Announcing the Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour!

CourtneyWoods

How about you stop with the nonsense and spend your time actually working on the game?

After all, every 5 year old knows that he can't go out and play until his WORK is done.

The money spent on this could have went towards reducing continued staff cuts or even hiring some CS that a) cares about their jobs (but minimum wage will do that to a person) and b) actually has played the game (so they can understand and thus help us better).

When all bugs are removed, people's computers and graphics cards stop crashing since 1.4, and maybe one or two of the threads in the Suggestion Box actually have a BW employee's name on there showing it was read, THEN you can waste time with gimmicks and half-*$$ed "good will" tours.

Suport

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about you stop with the nonsense and spend your time actually working on the game?

After all, every 5 year old knows that he can't go out and play until his WORK is done.

The money spent on this could have went towards reducing continued staff cuts or even hiring some CS that a) cares about their jobs (but minimum wage will do that to a person) and b) actually has played the game (so they can understand and thus help us better).

When all bugs are removed, people's computers and graphics cards stop crashing since 1.4, and maybe one or two of the threads in the Suggestion Box actually have a BW employee's name on there showing it was read, THEN you can waste time with gimmicks and half-*$$ed "good will" tours.

Pretty sure the programmers are not the ones that would be attending this type of event. The work will get done. It takes time. Cut them some slack and try to be happy that they are making a good effort to improve relations.

Pretty sure the programmers are not the ones that would be attending this type of event. The work will get done. It takes time. Cut them some slack and try to be happy that they are making a good effort to improve relations.

Problem is it takes TOO MUCH time. As a modder of several different games I can attest to the fact that things can be buggy, but I have never had issue isolating the problem within only a few minutes. I am also an amateur coder, but I have debugged large and small programs alike within more reasonable amounts of time. Another huge problem here is that Bioware does not use the PTS correctly. For one 1.4 was only on there for a couple of weeks and with any large patch you want more feedback than that; And two from what I was told from PTS testers that absolutely nothing was fixed before 1.4 went live. This isn't because it takes time, but because of laziness, pure and simple. And finally Bioware doesn't deserve slack. I, and everyone else here, are paying money each month to be happy with the TOR gaming experience and they should deliver or else risk losing people's subs.

1) the people who work on the game aren't the ones doing this, so you people saying "oh noes they're doing this instead of fixing bugs!" can stop.

2) This is promotion/community relations, a important part of a business like this.

Not long ago people were freaking out at the absence of an official SWTOR presence at some other cons....

it's not like a staff member is going to read this and then proceed to shout to the heavens "MY GOD, THEY'RE RIGHT!"

It's well established (or should be) at this point that, concerning major decisions, BioWare is going to do what they want to do. No amount of complaining is going to convince them otherwise.

The only power you have in that department is to subscribe or unsubscribe. That's it.

That being said, I appreciate these unexpected events and good on you guys.

Edited by Lazirus-

Lets see: New York-NY, New Orleans-LA, Austin-TX, and San Francisco-CA

Great Idea. Too few venues. (Also, two of these are in the same region)

Also: Before each meet & greet, we’ll be sure to publish a blog with detailed information so that you don’t miss out on complimentary drinks & food, a highly coveted code for an in-game Tauntaun Fawn, giveaways, and more!*

If I am not able to attend because I am not a millionaire able to travel to your venues, how do I get my complimentary food, drinks, and the all important Tauntaun Fawn code?

Edited by Baldak
add more

1) the people who work on the game aren't the ones doing this, so you people saying "oh noes they're doing this instead of fixing bugs!" can stop.

2) This is promotion/community relations, a important part of a business like this.

Not long ago people were freaking out at the absence of an official SWTOR presence at some other cons....

If devs don't work on the game why do we have them around? An important part of business I think is making your game playable? Some people haven't been able to log into their account from when 1.4 came out. I know I crash nonstop in the game when loading and even running around never had an issue till 1.4 and many others have this issue.

Edited by Throne-Drei

it's not like a staff member is going to read this and then proceed to shout to the heavens "MY GOD, THEY'RE RIGHT!"

It's well established (or should be) at this point that, concerning major decisions, BioWare is going to do what they want to do. No amount of complaining is going to convince them otherwise.

The only power you have in that department is to subscribe or unsubscribe. That's it.

That being said, I appreciate these unexpected events and good on you guys.

So you want the EA marketing staff to stop promoting SWTOR in totality and for senior/lead designers and producers and execs to stay chained to their desks slave whipping all the junior devs until stuff is finished? Tell me who's supposed to give the E3 and Gamescom talks and press interviews again?

No midwest love?

Sounds great. But can I make a recommendation and ask if you guys can come to/ near the Chicago area? You are always in NY, Texas or Cali. I'd live to come meet and talk to you guys but you are never in the Midwest. Think about it.

Thanks.

Sad being in the middle of the states the good events always just seem to circle us. :( So I wish something was a little closer to Denver but hopefully we will get good recaps.

I have to agree with the three of you.

The Mid West usually seems to be left out. At least when it comes to the major Expo's. They always seem to go for places like New York, Texas, California, oh and Florida. So those of us in the middle of the US always seem to get circled.

What depresses me more is that in this economy makes it a bit harder for us to afford to go all those very long distances to these good events. Not everyone can afford to go the distance and a lot that can will maybe have to select from one or two events.

It would be really nice if a lot of these good events would travel more. Or rotate between locations even. The only Expo I can think of that comes close to being in a few locations is PAX. But it only has three locations right now. Washington, Massachusetts, and now Australia. I could see have a PAX in Chicago or St. Louis, maybe even New Orleans, as well as more places overseas. In fact why have all these different Expo's that are so similar in what they want to do spread all over. Many of which do not get major attention.

Here is what I would like to see. I would really like to see a few major Expo's that would travel to a lot more locations yearly. Not just one or two places. At least one on every Continent and for the large continents maybe two to four or more depending on the size. This way more people could attend these major events. PAX has somewhat started this. Maybe they could expand it even more and go to a even more locations.

Anyways that is my opinion.

Sounds awesome!!

Wish I could make it. Tried to buy my tickets two weeks ago and they were sold out. Last year I got my tickets around then with no problem...Comicon is about to burst.

Edited by NoaFlux

I had a great time last night some of that was probably the free drinks. I wanted to be sure to thank the dev who was nice enough to go out of his way to help. I'm afraid to put his name up here now though but it began with a J so thank you very much. More customization would really be nice though along with the ability to change things after creation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...