Hot Topic, Hot Pocket, Hot Mail, Hot Tub, Hot Prospects NOT HOT

Lunafox

It seems the general consensus is that Hot Prospects isn't Hot and because of this Prospects are low. Is it carved in stone? Can it be changed?

If so, what would you change it to?

I nominate the new name to be "Wretched Hive" it works, I think lol. :cool:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the name Hot Prospects.... sounds like the new home of Ebon Hawk RP (even though it's not.) Hope the east coast players will come home.

Harbinger is merging into it, no way RPers would want to go near that

Wretched Hive is perfect I think, or if they need to be more subtle, Mos Eisley

Harbinger is merging into it, no way RPers would want to go near that

Wretched Hive is perfect I think, or if they need to be more subtle, Mos Eisley

Except that Beregen Colony, former RP server, has no choice.

It would be neat if we could vote on a server name change. I'm already seeing alot of people not liking this server name, I think BW should open it up to the community to vote on a new name. It could be fun and make the community feel apart of something like picking a server name, I'm not all that thrilled about it either, sounds like a strip club I would never go to.

It would be neat if we could vote on a server name change. I'm already seeing alot of people not liking this server name, I think BW should open it up to the community to vote on a new name. It could be fun and make the community feel apart of something like picking a server name, I'm not all that thrilled about it either, sounds like a strip club I would never go to.

Noooooooooooooooo, but only as long as they let those on Malgus not vote.:rak_03:

I would think one of the many dozens of original server names from launch would be much better.

Also, Darth Malgus is pretty lame too.

The game launched with a lot of good server names. The ones we currently have are also very decent.

If there's only 5 total, each should get a good, KoTOR-referencing name, even if it's one that's been used in the past.

Lastly, why no Jedi names? That should be an obvious replacement for Hot Prospect, especially when you have Tulak Horde and Darth Malgus.

Edited by arunav

I would think one of the many dozens of original server names from launch would be much better.

I think that could have been potentially confusing. New server with a brand new name is the best option imo. But I know people may not like the chosen names. I didn't like all of the old names either or the current ones.

I'd be fine with all of them except The Hot Prospect.

Edited by Eshvara

*nods* I was skimming so fast yesterday I think I missed the part where those are the new server names!?! :rod_confused_g::mon_trap::w_confused::t_tongue::jawa_tongue:

Hot Prospects!?!? ><

I think they could come up with something better. I'd still be ok with an old server name like...

*Starsider

*Ahazi

Or, hell, just as a nod to some of us out here....

*Galaxies

But at this point I think even just ripping the name from one of the main ships from FEET makes more sense still:

*The Gravestone

Hot Prospects!?! Really!?!? C'mon, Devs!!! You can't do this to your players; and don't give us, "It's not my fault, they told me they fixed it!" Cuz it's too Hoth in here for that. lol

Well, the Hot Prospect was the name of Zayne Carrick's ship...maybe they should name it after Zayne's *other* ship!

The Last Resort.

Heheh... :p

At least this one doesn't give me a mental pic of a Twi'lek dancing on a table.:D

Noooooooooooooooo, but only as long as they let those on Malgus not vote.:rak_03:

We NEED a vote to change Malgus. It's a terrible name for a server! He failed. He lost. His pathetic vision of a new Empire ended in a disaster for him and his comrades. Who in his or her right mind would want to play on a server with his name? :p

It's also a bad choice because he is an Imperial character. Die-hard reps don't want to play on a server named after an imperial swine. I honestly despise Malgus. He already ruined the CE box. An ugly, disgusting mofu. Büährks! :mad:

Or let me try the emancipation card: Why always male characters as namegivers? If our server will be named after a char from the game, it should be a woman, like Master Shan. (Who - I know - is a rep char.)

I think that it is a bad idea to name a server after a character, because there are always people who like or dislike a certain character. I personally would prefer neutral location names as server names, like: Dune Sea. Highmount Ridge. Juran Mountains. Names like that. But maybe from planets not in game (Onderon, for example).

TL;DR: Server names should be neutral and not be names from persons in the game or KotOR series.

Edited by JattaGin

We NEED a vote to change Malgus. It's a terrible name for a server! He failed. He lost. His pathetic vision of a new Empire ended in a disaster for him and his comrades. Who in his or her right mind would want to play on a server with his name? :p

It's also a bad choice because he is an Imperial character. Die-hard reps don't want to play on a server named after an imperial swine. I honestly despise Malgus. He already ruined the CE box. An ugly, disgusting mofu. Büährks! :mad:

Or let me try the emancipation card: Why always male characters as namegivers? If our server will be named after a char from the game, it should be a woman, like Master Shan. (Who - I know - is a rep char.)

I think that it is a bad idea to name a server after a character, because there are always people who like or dislike a certain character. I personally would prefer neutral location names as server names, like: Dune Sea. Highmount Ridge. Juran Mountains. Names like that. But maybe from planets not in game (Onderon, for example).

TL;DR: Server names should be neutral and not be names from persons in the game or KotOR series.

Rude!!!

How dare you insult my Malgus...!?:eek:

he's the most magnificent, sexy, completely insane(in the right way) and the greatest imperial Sith Boss ever. "especially after his facial scars👌" Bioware just didn't do him justice like Revan. Imo, you deserve coal for Christmas.🎅 For an entire 5 years.

I don't really care about female server names as a female myself. Though Darth Talon would be a cool name too, for a server I'm not on.:rak_03:

Now there's a server called The Jedi Covenant, imperial players may not have liked that either, but I don't see people complaining.

I don't like your suggestions tbh, they seem bland mixed with a load of boring.😕 I'm sure there are better neutral names out there. :)

TLDR: We get to serve(pun intended)under our King and one day to be Emperor Darth Malgus, my body is ready, and yours better be too.:rak_03:

I don't honestly think they will keep the name, it sounds like a strip club.

But I do think it was a genius move, of all the names from Star Wars they picked one that a negative feel to it so that when they change it to something more recognizable in the old republic timeline they can say 'look we listen to player feedback' not on the current state of the game but on the naming of a server. But they will still say look at us and what we did for you.

Well not everyone is going to agree on a name, and no matter what it is in the end, someone will hate it. They could go really boring:

East Coast - USA

West Coast - USA

French - Europe

German - Europe

English - Europe

That makes things nice and tidy, doesn't it? Boring and bland, yes, but easy for people to know exactly what server to join or transfer to. :p