What’s New in Season Two

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we not get some more PvP quests outside of ranked to incentivise people to play PvP below level 55? The time it takes to level via PvP right now is frankly a joke and 2 quests just isn't enough to keep up.

That's not really talking about the article, thus off topic.

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of quick seasons and top player rewards! I will definitely be aiming for top three, on at least one of my characters.

I sat for hours never getting a ranked pop, even at peak times, on many occasions. Other people told me to que up at certain times, and it STILL never popped. I gave up ever trying to get these rewards because the time it takes to even get one pop is just too time consuming. Other people I know have the same problem, I have even had a few of them in group to que group ranked. STILL never a pop. I am frankly ticked off because had the que popped I would have gotten some of these rewards, but it never did. I got 2 ranked matches total out of the entire season because I am not setting for 2 hrs waiting for a que to pop when I have other things to do. It would be really nice to not make it require 10 matches because of this.

Make the seasons one month long and everyone will populate the que and get a chance to get this stuff. Anything longer will just make the que pop less or not at all. You could have a season every quarter for one month. Four a year.

Also, if you bring back the 8v8 Ranked it would make the que pop alot, otherwise this stuff is nearly impossible to get (on my server).

Furthermore, Unranked rewards would be nice and make it fair for the people who cant ever get Ranked to pop. I think both Ranked and Unranked should get rewards. Just different ones. I PVP all the time in Unranked and feel we deserve some love as well.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I realize you guys have to be politically correct, but really?

"You are the best and I enjoy reading the forums "

I wouldn't wish a daily dose of PVP forum upon my worst enemies, I really hope you guys get paid exceptionally well for putting up with the cesspit that is the PVP forum.

Top 3 for each class actually discourages playing where it is most competitive. The people in the top 3 will most like be on a server where the competition is very spread out and one team is dominating.

its top 3 for each server.

Not based on the blog.

"In addition to these rewards we feel that we should do something for the best of the best in both Ranked modes! Starting at the end of Season 2, the top three characters of each Advanced Class in Group and Solo will be given a unique reward. That means that the top 96 players in the world will get something to show off their elite status! "

just an idea, at the end of each season with the top 3 of all server, they should get invited into a top 3 tournament where they face each other to see who of the top 3 per server is top 3 of the game for that season ends. just an idea.

Not based on the blog.

"In addition to these rewards we feel that we should do something for the best of the best in both Ranked modes! Starting at the end of Season 2, the top three characters of each Advanced Class in Group and Solo will be given a unique reward. That means that the top 96 players in the world will get something to show off their elite status! "

Yeah, that could definitely use some clarification.

Not sure how I feel about the shorter season, it may only serve to increase frustration. With ranked there are always up's and downs. With a short season, experiencing a bad streak of games will be especially infuriating knowing you won't have much time to gain back the ground you just lost. This problem will be compounded on servers with less active ranked populations.

I assume that means 3 highest solo rated characters of each Advanced Class (16*3 = 48, mercs and commandos are considered different ACs), and then the 3 highest group rated characters of each Advanced Class (another 16*3 = 48).

48 + 48 = 96. Boom.

Edit: That's 96 total. Not 96 per server. It specifically states the best 96 in the world.

Edited by Darslk

• Dev Post

Hi! Allow me to impart clarification on this part of the blog :D

The reward will be given to the Top 3 of each Advanced Class of the entire Ranked population. NOT per server.

8 Advanced Classes per Faction * 2 Factions * Top 3 players * 2 Gamemodes (Ranked and Solo) = 96 rewarded players

Hope that helps make sense of the situation! :tran_cool:

I realize you guys have to be politically correct, but really?

"You are the best and I enjoy reading the forums "

I wouldn't wish a daily dose of PVP forum upon my worst enemies, I really hope you guys get paid exceptionally well for putting up with the cesspit that is the PVP forum.

It's a cesspit because there are no replies from the mods, whatsoever. The only topics they reply in is those they make themselves.

