Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

What's going on with this forum today?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been getting this problem since last night (it ate a post I was doing and everything :mad:), and I've never seen this behavior with the forum before. It will either time-out or freeze up in the page loading loop, or it will eventually hit the "the forum is undergoing maintenance" message. Since it's happening to more than just me, makes me think there's something happening on the server side. :confused:

Delete cookies etc,

It's not a client side issue.

or just use refresh website, should be fine :)

Having to refresh until the web server successfully responds is the point of the post.

The last few days have been this way for swtor.com - account page, forums, and the website as a whole is experiencing an apparent issue that makes it intermittently non-accessible.

Edited by michaelcshow

The Last 2 nights my browser kept timing out before reaching the forums; its required several tries every time to finally get here. Glad to know it isn't only me :), or not actually, it now means other people are being inconvenienced aswell. Hope they get it fixed soon.

I'm not that stupid man, you don't seriously think I did not try that before I said anything do you?

Sorry but you never know. There are various people out there. People laugh when you tell them to try basic stuff and that mostly works. You never know what that person has in his computer so starting from start is the best way.

Same issue here, if i got to google and search on swtor I can click the link showing and it loads quick. If i type in the webpage it keeps loading and eventually i get the maintenance page.

Sorry but you never know. There are various people out there. People laugh when you tell them to try basic stuff and that mostly works. You never know what that person has in his computer so starting from start is the best way.

well for future reference, I even know how to turn the computer off and back on again too, so when trying to help, you can start with something useful.

well for future reference, I even know how to turn the computer off and back on again too, so when trying to help, you can start with something useful.

But do you know how to open the right web browser? AOL isn't a thing anymore. ;)

No, seriously, I've been having this problem too for about 3 days. After posting, doesn't redirect back correctly, certain pages take forever to load (dev post tracker is often completely inaccessible, for example) and eventually lead to "maintenance" page.

So nice to know it's not me. Also, been getting DC'd from in game several times a night in the same 3-day period. Maybe something weird is going on with the servers, or an undersea cable, or the "internet service in Austin" is acting up again ;).

You never know someone's computer literacy so you start with the basics first until it's established. If it's annoying, oh well. Computer literate people know about the F5 key, but you can't know that just because you're on the same forum. You'd be surprised at how many times I have to tell people to reboot and they're amazed it worked.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We were getting a few sporadic reports of this late yesterday as well but weren't able to reproduce it on our side. I am going to send the details from this thread over to the team now and see if we can determine if / where there is an issue.

Thanks!

-eric

Hey folks,

We were getting a few sporadic reports of this late yesterday as well but weren't able to reproduce it on our side. I am going to send the details from this thread over to the team now and see if we can determine if / where there is an issue.

Thanks!

-eric

One way I know to reproduce it is to click on the arrow at the beginning ▶ (Go to first new post), it always hangs there and won't load that way.

I have noticed the site being slower the last few days but today is the first day where it takes forever to load and then gives the maintenance page. However I can bypass it by typing in "https://www.swtor.com" instead of just "www.swtor.com". If I use the https it loads fast, if I don't it sits trying to load. So I don't know if something was changed with that recently.

Another Thing: Forum, Website and dev-tracker work fine on mobile (Firefox on Android) from whom I'm writing this now, but on PC (Firefox on Windows 10) I've been getting the maintenance-massage for 3 days now.

I don't know if it's relevant or has something to do with localisation but I'm sitting in South Germany.

Somebody above said that they had random disconnects lately, same happend to a guild friend of mine. No high ping, just random DC's.

And when I just wanted to preview this post I got an error massage with internal server issues and misconfiguration.

Edit from PC: Adding https:// in front of the address seems to be the trick. Now it's working

Edit 2: interestingly on my PC the side with the first edit is still loading (4 minutes later), all while I can already read the edited reply on mobile

Edited by Gamemaron

If it's any help, I can provide the following information;

I'm encountering the 'maintenance' problem with the main website page. If I just try to type in 'www.swtor.com' or use my bookmarked link, which has the same address, I receive the maintenance notice page. However, if I specifically type in 'https://www.swtor.com', the main website allows me to access it and all other pages - forums included - without problem.

Hope that helps either the web team find the problem or anyone else bypass it...

Clicked the previous page button on forum posts to test it, after about the 5th one it hung, and then I got the "SWTOR.com is unavailable as we are experiencing extremely high traffic" maintenance page.

/edit - clicking edit to edit the post just now hung it again, closed the tab and reopened the post and was able to edit.

Edited by michaelcshow

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

It's very sporadic. I can read threads on the forums for 10-15 mins, but then the next 20 mins I can't do anything. The webpage gets "hung" and goes no where...

FYI: I have done this on a Mac, an iPhone, and on my gaming desktop. I have used Safari, Edge, and Chrome. It seems to be the worst on Chrome, but that could just be coincidence. Clearing cookies doesn't help.

Not sure if any of that helps.

And when I post, if the site is hung, I get this error:

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.b6211f45.1557246862.121b2011

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

This is frustrating, no mention of issues on twitter, "is it down right now" website says no issues, only happens on one of my computers, and the only place to find out information is in this forum in which I can't connect to, until now. My other computers I didn't try to see forums, but it would be nice if Bioware would post about this issue on twitter at least.

If it's any help, I can provide the following information;

I'm encountering the 'maintenance' problem with the main website page. If I just try to type in 'www.swtor.com' or use my bookmarked link, which has the same address, I receive the maintenance notice page. However, if I specifically type in 'https://www.swtor.com', the main website allows me to access it and all other pages - forums included - without problem.

Hope that helps either the web team find the problem or anyone else bypass it...

Exactly same for me.

Regular (non secure version) does not work. Secure version (httpS) works fine.

Edit: After posting, the automatic redirect links to regular (no https) version even if posting from secure version. This needs fixing. Workarround: add "https://" to links not working.

Edited by Balameb
add info