Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

TripleCharged

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thread is a troll. "the stealth classes beat me up mommy" well then son maybe stop running off alone believing ur superman. Stealthers don't attack big groups unless they know your an easy target and survive 4-5 people assaulting and killing them just to kill you.

Stop being easy to kill. Stop running off alone. Or keep dying. Your choice.

• 2 weeks later...
With the new warzone one stealther can completely null the other teams points at each pylon explosion by stealth capping the point. Yet another reason why stealthers need to be fixed in this game. And all it takes is 2 stealthers 2 guarentee a capped point now. And because you do not get defender points for guarding a pylon people are not motivated to even attempt to defend it so a stealther showing up to an unguarded place can easy cap without the other team having any possibility of reacting. Anyone who thinks stealth in SWTOR is balanced is just being ignorant or just completely stupid.

Nobody can stun you while stealthed. They can stun you from stealth, after which they lose stealth.

As for getting 50% of your health taken away, part of that is gear, part of that is you not knowing how to kite, and part of that is you not using your cc breaker at the right time. Ops front load their damage so CC break asap if you're in BM. Shadows/sins are back loaded damage and extremely predictable. If you use your CC breaker on spike then yeah, you're going to lose a ton of health when they stun you after. Finally, you probably suck at using your kbs--don't spam it like a retard as soon as you take damage, position yourself so that you knock them into hazards or other players.

~Eggs

Edit: how the fark is this 13 pages...

Everything you stated I do properly every time. Obviously sometimes I **** it up and suffer because of that but when I do everything properly and an assassin or op can keep me controlled as I attempt to stun and run that is just broken. And I guess you have never heard of a mez... If you do know what they are, Yes, i do not break a mez.

With the new warzone one stealther can completely null the other teams points at each pylon explosion by stealth capping the point. Yet another reason why stealthers need to be fixed in this game.

Well no... Actually NO : because if a team has the possibility to sacrifice one stealther to cap THEN the other team ALSO has the possibility to sacrifice a stealther to guard the node.

Try again...

Well no... Actually NO : because if a team has the possibility to sacrifice one stealther to cap THEN the other team ALSO has the possibility to sacrifice a stealther to guard the node.

Try again...

In a ranked match this would make sense.

But if you read my entire statement you will see you do not get defender points for guarding a pylon so for most situations it will be unguarded. And this is still a very specific tactic so it likely wont happen everytime.

I do not feel like going through every page of this thread. What are your proposed "fixes" you wish to make to the stealth classes.

I am not a developer so I can not even try to comprehend how to balance it properly, but one change I can think of is making it so while stealthers are stealthed, their cooldowns to not go down. So that if they do want to hide and wait for cooldowns they will have to be unstealthed and it will extend the time that they have to wait between each insta-gib.

I am not a developer so I can not even try to comprehend how to balance it properly, but one change I can think of is making it so while stealthers are stealthed, their cooldowns to not go down. So that if they do want to hide and wait for cooldowns they will have to be unstealthed and it will extend the time that they have to wait between each insta-gib.

I think you need to go roll a stealth class. Think it was suggested to you before, but I am not saying it to troll. You really could use an understanding of their mechanics. It could help you counter, as well as actually have an idea of what can be changed. Right now you seem to willing to whack em without any regard to how it actually would affect the play of the classes.

I think you need to go roll a stealth class. Think it was suggested to you before, but I am not saying it to troll. You really could use an understanding of their mechanics. It could help you counter, as well as actually have an idea of what can be changed. Right now you seem to willing to whack em without any regard to how it actually would affect the play of the classes.

I have attempted to play a stealth class and I just can not. I do not have the mentality of choosing my fights and waiting around for opportunities to arise. I just jump in and damage things. Yes, i try to be choosy about who I am fighting and how i fight them but I dont sit in a corner and wait for someone to walk by or pick out a weaker target in a group that is farther away.

I have attempted to play a stealth class and I just can not. I do not have the mentality of choosing my fights and waiting around for opportunities to arise. I just jump in and damage things. Yes, i try to be choosy about who I am fighting and how i fight them but I dont sit in a corner and wait for someone to walk by or pick out a weaker target in a group that is farther away.

Yet you make it sound so easy when you ask for a nerf.

Are you able to go solo cap and steal the side nodes on one?

Have you seen what messes you up when you do find a target?

Edited by Technohic

Yet you make it sound so easy when you ask for a nerf.

Are you able to go solo cap and steal the side nodes on one?

Have you seen what messes you up when you do find a target?

I can easily walk over and steal a point lol.

It's like lifting candy of a table. Obviously this is sub50 pvp but my character was barely 20 before I deleted him and I could steal any point from one defender.

Well now that the obvious is out of the way...

That change you speak of would absolutely cripple all of the assassin specs outside of darkness. Deception heavily relies on stealth and madness is one of the squishiest class in the game.

Edited by cycao

In a ranked match this would make sense.

But if you read my entire statement you will see you do not get defender points for guarding a pylon so for most situations it will be unguarded. And this is still a very specific tactic so it likely wont happen everytime.

