Who is the Emperor?

enkryptor

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is set almost 4000 years before the SW movies.

The Emperor in this game is a shadowy racial Sith character in control of the Sith Empire which is different from the Galactic Empire ruled by Emperor Palpatine aka Darth Sidious.

At this point in galactic history, the Republic is not the only government state in the SW universe. The Empire is the Sith empire wich competes with the republic on the galactic political scene. Very much like the USA and the USSR of the Cold War.

It also seems to me that the Sith are the race of people that practice a anti-Jedi religion which will later evolve into the 2 man Sith teams of the SW movies.

They say the emperor is undying, obviously a person that is sustained by the dark side resulting in an unnaturally long life.

The Galactic Empire of Emperor Palpatine is the resurrected version and goal of the original Sith Empire, hence the same type of uniforms and the same general shape of the ships.

Vitate but some say Revan killed him the dark council allowed him to do so. they wanted the power. Read the books :) Not for sure though.

HOWEVER since you are on a Roleplay server you don't know and never will.

So to you on a roleplay world he is The Emperor.

Edited by Zantul

The new book "Revan" says the emperor is a young smith who used a ritual to suck ALL life and force off of the planet he was on and into his own body. This gave him immortality. It also suggests these souls are trapped inside him. The planet now is a null zone in the force. There is no life, no force, and even the light is dimmer than normal as an after affect.

This game is set 3643 years Before the Battle of Yavin (Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope).

In the years 7003-6900 BBY, a galactic conflict known as the "Hundred-Year Darkness" occurred (aka the "Second Great Schism"). It was essentially a civil war, as members of the early Jedi Order turned their backs on the Order's teachings and embraced the Dark Side of the Force. These were among the first of the Dark Jedi, who fought not only their former compatriots in the Jedi Order but also sought to seize control of the Galactic Republic.

The Dark Jedi were ultimately defeated and went into exile, venturing into unknown space. They found a planet called Korriban, populated by a species known as Sith. The Dark Jedi conquered Korriban and founded the first Sith Order, naming themselves the Dark Lords of the Sith. They remained in seclusion, away from the Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic, until 5000 BBY. During that time, they lost the hyperspace information necessary to return to Republic space, though they never lost their hatred for the Jedi. Over those nearly 2000 years, the Dark Lords had carved out a Sith Empire in that area of space unknown to the Republic.

In 5000 BBY, two civilian explorers from the Republic stumbled onto the Sith Empire at Korriban. The Dark Lord Naga Sadow used their arrival and subsequent imprisonment as a means to rise to power, claiming an impending Republic attack. The Sith Empire returned to "known" space to wage war against the Republic and the Jedi Order in a conflict known as the Great Hyperspace War. During this time, a Sith Lord known as Vitiate ruled over the planet Nathema. In the waning days of the war, as the Republic forces were chasing retreating Sith forces back into Sith territory, Vitiate called together a powerful group of remaining Sith Lords with the promise that he could save the Empire. He performed a Dark Side ritual on Nathema that devoured literally everything organic on the planet - people, plants, animals down to even insects. This ritual imbued in Vitiate immense Dark Side Force power, and has essentially allowed him to enjoy immortality ever since.

As the Republic forces battled the remnants of Sadow's fleet at Korriban, Lord Vitiate led an armada deeper into the Unknown Regions, fleeing the vengeful Republic. For twenty years they traveled, until they reached a long-lost world Sith world known as Dromund Kaas. Once there, the armada's journey ended, and Vitiate declared himself Emperor of the Sith Empire. For his part, Naga Sadow retreated to Yavin IV, where his few remaining Massassi slaves built many temples - including the one that the Alliance to Restore the Republic would ultimately use as their base of operations when the Galactic Empire's Death Star was destroyed, and where Luke Skywalker would found a Praxeum to re-establish the Jedi Order.

For more information on Vitiate, see Drew Karpyshyn's The Old Republic: Revan novel.

Edited by psychogobstopper

The new book "Revan" says the emperor is a young smith who used a ritual to suck ALL life and force off of the planet he was on and into his own body. This gave him immortality. It also suggests these souls are trapped inside him. The planet now is a null zone in the force. There is no life, no force, and even the light is dimmer than normal as an after affect.

The new book is total crap.

It was penned by a hack writer who never even knew about KOTOR until they cut him a check. He plays fast and lose with the facts and changes the plot of KOTOR (yes changes it) to fit his silly story.

I will strike down your heresy darthhavok, and your silly belief in Revan (the book). =)

Edited by Petrus

It was penned by a hack writer who never even knew about KOTOR until they cut him a check. He plays fast and lose with the facts, changes the plot of KOTOR (yes changes it) to fit his silly story.

