Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

NogueiraA

11 pages, cool.

Thanks for all replys and as I said, I have a sniper valor 52 and 4 other toons valor 60+.

Tanksin DPS valor 64

Marauder valor 92

Merc valor 71

Scoundrel valor 69

I read all the answers, IMO sniper still need a PVP nerf.

I rolled a sniper to learn how to kill this AC, but no one can touch me if I want... If you close gap me, I have debilitate, close gap again? I have cover pulse, close gap again? instant root to kite you, close gap again? I have flashbang and 8 seconds to run away... Coughs-Anti Melee-Coughs

Neither sorcs has that much tools against gap close.

Entrench needs a nerf for PVP, you can't do nothing against them. Force Shroud if specced lasts 5 secs, jugg immunity in vengeance lasts 4 secs, why entrench lasts 20 seconds? They have to be IMMOBILE.

Please, think about it.

I hate to say this but if you honestly think Snipers are overpowered then its a sevear L2P issue. :rolleyes: I don't know if you know this but this class is a Turret class. This class is an anti melee class but it also has its weaknesses.

Edited by PowerReaper

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snipers hurt a lot when they are 30m away and you are fighting someone else. Or even when you are trying to kill them.

But I have never been repeatedly killed by a sniper and thought to myself...hmm not much I can do different.

But I frequently have that feeling when I constantly come up solo vs the same PT-Pyro or certain Maras. You can do your actions perfectly against certain Pyros or Maras and they can still kill you because of the class. But a Sniper is someone who can't follow you around the node. If a particular Sniper is tearing you up, you can always try altering your combat positioning and semi-LOS a Sniper. That doesn't work against a PT or Mara.

Are you kidding me?

Sniper is an excellent DPS when played correctly. However few actually roll them. I rarely see more than 1 Sniper in my Team. And most of those who do play them don't use their abilities correctly. Sniper needs more tactical use of it's abilities than others. And nerfing the class will just kill off the Sniper population.

Besides, on my Sin alt I tend to kill Snipers easily as, like I said, most don't use their abilities correctly.

Sincerely,

-A good Sniper.

11 pages, cool.

Thanks for all replys and as I said, I have a sniper valor 52 and 4 other toons valor 60+.

Tanksin DPS valor 64

Marauder valor 92

Merc valor 71

Scoundrel valor 69

I rolled a sniper to learn how to kill this AC, but no one can touch me if I want... If you close gap me, I have debilitate, close gap again? I have cover pulse, close gap again? instant root to kite you, close gap again? I have flashbang and 8 seconds to run away...

Entrench needs a nerf for PVP, you can't do nothing against them. Force Shroud if specced lasts 5 secs, jugg immunity in vengeance lasts 4 secs, why entrench lasts 20 seconds?

Please, think about it.

You're funny dude :)

If you change any of those defensive abilities you'll be making it extremely hard to be effective for any warzone. We're already targeted a lot and if you're a known engineering spec sniper even more so (at least in my experience). Drop a plasma probe to cover a door whilst defending in voidstar against the good players and it's a magnet for trouble.

Incidentally my experience has been that there are some truely awful people playing melee classes, and I'm really not that bothered if they get up close and personal...I'm finding that I'm getting better at killing them when they're within their melee range than sometimes when they're at range. Sure I'll loose some as there's still a lot I can improve upon...I'm not the best sniper around but for the average sentinel come within melee range in 1 on 1 situations I'm certainly doing far better recently.

It's actually quite funny, sometimes I've even ran up to melee classes within their melee range and proceeded to kill them.....but try and do that to a melee player that really knows how to play it :

The problem has always been the extremely good melee players, on my server that'd be dudes like Stelios and the folks from Nostrum Dolus (of course there's others, I'm not going to name every single one but they're imo by far the worst (i.e. best ;) ) in my experience...even before the smashing).

Another thing that's worth pointing out whilst it's not always the case and my sniper has only lived because of some very good healers....healing me....but a lot of the time I guarantee melee classes will get healed first before snipers. So even when there's a melee class attacking me that I know I can easily solo (depending on the player of course) trying to survive it is difficult to say the least. If snipers (generally speaking not for myself personally) got healed as much as you melee classes then you'd probably see a lot more damage being done by us.

With the amount of chars you have over rank 60 you should know what you're talking about but....I have to go with what a lot of others said...it appears to be a L2P issue.

11 pages, cool.

Tanksin DPS valor 64

Marauder valor 92

Merc valor 71

Scoundrel valor 69

I rolled a sniper to learn how to kill this AC, but no one can touch me if I want... If you close gap me, I have debilitate, close gap again? I have cover pulse, close gap again? instant root to kite you, close gap again? I have flashbang and 8 seconds to run away...

Entrench needs a nerf for PVP, you can't do nothing against them. Force Shroud if specced lasts 5 secs, jugg immunity in vengeance lasts 4 secs, why entrench lasts 20 seconds?

Please, think about it.

calling a nerf describing a 1v1 scenario

PRICELESS

Stop looking at mara's and powertechs for a few minutes. Look at snipers...

