5 shadow vs. 5 smash

sabbrina

Most of the complaints i see on the pvp forums are people complaining about too many smashers, while i do see them as the flavor of the month on the other end of the spectrum there is 5 shadows. At least with a smasher you can see it coming and avoid some of the damage. I would much rather die to 1 big hit occassionally as to be repeatedly beat down by 5 stealth classes. There is lil you can do against a shadow/tankasin. there is nothing this class cant do, the have stealth, mitigation,high dmg burst speed cloak and just when you think you have them dead poof they vanish and are gone to heal up and come back and do it again. So a guy smashes you once big deal you see him slowly running up to you and you know to avoid him or burn him, with all the shadow/sins its impossible to see it or prevent it. So my gripe is this....quit griping about 5 smahers when these stealth classes run rampant and no one complains. Oh wait the people griping about smashers ARE the OP stealth classes, nice to turn the attention somewhere else and take the focus off your OP asses:rak_02:

Most of the complaints i see on the pvp forums are people complaining about too many smashers, while i do see them as the flavor of the month on the other end of the spectrum there is 5 shadows. At least with a smasher you can see it coming and avoid some of the damage. I would much rather die to 1 big hit occassionally as to be repeatedly beat down by 5 stealth classes. There is lil you can do against a shadow/tankasin. there is nothing this class cant do, the have stealth, mitigation,high dmg burst speed cloak and just when you think you have them dead poof they vanish and are gone to heal up and come back and do it again. So a guy smashes you once big deal you see him slowly running up to you and you know to avoid him or burn him, with all the shadow/sins its impossible to see it or prevent it. So my gripe is this....quit griping about 5 smahers when these stealth classes run rampant and no one complains. Oh wait the people griping about smashers ARE the OP stealth classes, nice to turn the attention somewhere else and take the focus off your OP asses:rak_02:

Damn those 31/31/31 spec'd shadows and sins. Damn them straight to hell!!! On a serious note, no one single spec of the AC has all of the characteristics you've described. It's a give and take. Unlike marauders... This post is incredibly ironic as well. Your last sentence is actually what you're trying to do yourself.

Edited by Cowflab

assassin/shadow are the strongest class overall, period. I've been saying htat for months, our guild has known that for months. Problem is, there are only about 2 or 3 assassins on our server that play them correctly.

Smash spec may lead warzones in damage and give you big hits and such, but try guarding a node in that spec. With all the maps that require you to guard a node, i would take a team full of shadows/assassins over a team of smashers any day. For example, ancient hypergate is just ridiculous with a bunch of stealth on 1 team. Just my opinion though.

Smash spec may lead warzones in damage and give you big hits and such, but try guarding a node in that spec. With all the maps that require you to guard a node, i would take a team full of shadows/assassins over a team of smashers any day. For example, ancient hypergate is just ridiculous with a bunch of stealth on 1 team. Just my opinion though.

I once had to defend against 4 assassins 2 operatives on voidstar. It was an extremely stressful experience.

A marauder can. Just stand 30m away and they can't cap. I've seen it done before in ranked. Assassins/Shadows may be the best, but how many can play the class correctly? One of the problems with the class is that people immediately run hybrids without running the full specs. To use the hybrids correctly you need to learn about the pros/cons of each spec before mixing them. Just my 2 cents, also I'll be posting about specs for hybrids/full to help the curve. I knew I had to say something when I had 23/1/17 telling me it was his job to guard the healer when I'm running full darkness/kinetic.

To use the hybrids correctly you need to learn about the pros/cons of each spec before mixing them.

Yep. But that is exactly the reason why smash monkies work and (hybrid) assassin doesn't (at least at that personal skill level).

For smash monkey you just have to be in the zerg and press 3 abilities - not even in the right order except for smash itself. You don't have to worry about your positioning, just have enough reds around you. That way even a totally retarded player could press a few buttons and still be a little useful to the team, although the class is capable of more. For any other class, that requies thinking and knowing your class.

Edited by rainbow

A marauder can. Just stand 30m away and they can't cap. I've seen it done before in ranked. Assassins/Shadows may be the best, but how many can play the class correctly? One of the problems with the class is that people immediately run hybrids without running the full specs. To use the hybrids correctly you need to learn about the pros/cons of each spec before mixing them. Just my 2 cents, also I'll be posting about specs for hybrids/full to help the curve. I knew I had to say something when I had 23/1/17 telling me it was his job to guard the healer when I'm running full darkness/kinetic.

If they have two stealth they will cap on any lone defender.

I'd rather face 5 smashers than 5 sins. What you can see is much less scary than what you can't.

Edited by Smashbrother

Yep. But that is exactly the reason why smash monkies work and (hybrid) assassin doesn't (at least at that personal skill level).

For smash monkey you just have to be in the zerg and press 3 abilities - not even in the right order except for smash itself. You don't have to worry about your positioning, just have enough reds around you. That way even a totally retarded player could press a few buttons and still be a little useful to the team, although the class is capable of more. For any other class, that requies thinking and knowing your class.

I don't really get the whole "your spec is easy to play so you = bad" argument that everyone seems to be throwing around. Personally, I find Carnage and Annihilation just as easy, if not easier than Rage, primarily because with Rage you are juggling Fury + Rage (2 resources, compared to most classes using 2), and getting into position for an optimal smash, which when there are 8 moving targets spread out across a 100 x 100 yard map (or larger), and the fact that your damage output is going to be crap for the next 8-12 seconds after smashing.. you have to make it count. Then there's also prioritizing targets (healers and high threat dps) as well.

I've played an assassin in PvP, and a Pyrotech. Both seemed easier to me, and that includes doing things like sap / zap capping nodes in front of players, correctly using pulls/stuns to kill ball carriers in huttball, proper knockbacks, ball carrying, etc. The easiest class by far that I have played has been Pyro Powertech. There is a priority system but it's quite easy.

As for saying "you don't even need to use abilities in the right order", that just isn't true at all. To play Rage properly there is a somewhat complex priority system on abilities. Knowing when to use Force Crush or Choke, Rupture, always having a 4 stack + autocrit buff up when smash is ready, never starving yourself for Rage, etc, and of course the most important part of this spec - positioning yourself through 10 million stuns/slows/knockbacks/roots. I was knocked back / slowed / rooted 7 times in a row last night without getting full resolve lol.

I'm willing to bet that 99% of the people making the claim "Rage is no skill involved" have never actually played a warrior, let alone a level 50 Rage spec.

Do I find it difficult to play? Absolutely not. But then again, I have yet to find a class in this game that is "hard" to play correctly. In short, if you want to complain about skill required, go play Starcraft 2. This game does not require much.