AoE Spells? (Sorc)

Neuromann

I'm currently level 27 and I'm already dying to get AoE spells. I find myself purposely trying to skip mobs because i can't AoE them to the ground. Do you have to individually target each mob for DPS leveling all the way to 50? Starting to get pretty irritating where's my frost nova > blizzard dps at? =P

Yeah we are a bit limited till we get lightning storm then its the only ability you will ever need to kill 4 standard or weak mobs. I went madness speced and you can get death circle (or something like that) it it ok and heals you but lack the stun/slow/knock down of most other AOE.

You'll never get enough AoE as a Sorc, that you can just pull a bunch and AoE them down. Either they have long activation times, long cooldowns, or can easily be shortened by being hit.

At 34 you get a channeled AoE that does weak damage, slows targets and has a chance to stun weak and standard enemies.

At 20, Lightning Sorc's gets Chain Lightning. A slow cast, high damage, skill that jumps to up 5 targets, in an 8 meter radius. And Madness gets Death Field, an instacast high damage skill that's placed on the ground and hits up to 3 targets, and heals you for a small amount.

If you want to burst down groups fast, your best bet is to pop Recklessness (+60% crit on direct force attacks) and use either Chain Lightning, or Death Field, and then pick them off with single target skills.

Lightning will have the upperhand on burst AoE dps, if you're over level 34. Chain Lightning will have a 30% chance to proc a 2nd Chain Lightning, that does 30% of your normal damage. Force Storm, the channaled AoE, has a 10% chance on each tick to proc an instacast Chain Lightning. A Chain Lightning crit will usually do about 50% of a standard enemy's HP, if Forked Lightning procs, you'll get them down to 35%. Start channeling Force Storm, which will in most cases proc an instacast Chain Lightning, and finish them off with that.

If you like seeing a lot of big numbers at once, I'd suggest you try lightning. A Recklessness+Chain Lightning at 50, with average gear, will usually crit for about 2.5k-2.8k on each mob. If Forked Lightning procs, you'll get another 400'ish damage per mob. So that's somewhere between 14.5k-16.k in just under 4.5s, on 5 mobs. Although I'd try to avoid doing that in Flashpoint groups. At least at the start of a large pull. You will get a few mobs on you lol

Edited by Tweetee