Does your chat choice alter how difficult a mission is ?

SupahBug

so when im going for a mission, does the choice of what i say change how easy or difficult the mission will be ?

because i always respond with a cocky sort of oh this will be easy response, and they seem to add more to the mission, or does it not effect it ?

maybe im being a **** and imagining this but just wondering

Sometimes you can talk your way out of a fight, so I guess you could consider that making things less difficult not having to battle.

*force persuade* you want to go jump off that cliff

lol somthing along that line

some times your choices will affect a fight so choose wisely

99% of the time, different dialogue options only provoke different dialogue responses. It doesn't really seem to affect the mission that much.

Only exceptions are where you have LS/DS choices to make, where sometimes your mission is altered somewhat slightly to reflect the choice you've made. To give a cliched generic example - either blow up the whole place and get out (DS choice) or rescue hostages first then blow up the whole place (LS choice) - now the latter choice is obviously going to be a slightly more laborious task, but thats it really.

I haven't seen any differences elicited in being 'cocky', instead of perhaps speeding things up to the confrontation instead of spending more time exchanging nasty words with your enemies.

Sith Warriors can get out of at least one fight by threatening to eat their ambushers. No joke.

Sith Inquisitors can either provoke a Sith Lord into fighting them or have him send his apprentices to test them. They can also intimidate a group of mercs so they don't have the backbone to attack when their boss gives the order.

These are just a few examples off the top of my head.

Most of the time the missions are the same, particularly side-quests. However sometimes you can effect things, mostly whether or not a fight occurs, sometimes how many take part in a fight. The choices also seem to change the post-mission mails & rewards you get.

LS/DS options do seem to make much major changes a lot of the time. For example I just had one in which I could (LS) do some busy work to get the quest item or (DS) just attack the owner of the item and have a quicker but harder combat.