The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in San Francisco

CourtneyWoods

good times.

highlights: got a lil info on dreadful orb. got to meet my guildies and do shots with em. played a demo by lat ware that uses brain waves for game mechanics. got to geek out with damion about maro. last but not least, seeing the team having a meal at mel's diner as i walked to the parking garage... just like me and my homies always do.

this event made it clear that the game in not in the hands of people asleep at the wheel, and who are eager to ensure that good ideas flourish and feedback is valued.

This was fun and it was good to meet some folx from LucasArts, too. As dipstik said, it's clear that they do know about all of the issues, even if they can't fix all of them immediately or want to wait until they can do it right. Also, it was clear how much they wanted feedback on 2.0, so go get on the PTS and let them know what you think.

We attended the event last night in San Francisco and it was very interesting - met some really nice players too. Mostly male attended, with a couple of females like us :) Not sure how many attended, we were all squished into the restaurants private room to the side of the main dining room. But there were around 100 I think. A couple of people came in costume and they were all asked to come up to the front and get some swag, so if you have a costume wear it at the next event!!

The Devs were very enthusiastic and I believe tried to answer questions honestly. Right now they are all concentrating on the expansion, and asked everyone to go on PTS to test it out and to please post comments on the PTS forum. They said they need our input before the expansion launches.

Am trying to remember some of the questions, we didn't write them down unfortunately ... will edit this as I remember...

We also took some photos, so will post them soon.

can we please tell us something about the future in the game?

decorate our ships

animal mounts

Damian Schubert's response was that things like ship decorations and animal mounts were something he expected would sell well in the cartel market. My interpretation was that we may see them sooner, rather than later.