8 vs 8 Ranked would be a massive disaster + Solution to AFK in Warzones and Ragequits

DavidAtkinson

8v8 ranked would indeed be a disaster.. The population is not high enough for that anymore that's not even considering the fact almost all of the classes have out grown the 8v8 maps it would be pointless. About the rage quitters this happens in every game people quit the second a team caps their natural node in civil war a second before your team caps theirs it cant be fixed it never will be and even if it could bioware wont care enough to.

I can see that many of the replies seemed to not remember or never played 8v8 ranked when we did have it.

There was no solo queue. You formed an operations group with your friends/guildies and queued as an entire group. If someone rage quit, you knew exactly who that person was and you could either boot them from the ops or tell them to pop a chill pill.

Solo 8v8 would be disastrous, but what we once had, the "premade-only" 8v8 ranked was very fun, competitive, and enjoyable. I wish they would bring it back.

The solution is to make all PvP Ranked.

Problem solved.

That wouldn't eliminate ragequitting however because it happens just as frequently in regs. Enemy team captures two nodes early or goes up to 2-0 in Hutball? One to three people on the losing team immediately quit. It happens nearly every match.

For whatever reason there are some sore losers who just can't accept a loss and would rather quit than stick it out. The funny thing, at least for rags, is probably half the time these people quit too early and the match turns around.

I think 8vs8 Ranked would be possible.

just do it like Blade & Soul:

1. 8vs8 Ranked Solo Queue (the new normal queue - no premades allowed) - everybody will play objective and there will be no more quitters because no one wants to lose rating.

Besides so many people queue for regs every day i think most people would not mind to have an ELO system there.

People would still queue for regs with or without rating/ELO system.

2. 8vs8 Team Ranked Queue

3. 4vs4 Ranked Arenas

remove normal (unranked) completely and remove Solo Arena Queue.

Edited by Tharianus

I can see that many of the replies seemed to not remember or never played 8v8 ranked when we did have it.

There was no solo queue. You formed an operations group with your friends/guildies and queued as an entire group. If someone rage quit, you knew exactly who that person was and you could either boot them from the ops or tell them to pop a chill pill.

Solo 8v8 would be disastrous, but what we once had, the "premade-only" 8v8 ranked was very fun, competitive, and enjoyable. I wish they would bring it back.

It was indeed fun and for many of the players I knew and guild members of mine the only reason to stay subbed as PVE content for the vast majority of the ranked 8v8 era aka "pre season one" lul was EC HM which most capable groups had on farm within a months time and TFB which again both great ops that I still enjoy to this day however time between was too long and the ops themselves are considered by DP/DF/tos standards "easy/gear farming ops" to your point about wishing to bring 8s back I don't think it would play out well with the current state of PVP as I cant see competitive matchs of quesh huttball and oddessen proving ground being a thing lol One mediocre knock back can shut down even the most coordinate pushes easily on that map which would force teams to go for an "air raid" style of push in other words passing the ball play around the map which than introduces more RNG factors being involved not to mention the horrid rubber banding and other issues that map suffers lol oddessen proving ground is nothing but an example of how not to make a competitive pvp map IE gunslinger/sniper hunker down deactivate node Random power up RNG all this sours the taste of competition. The old maps are too aged I think for how the classes have grown over the years almost all classes in game now can somehow or another make it from one side of the map to the other (vanguard hold the line) in a matter of seconds where as in the past this was not possible so coordination, teamwork and communication was needed as these fail safes were not in place. I agree solo 8v8 would be a mess and not worth the player bases time or biowares that being said team 8v8 ranked would follow suit I think with the population of this game being what it is. In a matter of weeks harb would have probably 1-2 teams queuing and the queue would once again be dead.

Don't get me wrong 8v8 ranked was the best competitive gaming experience i've ever been involved in the most intense the most fun however many factors back when 8s were a thing are gone now I just don't think it would work. group 4v4 hardly happens on the US servers from what I understand tho i could be misinformed.

Edited by mfourcustom

I think 8vs8 Ranked would be possible.

just do it like Blade & Soul:

1. 8vs8 Ranked Solo Queue (the new normal queue - no premades allowed) - everybody will play objective and there will be no more quitters because no one wants to lose rating.

People already quit solo ranked all the time. Why would it be different in this format?

People already quit solo ranked all the time. Why would it be different in this format?

true but i think it would prevent more people from quitting because the playerbase is larger

You could implement a penalty/debuff (for arenas, too):

- if you quit a game you have to join forces with other quitters aswell for your next game (so you tend to lose the second game, too so you have to play it from the beginning until the end to get rid of the penality/debuff.

Just a suggestion.. would not be that hard to implement

Last evening I was thinking about the possibility of 8 vs 8 ranked and how it would work out and I have come to the conclusion that it would be a massive disaster. A lot worse than 4vs4 is now.

Yes, I know many of you would like to see it happening but believe me: The main reason why this form of PVP would never work is the community itself.

First of all Imagine the typical Civil War 8vs 8 ranked match. Team A vs team B.

- The match starts and team B realizes very quickly that team A is better and is going to win. Do you think that team B is going to waste time and stay till the end ? Nope... they would be kinda gone, aka ragequit.

The second problem is that the community is really small.... Not enough people are playing ranked to make it happen and furthermore they would have to get rid of 4vs4 in favor of 8 vs 8 because it wouldn't be possible for both to coexist. ALso, only solo que would work for 8vs8 because it's a pain to group for 4vs4 TR, imagine how painful it would be to find ppl for 8 vs8

I was thinking about how would the que work. Solo que like in regs the pop would work the same way as it does or 4vs4. healers and tanks get pops only if other tanks and heals are in que and they get into both teams. If no healers and no tanks are in que than 8 vs 8 would be with dps only.

I would like to see 8vs8 happen because I consider 4vs4 to be trash. it's to small teams ganking each other in a very narrow space. Where is the fun in that ?:rolleyes:

Solution to AFK and Ragequits.

Now this is the real part. In the last few days my PVP experience has been very annoying due these absolute scum and trash players who enjoy PVP only when their team is winning or they have this absolute toxic sense of entitlement that they deserve to win.

AFK Solution:

If the scum is afk for more than 30 seconds he gets the deserter stuff and if the still isn't active after another 45 seconds he will be removed from warzone the same way we get removed if we dont' leave starter area. Problem fixed, team gets rid of AFK players very fast and for good. Why the hell do you even que if you are trash and just stay afk in the corner to get the rewards while your team is trying to win ? ****

Ragequit solution:

Now this is the most annoying part of the pvp community. I was in Voidstar match vs reps on TRE yesterday and we kinda won our first attacker round. Got to the last area.

In round 2 we held out at first door for like 2 minutes when the reps planted and guess what happened ? When they planted the bomb, THREEE of our "Heroes" ragequitted instantly. BAAM ! THey were gone. After the bridge was lowered, another PVP superstart thought that it's time to leave. Ofc we won in the end... :rolleyes:

What's with this trash mentality ? I mean what the hell ? PVP is nice only when you are winning and people feel like quitting the second the enemy team might have an advantage ? With this kind of attitude there is no hope that PVP can be improved much.

Solution: If you ragequit, you will no longer receive any CXP,, Components for the next 30 mins. Solved ;)

However there is a problem here... that if someone gets disconnected. What would happen then ?

We have had 8 v 8 for years and it was fine. However at that time we didn't have ranked PvP seasons or rewards. They wanted to increase ranked participants overall so they killed 8 v 8 a few years back. I loved 8 v 8 and would do it again. I personally find 4 v 4 Boring but that's just me.