The Most pvp damage for Sentinel

Bassturd

Watchman will always beat the other two specs in a 1v1. Sorry to break it to you. Additionally you shouldn't be losing to a sniper as a sentinel.

Not always true. I have beaten my share and have lost my share of 1 v 1 fights with Annihilation Marauders as a Focus Sentinel.

Who's kidding who? I ground up all variants of all classes to level 50 to see how each class worked. The best way to beat your opponent is to know what they can and can not do.

Sorry, but sentinal and slam build guardians have to be some of the easiest classes to be successful with. I have been sticking with my Merc now for some time. So don't even TRY to call me a FOTM player. If I was one of those, I would have dumped my broken class a long time ago.

The truth is that sentinal is a very very easy class to play. I am sorry to say that, but it is just fact. People ( being the general masses ) tend to drift toward the easiest to play classes. It is pretty common in MMO's particularly. You have more utility than any class I can think of, while doing insane amounts of damage.

That is why it was so easy to do so well in recruit gear, when I played it for a few days... because it is frankly an unbalanced class. Honestly I would not be surprised to see a lot of changes in 1.7. And when it happens.. I will read all the QQ's here from people talking about how balanced sentinal is.. but I will not shed 1 tear.

Maybe your referring to smash/sweep sents, but the other two specs have learning curves. You're not going to be able to convince me that all of these fotm bad watchmen/combat sents are playing it correctly. It's one thing to dps, its a whole different thing to survive, or dps efficiently. We may have utility, but so do other classes, some have more. Quit QQing.

Not always true. I have beaten my share and have lost my share of 1 v 1 fights with Annihilation Marauders as a Focus Sentinel.

Again, bads. A well played watchman vs a well played combat or focus, the watchman will always win. It may not be the best spec to into rateds according to some, but it is a far superior 1v1 spec than the other two.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I am not QQ'ing. This is pretty much how it is. I know people tend to defend their classes, because they want to feel leet, but it is really just this simple.

I play a guardian as well. Smash builds are stupidly easy to play. I admit it. I hate them. Vigilance is my preferred poison. It is unfortunate that they will never put up the same numbers.

P.s., when I played my sentinal, to test it... it was NOT a smash build. Pretty easy to win with all that utility and dps.

You can call this QQ if you wish. I am done talking about it now. I am sure you will have some "witty" reply, but facts are facts. Sentinal is played by so many, because it is so easy to do well with them.

That is just human nature.

I am not QQ'ing. This is pretty much how it is. I know people tend to defend their classes, because they want to feel leet, but it is really just this simple.

I play a guardian as well. Smash builds are stupidly easy to play. I admit it. I hate them. Vigilance is my preferred poison. It is unfortunate that they will never put up the same numbers.

P.s., when I played my sentinal, to test it... it was NOT a smash build. Pretty easy to win with all that utility and dps.

You can call this QQ if you wish. I am done talking about it now. I am sure you will have some "witty" reply, but facts are facts. Sentinal is played by so many, because it is so easy to do well with them.

That is just human nature.

Sure thing boss. ;)

Pretty much gg. I don't think I've lost a 1v1 to anything other than a sniper or a geared ops opening out of stealth.

Then you've never fought a good Assassin 1vs1. An Assassin should always win a 1vs1 against a Sentinel, and if he doesn't, he's just crap and should l2p... In fact, an Assassin should win ANY 1vs1, except when fighting a Shadow.

Edited by SenseX

Then you've never fought a good Assassin 1vs1. An Assassin should always win a 1vs1 against a Sentinel, and if he doesn't, he's just crap and should l2p... In fact, an Assassin should win ANY 1vs1, except when fighting a Shadow.

Only assassin that will beat a sentinel are the ones in tank spec with dps gear. Infil/Deception and madness/the pub counterpart along with full tank (gear + spec) sins/shadows are no threat at all.

Assassins also lose to PTs and Vanguards.

People that are hitting those huge huge numbers have pocket healers keeping them alive to deal damage. I normally hit 300-400k on my assassin but when someone is keeping me alive, I can hit 500-700k.

Yep. Almost none of the smashers (at least imperial side) on BC ever queue without their pocket healers.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Lol. An assassin in any spec losing to a PT/VG is either ridiculously bad or has shroud on CD AND ran out of luck.

hehe,, Shroud is very obvious to see and easy to counter with a stun and wait it out - what 3 seconds - 5 if spec'd. /yawn Now the Mara-sent's, its a little harder to counter and not as obvious to see, unless you're watching the buff bar, and know what to look for.

Who's kidding who? I ground up all variants of all classes to level 50 to see how each class worked. The best way to beat your opponent is to know what they can and can not do.

Sorry, but sentinal and slam build guardians have to be some of the easiest classes to be successful with. I have been sticking with my Merc now for some time. So don't even TRY to call me a FOTM player. If I was one of those, I would have dumped my broken class a long time ago.

The truth is that sentinal is a very very easy class to play. I am sorry to say that, but it is just fact. People ( being the general masses ) tend to drift toward the easiest to play classes. It is pretty common in MMO's particularly. You have more utility than any class I can think of, while doing insane amounts of damage.

That is why it was so easy to do so well in recruit gear, when I played it for a few days... because it is frankly an unbalanced class. This is why I decided against playing it. I hate FOTM classes and this is FOTY. Been out of whack for a loooong time. Honestly I would not be surprised to see a lot of changes in 1.7. And when it happens.. I will read all the QQ's here from people talking about how balanced sentinal currently is.. but I will not shed 1 tear.

Please tell me your an arsenal merc. If you are and you say that sentinel is very very very easy to okay then wow lol

hehe,, Shroud is very obvious to see and easy to counter with a stun and wait it out - what 3 seconds - 5 if spec'd. /yawn Now the Mara-sent's, its a little harder to counter and not as obvious to see, unless you're watching the buff bar, and know what to look for.

Except you can't stun someone with shroud up.

I might be weird but I rolled a sentinel recently and it's not easy...

You have so many abilities and you have to use them correctly at the correct time. Also you are the victim to being first stunned and rooted if you get ahead of your team

I play combat and watchman and both have a skill/learning curve

You can pretend its easy but it's not. I see so many terrible marauders and sentinels who have decent numbers but die constantly and don't contribute to their team.

I personally have a great respect for good sentinels and marauders and I didn't have it before leveling one.

Those of who you yell fotm or easy class, probably have low standards of success

Edited by Riggz

heres my advice for any mara/sentinels

throw your 41 pts in any order in any tree in any slots... it doesnt rly matter

next,

attack someone in a warzone, click one of you 378734 defensive cooldowns, watch them die

great success

21 posts! We made it 21 posts before this turned into blatant nerf sent/mara QQ. Not a record or anything, but still pretty impressive.

I might be weird but I rolled a sentinel recently and it's not easy...

You have so many abilities and you have to use them correctly at the correct time. Also you are the victim to being first stunned and rooted if you get ahead of your team

I play combat and watchman and both have a skill/learning curve

You can pretend its easy but it's not. I see so many terrible marauders and sentinels who have decent numbers but die constantly and don't contribute to their team.

I personally have a great respect for good sentinels and marauders and I didn't have it before leveling one.

Those of who you yell fotm or easy class, probably have low standards of success

Spot on Wrex. As I said anyone can do damage, surviving is the tricky part. And I don't mean running away with force camo, or queuing with pocket healers. :p