Just sayin.

Hope you guys manage to bring X-server to PVP and return of Ranked 8 man WZs at some point.

With those two alone Ranked PvP would flourish in SWTOR.

Delaying X-server is just a help to the competition coming from other games, being Showroom new or old as Egypt.

I also would have liked the following in Arenas; Gear check (easy no 2018 expertise no Ranked Que, something similar to spec change may be?), and also PUNISHMENT to leavers; timer (starting at 10 mins and increasing) plus decreasing points (also increasing more if you leave more to 1 game).

I assume that means 3 highest solo rated characters of each Advanced Class (16*3 = 48, mercs and commandos are considered different ACs), and then the 3 highest group rated characters of each Advanced Class (another 16*3 = 48).

48 + 48 = 96. Boom.

Edit: That's 96 total. Not 96 per server.

Correct, no clarification needed. It is pretty clear.

Until Cross server is implemented it should be like this. From solo ranked for season 1 here is what servers would get the rewards if its based on all servers:

US East:

• PoTF 15
  • Jedi Covenant 3
  • The Ebon Hawk 1
  • Jung Ma 1
  • The Shadowlands 0

US West:

• The Bastion 6
  • The Harbinger 1
  • Begeren Colony 1

EU English:

• ToFN 13
  • The Red Eclipse 2
  • The Progenitor 0

EU German:

• Jar'Kai Sword 2
  • Vanjervalis Chain 0
  • T3-M4 0

EU French:

• Darth Nihilus 2
  • Mantle of the Force 1
  • Battle Meditation 0

Group ranked:

US East:

• PoTF 5
  • Jedi Covenant 2
  • The Ebon Hawk 0
  • Jung Ma 0
  • The Shadowlands 0

US West:

• The Bastion 10
  • The Harbinger 1
  • Begeren Colony 0

EU English:

• ToFN 16
  • The Red Eclipse 1
  • The Progenitor 0

EU German:

• T3-M4 3
  • Jar'Kai Sword 0
  • Vanjervalis Chain 0

EU French:

• Darth Nihilus 6
  • Mantle of the Force 2
  • Battle Meditation 2

Edited by MarsherMeow

Changes are nice and were all needed. The class and spec specific rewarding system is another huge improvement.

However, coming from this very idea, why the hell can't you or won't you make the Top 5% rating mark separate for EACH ADVANCED CLASS also? This could ease the very fact that you favor a bunch of classes over others, so this could eliminate the need to only play any arena with FOTM classes.... seriously, just look at the class distribution of those who got their top season 1 rewards... seriously!

Changes are nice and were all needed. The class and spec specific rewarding system is another huge improvement.

However, coming from this very idea, why the hell can't you or won't you make the Top 5% rating mark separate for EACH ADVANCED CLASS also? This could ease the very fact that you favor a bunch of classes over others, so this could eliminate the need to only play any arena with FOTM classes.... seriously, just look at the class distribution of those who got their top season 1 rewards... seriously!

I was Interested by this so here are the counts for each class that made it into the top tier. The leaderboard only shows the current rating rather than the top they earned so a few more people probably made it to than listed here.

From solo ranked:

• Guardian / Jugg 123
  • Setinel / Marauder 271
  • Shadow / Sin 232
  • Sage / Sorc 200
  • Vanguard / Powertech 294
  • Commando / Merc 97
  • Gunslinger / Sniper 52 :eek:
  • Scoundrel / Operative 218

Edited by MarsherMeow

Hi! Allow me to impart clarification on this part of the blog :D

The reward will be given to the Top 3 of each Advanced Class of the entire Ranked population. NOT per server.

8 Advanced Classes per Faction * 2 Factions * Top 3 players * 2 Gamemodes (Ranked and Solo) = 96 rewarded players

Hope that helps make sense of the situation! :tran_cool:

Sorry The Shadowlands, The Progenitor and Vanjervalis Chain probably no rewards for any of you guys.