No, it's not a QQ thread, because I have 4 toons valor 60+ and a sniper valor 52.

Let's look at the defensive abilities sniper's have.

- Cover - You cant jump him.

- Entrench - immune of ALL control abilities, lasts 20 seconds... 20 seconds IMMUNE of all CC's, knockbacks, whatever... Force Shroud lasts 5 secs.. 45 secs cooldown.

- Debilitate - stun the target for 4 seconds, NOT breaks on damage. 45 secs coodown.

- Flashbang - stun the target for 8 seconds, breaks on damage. 1 min cooldown.

- Leg Shot - instant root, lasts 5 seconds, breaks if damage after 2 seconds... He can use leg shot, shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 16 secs cooldown.

- Shield Probe - Absorb damage for 15 seconds. 45 secs cooldown.

- Evasion - dodge melee and ranged atacks by 100% chance, lasts 3 seconds. 1 min cooldown.

- Ballistic Shield - deploys a giant shield reducing the damge taken for you and all allies by 20%, lasts 15 secs. 3 min cooldown.

- Cover Pulse - knocks your target to the moon, AND root 5 seconds. Breaks if damage after 2 seconds, he can shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 30 secs cooldown.

- Shatter Shot - Reduce the target armor by 20% for 45 secs. Inflicts Trauma for 9 secs and reduce all healing the target receives by 20%. 5 secs cooldown.

- Ambush knockback - Marksmanship has a 1 point talent: When Ambush strikes a target within 10 meters, the target is knocked back several meters.

So 11 defensive tools, a LOT OF damage, you guys know how much hurts each shoot from a sniper. He can kill you in 3 GCD.

Seriously Bioware, this class NEEDS a huge nerf.

"just LOS him"... No, melee class has no gap closer against snipers.

L2P? Ok, roll a melee and try to kill a sniper.

English i'ts not my first language, sorry for mistakes.

Thanks.

I don't support this thread which automatically makes it worthless

Scrub

11 pages, cool.

Tanksin DPS valor 64

Marauder valor 92

Merc valor 71

Scoundrel valor 69

Please, think about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At first I though it was a serious post- but then I read the post above. He has gone a long way to say "I am awesome, Magnificent and unkillable -bioware please nerf me, so that those pugs can have a chance against me." lol.

In open world pvp- there are places where a sharpshooter slinger could kill just about anything (and if the op, is referring to those instances-my apologies)- flat areas on hoth and tatooine. You can run but you can't hide-and if you run you only die tired.

However, in warzones- the slinger/sniper is one of the most difficult classes to play well hence the low numbers of them in warzones. Most warzones put slingers at a disadvantage with all the clutter/pillars/platforms/corners that players can use to LOS (Dot/heal/Dot etc.). The rafters around the spawning hutball is the only real place with an undeniable advantage for a slinger/sniper; well against people loitering around the spawn point anyways.

I'm always in the top 5 at the end of warzones (pugs vs. pugs or pugs<- me vs. 4 man premade) with my slinger (Valor 76, BIS warhero) but it has been a long and bumpy ride- and I learned that staying as a turret in one spot for too long is a quick way of getting dead. Defensive skills work great for getting that one Marauder/operative that came at you from behind, but not good for his friend that came at you 5 seconds right after him.

With my powertech BH in recruit gear (Elite War Hero main hand) I also usually do really well also, so in my experience playing the powertech BH is way Way easier than playing the slinger. Playing my guardian is way easier than playing the slinger.

Nerf to sniper/slingers- please :rolleyes:

I don't want to be a Merc/Commando in medium armor with even less mobility

• 4 months later...
Its now April 2013, yes its time to nerf snipers for pvp. i cant touch them in melee or ranged any class. i have 5 50s and 4 lowbies including operative! its rediculous. check any server imp side and the starting areas are full of people rolling snipers because everyone knows it!!

Snipers hurt a lot when they are 30m away and you are fighting someone else. Or even when you are trying to kill them.

But I have never been repeatedly killed by a sniper and thought to myself...hmm not much I can do different.

But I frequently have that feeling when I constantly come up solo vs the same PT-Pyro or certain Maras. You can do your actions perfectly against certain Pyros or Maras and they can still kill you because of the class. But a Sniper is someone who can't follow you around the node. If a particular Sniper is tearing you up, you can always try altering your combat positioning and semi-LOS a Sniper. That doesn't work against a PT or Mara.

well PT's have been nerfed hard

Its now April 2013, yes its time to nerf snipers for pvp. i cant touch them in melee or ranged any class. i have 5 50s and 4 lowbies including operative! its rediculous. check any server imp side and the starting areas are full of people rolling snipers because everyone knows it!!

Posts like this are why we can't have nice things.

Firstly, nice necro you did there. Secondly, it IS still possible for a melee to beat a sniper 1v1. The sniper does not even have to be a terrible player, you just have to be a better one (kinda the point of PvP as a whole, really!) I won't tell you how, if you have yet to figure out a strategy, then keep working at it (hint: doesn't involve an awful lot of face tanking)

Secondly, I play both factions on a couple of servers. I'll have to call bull on Snipers/Gunslingers suddenly being fashionable.