Considering he was extensively involved in the writing of the first KOTOR, I would venture that Drew Karpyshyn likely knows quite a bit more about the game than you do.

I don' really know who the Emperor is, but I know how he got to power:

A long time ago, the Emperor was a young Sith, who convinced the Dark Council to perform a dark ritual, to make them stronger. But what happened instead, is that the young Sith sucked all the power from the planet they committed the ritual, thus coming immortal(or extremely long lived). And on the end of the Jedi Knight story, he is going to perform it again on the whole world. I don't know any more, I didn't make it far enough.

It was penned by a hack writer who never even knew about KOTOR until they cut him a check. He plays fast and lose with the facts and changes the plot of KOTOR (yes changes it) to fit his silly story.

I will strike down your heresy darthhavok, and your silly belief in Revan (the book). =)

This is incorrect. Drew Karpyshyn wrote a large portion of the KotOR storyline. Also, he did not change the story of KotOR, they simply decided that the lightside path was cannon.

The Emperor in this game is a shadowy racial Sith character in control of the Sith Empire which is different from the Galactic Empire ruled by Emperor Palpatine aka Darth Sidious.

At this point in galactic history, the Republic is not the only government state in the SW universe. The Empire is the Sith empire wich competes with the republic on the galactic political scene. Very much like the USA and the USSR of the Cold War.

It also seems to me that the Sith are the race of people that practice a anti-Jedi religion which will later evolve into the 2 man Sith teams of the SW movies.

They say the emperor is undying, obviously a person that is sustained by the dark side resulting in an unnaturally long life.

The Galactic Empire of Emperor Palpatine is the resurrected version and goal of the original Sith Empire, hence the same type of uniforms and the same general shape of the ships.

Dood... The emperor is not a pureblooded Sith... There is just NO WAY he is...

The Pureblooded Siths were enslaved by a few Dark Jedis running away from the order... Those dark jedis called them selfs Lords of the Siths... becouse the siths were their Slaves...

After centurys they started to breed among themselfs, and the Half Breed Siths x Humans assumed the power Naga Sadow, Ludo Kresh, Marka Ragnos, so on...

Possible spoiler:

First off, please excuse my ignorance here since I am a "new" Star Wars fan. This is what I know so far. I've read all the KOTOR books, well, except for Red Harvest, of which I am reading now. I also been looking through the Wookiepedia entries as well. From what I can gather the Emperor appears to be Vitiate as he is the only person who was referred to as an Emperor in the KOTOR timeline. It was also mentioned that eventually he was overthrown by the Dark Council, of which turns into the Brotherhood of Darkness and subsequently destroyed by Darth Bane.

On a side note: Darth Bane and Darth Malgus are so far my favorite Sith's. Vader may be awesome, but Episode 1-3 ruined it for me. Damn you Hayden Christensen!!!

Possible spoiler:

First off, please excuse my ignorance here since I am a "new" Star Wars fan. This is what I know so far. I've read all the KOTOR books, well, except for Red Harvest, of which I am reading now. I also been looking through the Wookiepedia entries as well. From what I can gather the Emperor appears to be Vitiate as he is the only person who was referred to as an Emperor in the KOTOR timeline. It was also mentioned that eventually he was overthrown by the Dark Council, of which turns into the Brotherhood of Darkness and subsequently destroyed by Darth Bane.

On a side note: Darth Bane and Darth Malgus are so far my favorite Sith's. Vader may be awesome, but Episode 1-3 ruined it for me. Damn you Hayden Christensen!!!

Dood, you have the time, read the Exar Kun comics...

Bane and Exar are awsome hehe

• 1 month later...

couldn't also be darth sidious because wasn't he darth plagueis the wises apprentace and didn't know how to stay alive forever until darth sidious killed him in his sleep and didm't darth sidious learn how to stay alive forever like his master

Dood... The emperor is not a pureblooded Sith... There is just NO WAY he is...

The Pureblooded Siths were enslaved by a few Dark Jedis running away from the order... Those dark jedis called them selfs Lords of the Siths... becouse the siths were their Slaves...

After centurys they started to breed among themselfs, and the Half Breed Siths x Humans assumed the power Naga Sadow, Ludo Kresh, Marka Ragnos, so on...

They weren't enslaved. More like opressed, but the Sith started willingly worshiping the Dark Jedi soon enough, seeing them as gods.

That being said, the Emperor's biological father was Sith, but his mother was (most likely) human. So he is like.. 1/4 Sith considering that in those times the "purebloods" weren't all that "pure" already.