What are you talking about ??? For most situations you get no defender points so it gets unguarded ? Well would you rather loose the game by being petty and only doing things that reward medals ?

That's actually what will make you loose the game, this attitude you have.

It's not about defender point, it's about tactic, and likely won't happen everytime ?

Well welcome to meta-game...

The more these last few second caps happen, the more teams will leave a stealther near the node to ensure the crediting.

I know I, as a stealther, already always sacrifice myself to guard it and always wonder why noone is coming to try to cap at last second... To the point I think I may have missed something...

You have demonstrated throughout this whole thread you have absolutely no clue about PvP, about tactic, about metagame, about teams, about learning, well about almost *everything* PvP related...

It's all 1v1 for you, and medals and scoreboards.

No wonder you have problems with stealthers...

Edited by Shoogli

What are you talking about ??? For most situations you get no defender points so it gets unguarded ? Well would you rather loose the game by being petty and only doing things that reward medals ?

That's actually what will make you loose the game, this attitude you have.

It's not about defender point, it's about tactic, and likely won't happen everytime ?

Well welcome to meta-game...

The more these last few second caps happen, the more teams will leave a stealther near the node to ensure the crediting.

I know I, as a stealther, already always sacrifice myself to guard it and always wonder why noone is coming to try to cap at last second... To the point I think I may have missed something...

You have demonstrated throughout this whole thread you have absolutely no clue about PvP, about tactic, about metagame, about teams, about learning, well about almost *everything* PvP related...

It's all 1v1 for you, and medals and scoreboards.

No wonder you have problems with stealthers...

I attempt to guard it but as a fresh 50 in mostly recruit gear I get inst killed by any stealther, and even when I call out for help no one even attempts to show up. If I was a stealther I would spend time defending it because it is important but in a pug group more then likely no one is going to care. And for me I might as well stop defending because without my full elite war hero set the only reason I am playing so much PVP is so that I can earn my full elite war hero set and do much better.

Well now that the obvious is out of the way...

That change you speak of would absolutely cripple all of the assassin specs outside of darkness. Deception heavily relies on stealth and madness is one of the squishiest class in the game.

It is like you ignored my first sentence when you wrote this response.

Edited by TripleCharged

I can easily walk over and steal a point lol.

It's like lifting candy of a table. Obviously this is sub50 pvp but my character was barely 20 before I deleted him and I could steal any point from one defender.

You playing against a terrible defender does not point out anything OP about stealthers. Without stealth, I have walked up to somewhere like mid in CW and capped the node behind 5 enemy players in sub-50, who were busy fighting the rest of my team. Grant it, stealth makes it easier to get there undetected, but you have to unstealth to cap, and capping does take some time. If you sit there in stealth trying to do that when the enemy shows no signs of being un-alert though, you are wasting your time and a spot in the warzone for your team.

EDIT: And from your last post; nor does being inexcusably undergeared and on a crappy team that can't respond to your calls; justifies stealthers being op

Edited by Technohic

From what I'm gathering the OP has a lot to learn about PvP.

A ranged class... especially under geared is asking to get capped on. They CAN make good defenders... but only in the hands of a smart player. I rarely see a good ranged class. Between you adn your team someone should figure that one out. If not... well... that's the way it goes sometimes. I've been on those teams too and end up guarding with my sorc simply because someone else won't. Not ideal, but it happens.

I haven't really read much in this thread but from the little bits that I'm reading... it's just misconceptions about how you feel your class should work and poor team play by many teams you're in. Happens all the time. Especially if any of this is regarding the 10-49 bracket.

Sadly... it only improves a little in the 50 bracket.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

You playing against a terrible defender does not point out anything OP about stealthers. Without stealth, I have walked up to somewhere like mid in CW and capped the node behind 5 enemy players in sub-50, who were busy fighting the rest of my team. Grant it, stealth makes it easier to get there undetected, but you have to unstealth to cap, and capping does take some time. If you sit there in stealth trying to do that when the enemy shows no signs of being un-alert though, you are wasting your time and a spot in the warzone for your team.

When it comes to stealing points I am not talking about the person not responding to me capping, it is about how easily i can kill them then take the node, it is a joke. Ive taken on level 49's with expertise as my crummy scoundrel and they just do not have a chance, one of the only ways to counter it is to have the defender be stealthed. Which doesn solve the problem at all because an operative stealthed fighting an unstealthed scoundrel is just stupid as well. Which brings up the fact that stealthers also excel at defending a point because when that person tries to cap it they get stunned and brought down just like a stealther preying on an unstealthed defender. The only chance the unstealthed offender has against the stealthed defender is getting lucky with an AOE to pop them out or getting lucky with spotting them.(notice both are luck based)

It is like you ignored my first sentence when you wrote this response.

Quite the opposite because that change is well, plain stupid. If you want to fix something you better have a good idea on how to fix it without throwing out changes without the slightest comprehension on how it will completely change the class and how its designed.