Legacy crafting crit chance

Lawnmow

Hey guys, im a big crafter of 26 armorings and mods i used my +5 cybertech crit companion and i used to crit about every 4-6 armorings. i bought the legacy crafting crit, and now it seems that i never crit! ive crafter over 20 armorings and countless mods with not 1 crit. is this a bug? the same thing has happend to a friend of mine since he bought legacy crafting. anyone have more info?

Unless you've recorded in a spreadsheet all your past crafts and are able to compare with number to your recent crafts, you could simply be going through a stretch of bad luck.

I have the legacy crit perk and I've had a few crits since 1.4, so it's working for me.

Is it working "as intented"?

I don't know since I don't record my craft streaks.

Uhm, excuse me if i'm wrong, but aren't the legacy crit chances only applies to things that could have an augment slot?

I'm fairly certain the in game description is as follows;

"Increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting."

Doesn't that exclude things that you only craft one at a time? (like armorings and mods)

That's how our guild has always looked at it...

Edit: I was wrong, ignore this post.

Edited by TalantMAJR

Uhm, excuse me if i'm wrong, but aren't the legacy crit chances only applies to things that could have an augment slot?

Doesn't that exclude things that you only craft one at a time? (like armorings and mods)

no, if the item cannot have an augment slot added, the crit will produce 2 of an item, for example critting on an armoring will provide with 2 armorings.

There was a dev statement clarifying this a couple months ago confirming that its also provides double stuff if it cannot have a slot added to it.

Also remember that its only a 1% increase, 3% if you buy all 3, so its not a big jump, you shouldnt expect to be critting a lot, i think the OP just had a spout of bad luck

To the OP: I have legacy of crafting, & have had crits since the 1.4 patch (artifice)

this question was answered by the devs quite a while ago, yes legacy of crafting does improve the crit chance for items that do not have augment slots.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4753951#post4753951

Hey guys, im a big crafter of 26 armorings and mods i used my +5 cybertech crit companion and i used to crit about every 4-6 armorings. i bought the legacy crafting crit, and now it seems that i never crit! ive crafter over 20 armorings and countless mods with not 1 crit. is this a bug? the same thing has happend to a friend of mine since he bought legacy crafting. anyone have more info?
If the Legacy crafting is bugged I'd have to say it's affecting Cybertech but not Artifice.

I also purchased the legacy crit crafting and use my droid with +5 Cybertech crit. It seems to crit one third to half as often as when I have Sgt Rusk (who has no +crit) craft Artifice items for me. I'm an optimist though so instead of suspecting Cybertech was bugged by legacy I've been theorizing that Rusk has a hidden +crit to Artifice crafting, he's a crit machine and has earned me millions of extra credits.

I'm only offering anecdotal observations on daily crafting returns over the last couple months, I'm too busy/lazy to record this stuff. I'd be interested in seeing the actual math though.

If the Legacy crafting is bugged I'd have to say it's affecting Cybertech but not Artifice.

I also purchased the legacy crit crafting and use my droid with +5 Cybertech crit. It seems to crit one third to half as often as when I have Sgt Rusk (who has no +crit) craft Artifice items for me. I'm an optimist though so instead of suspecting Cybertech was bugged by legacy I've been theorizing that Rusk has a hidden +crit to Artifice crafting, he's a crit machine and has earned me millions of extra credits.

I'm only offering anecdotal observations on daily crafting returns over the last couple months, I'm too busy/lazy to record this stuff. I'd be interested in seeing the actual math though.

Did you build up any affection with T7? (I'm guessing you didn't mean "droid" as in C2 since he has no stats). I thought affection also played a role.

Did you build up any affection with T7? (I'm guessing you didn't mean "droid" as in C2 since he has no stats). I thought affection also played a role.
C2-N2 and 2V-R8 can be equipped with items that do give them these stats. I also have a +5 cybertech crit on one of mine.