the bad. Maybe.

So just because someone doesn't want to read something I post to help another player and myself is ok? FP's are about teamwork. If you can't listen to people you are grouped with, then you are playing the wrong type of game. MMO's are about playing with or against other players. How hard is that to understand?

Its so hard to not let him play. He wants to so bad, he wants to join in on the fun. As a father it is my job to teach and guide him its just hard because he has his own opinion on how to any. As long as he keeps asking, I can't quit on him.

I'm just pointing it out that some people just don't grasp it. I never though mmos where so "hard" that they excluded the simple minded people but I'm starting to feel that way now. I can't even go to both or any of the other planets that have gsi dailies without at least one person sending me a whisper asking for help on their class story. Really? I have blown through four class stories now and ha e never once asked for help.

Its hard to say no to someone ewho wants to play a game that you yourself enjoy so much. I only hope that for every group that has to suffer with him will one day be in a group that I am in and get a free ride from start to end. Yes, I have a dps a heals and a tank, all end game geared and its very rare that any group I find myself lucky to be in has a "hard" time. Maybe those good experiences will out weight the bad. Maybe.

I understand. But there are not only 2 ways how to deal with this - let him play or not let him play. Why not tell him something like "next time I watch you play this FP and you do this right according to what I told you, or you won't play next week".

Personally I think you'd be surprised how quick he'd start to learn.

its a kid wots rong with u its mmo game all can play it

as on the op i have few friends in game who just take time to lern runed with them ops and li countles times it taken ages to lern for them but at some point we all will get there the problem is over expiranced players just face rolling most fp . haw many times i was in a low lvl fp or high lvl with new guys asking abouth tack all he was told to follow others then when wipe happened they blame him

Edited by Brutal

its a kid wots rong with u its mmo game all can play it

as on the op i have few friends in game who just take time to lern runed with them ops and li countles times it taken ages to lern for them but at some point we all will get there the problem is over expiranced players just face rolling most fp . haw many times i was in a low lvl fp or high lvl with new guys asking abouth tack all he was told to follow others then when wipe happened they blame him

There is a difference between someone refusing to learn when others are attempting to teach and your friend willing to learn but the group can't be bothered.

As for Dad and Son as others have suggested only allow him to play if he starts learning how to play properly. Each time he refuses or back slides on bad habits cut him off for awhile. If he really wants to play he will learn. He's old enough that age isn't an excuse.

Really your going to punish a kid because he wants to learn something and just doesn't grasp the concept? I don't think punishing a kid who is trying to learn something is going to help them learn it in anyway. Maybe have him watch some youtube videos on the different flashpoints. Or have him play an easier class or just run 2 man heroics with him and teach him some of the different strategies in there. He's still young he'll probably get better as he gets a little older. But you don't want to punish him. Tell me how pathetic that sounds "yeah my dad grounded me because I couldn't hold aggro on the last flashpoint we did"