And before you ask, I do play melee on one of my classes:

Sorc (DPS)

Sniper (lvl 47 b4 you ask!)

Merc (DPS, suprisingly fun to play)

Sentinel

Firstly, nice necro you did there. Secondly, it IS still possible for a melee to beat a sniper 1v1.

I think as melee you can't beat good 1.7 (not buffed 2.0! :) ) engi with all colldowns and on their own grounds without support (1 vs 1). :rolleyes:

Edited by Glower

- Cover - You cant jump him.

Without this I don't have a 10% win chance against a warrior, but 1%.

- Entrench - immune of ALL control abilities, lasts 20 seconds... 20 seconds IMMUNE of all CC's, knockbacks, whatever... Force Shroud lasts 5 secs.. 45 secs cooldown.

This goes at the cost of all the mobility you can think of. People can just nuke you to death in 3/4 secs cause you can't move or this ability is useless. If you move, your cd is wasted.

- Debilitate - stun the target for 4 seconds, NOT breaks on damage. 45 secs coodown.

Are we the only class with a stun???

- Flashbang - stun the target for 8 seconds, breaks on damage. 1 min cooldown.

Breakes on damage, decent cooldown, no need to say more

- Leg Shot - instant root, lasts 5 seconds, breaks if damage after 2 seconds... He can use leg shot, shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 16 secs cooldown.

If the sniper/gunslinger actually does damage the debuff is removed very quickly. If he doesn't, yes, you stand there for a few seconds, but you take no damage. Combine that with some classes that have mobility immunities....I've seen several warriors and powertechs walking right through my leg shot.

- Shield Probe - Absorb damage for 15 seconds. 45 secs cooldown.

Do I need to mention Smash and the other huge burst abilities? They literally destroy this shield in 1 blow....

- Evasion - dodge melee and ranged atacks by 100% chance, lasts 3 seconds. 1 min cooldown.

3 seconds....you have any clue how short this is? I've never seen a 1 vs 1 being decided because I used this one. 3 seconds is nothing when you get a 4k and 5k immediately afterwards.

- Ballistic Shield - deploys a giant shield reducing the damge taken for you and all allies by 20%, lasts 15 secs. 3 min cooldown.

This one is only useful in combination with Entrench at the moment. If you get cc't out of your cover it's worthless. Also it has a decent cd and combined with the low basic survivability of a sniper/gunslinger you should be able to nuke him down rather quick

- Cover Pulse - knocks your target to the moon, AND root 5 seconds. Breaks if damage after 2 seconds, he can shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 30 secs cooldown.

Yes, can we have a knockback too?

- Shatter Shot - Reduce the target armor by 20% for 45 secs. Inflicts Trauma for 9 secs and reduce all healing the target receives by 20%. 5 secs cooldown.

This increases my chance of beating a warrior from 10% to 15%. Great point! So OP!

- Ambush knockback - Marksmanship has a 1 point talent: When Ambush strikes a target within 10 meters, the target is knocked back several meters.

Works on only 1 ability and it has a limited range.....

- So 11 defensive tools, a LOT OF damage, you guys know how much hurts each shoot from a sniper. He can kill you in 3 GCD.

Why leave a sniper/gunslinger on range and let him nuke? Focus him and see him die in 3 secs is a better idea? Turn off your tunnelvision and learn to pick targets

- Seriously Bioware, this class NEEDS a huge nerf.

No comment...

- "just LOS him"... No, melee class has no gap closer against snipers.

Yes, I've seen some people that made an art of this and it's very usefull against a sniper/gunslinger. This fighting style requires some more patience however ;)

- L2P? Ok, roll a melee and try to kill a sniper.

Learn to pick targets and focus.

English i'ts not my first language, sorry for mistakes.

Thanks.

Pshhhh...quite frankly if they nerfed sniper/gs to the point of utter uselessness, I would feel it justified.

NO class should be able to just stand there and turret people down, whilst using CC to remove you from their vicinity, and keep killing you. They should have to kite and move around at the very least.

Pshhhh...quite frankly if they nerfed sniper/gs to the point of utter uselessness, I would feel it justified.

NO class should be able to just stand there and turret people down, whilst using CC to remove you from their vicinity, and keep killing you. They should have to kite and move around at the very least.

Slow, stun, slow, slow, stun...you said kiting? How?

there's a thread about the nerf to long range CCs, and I think that's directly tied to the problem ppl are having with snipers/gs. It's not so much that they can't be killed. they can (in 1.7 - haven't tried 2.0). the thing that's so extremely frustrating is how ridiculously out of whack entrench is compared to any other ability on any other AC in the game. AND they got to keep their long range aoe instant mezz while every other class in the game lost their instant, ranged CC (except balance until 2.0?).

I guess bubble-stun was somehow supposed to be the fix for sorc turrets. so maybe it's a good thing if they never address the dcd issue again.