A positive thread.

MrGoldsilver

I want to thank you, bioware, for making a great game. Complainer are going to complain no matter what you do, but at the very least you made a game I can't live without (I'm a person who does nothing but wait, or play EAW while updating).

To complainers: if you don't like the game, go play something else, no ones forcing you to play this. I'm sure Bioware does what it does for a reason, even if it is money. Love the game, but hate the CM? Don't buy stuff from it... Certain class OP? Let other people hate... Play the class you love, learn how to counter FOTM classes, and feel proud when you can kill them with your skill. (And then own everything when your class becomes FOTM :p)

-Thank you for reading this, trolls and haters, you are free to go back to troll'in and hate'in.

Your logic is flawed!

First I complain often about things I hope BioWare change, and some tmes they had listen to the community (the stupid name the sages once had or the restrictions on colour crystals regarding light and darkside got dropped).

I think it is just normal and very healthy to point out what should be changed, that is what people do when they like something. Not blind love, but help to improve things. Which is in my opinion far better than saying nothing (because saying nothing is pretty much the same as leaving without telling why).

Sure, some of the complains could be a little more friendly, but that doesn't mean people don't like the game. They spend time there and here on the forums to improve the game. For me that is much more worth than blind love or stupit threads about how perfect everything is (but maybe that's just me, I don't beloeve perfection can ever be achieved, but should always aimed for).

The ironic thing being, your blind love for the game ultimately hurts it, OP. The people complaining obviously like the game, why else would they stick around? No one pays a monthly sub exclusively to troll forums. People who REALLY like the game, see the potential and aren't afraid to make attempts toward improving it as it goes. Fanbois like you, on the other hand, do nothing but praise the game, despite massive flaws - essentially offering nothing to the community, aside from muddying the waters. Devs shouldn't think they're doing a great job, because they're not. They're doing a mediocre job, and many of the quality changes that have come to this game are exclusively due to people raising these issues themselves, until it becomes far too hard to ignore.

Sorry, but your blind dedication does nothing but hurt the game.

Your logic is flawed!

First I complain often about things I hope BioWare change, and some tmes they had listen to the community (the stupid name the sages once had or the restrictions on colour crystals regarding light and darkside got dropped).

I think it is just normal and very healthy to point out what should be changed, that is what people do when they like something. Not blind love, but help to improve things. Which is in my opinion far better than saying nothing (because saying nothing is pretty much the same as leaving without telling why).

Sure, some of the complains could be a little more friendly, but that doesn't mean people don't like the game. They spend time there and here on the forums to improve the game. For me that is much more worth than blind love or stupit threads about how perfect everything is (but maybe that's just me, I don't beloeve perfection can ever be achieved, but should always aimed for).

Agreed.

I wouldn't dream of complaining about a game that I was not invested in or just plain didn't enjoy. I'd just leave and not look back.

Yes, some of the criticism is not very constructive, but even those posts can help to tell BW if a given feature is broadly disliked.

I agree with OP though that BW probably deserves a positive thread once in a while:D

But blind acceptance of things that could clearly be improved upon is not the way to go if we want the game we love to get even better in time.

The ironic thing being, your blind love for the game ultimately hurts it, OP. The people complaining obviously like the game, why else would they stick around? No one pays a monthly sub exclusively to troll forums. People who REALLY like the game, see the potential and aren't afraid to make attempts toward improving it as it goes. Fanbois like you, on the other hand, do nothing but praise the game, despite massive flaws - essentially offering nothing to the community, aside from muddying the waters. Devs shouldn't think they're doing a great job, because they're not. They're doing a mediocre job, and many of the quality changes that have come to this game are exclusively due to people raising these issues themselves, until it becomes far too hard to ignore.

Sorry, but your blind dedication does nothing but hurt the game.

So much this ^. The forum white knight, and swtor has only one, for the most part, does nothing to add to the development of the game. Pretty much all major changes to this game was sparked by criticism on these forums. Just like any business, a bunch of yes-men, or yes-women is a detriment to progress.

being positive about the game doesn't inherently mean that it's detrimental.

just like complaining about the game doesn't inherently mean that it's done with 'good intentions' to improve swtor.

creating a 'positive' thread and then being negative to people who complain is rather ironic though.

Edited by oaceen

I want to thank you, bioware, for making a great game. Complainer are going to complain no matter what you do, but at the very least you made a game I can't live without (I'm a person who does nothing but wait, or play EAW while updating).

To complainers: if you don't like the game, go play something else, no ones forcing you to play this. I'm sure Bioware does what it does for a reason, even if it is money. Love the game, but hate the CM? Don't buy stuff from it... Certain class OP? Let other people hate... Play the class you love, learn how to counter FOTM classes, and feel proud when you can kill them with your skill. (And then own everything when your class becomes FOTM :p)

-Thank you for reading this, trolls and haters, you are free to go back to troll'in and hate'in.

You broke the first rule for a positive thread...... you complained and attacked others, even if only indirectly.

You are now catnip for some forum members however. ;)

Edited by Andryah

A positive post does not complain about complainers.

Wow all the hate :D

Anyway, I'm not saying that I have blind loyalty to the game (I pvp a lot, yes I'm annoyed at the current state), but at least we have this game, is what I'm trying to say.

Oh and being ironic is what I do best ;)

I think you could have tried harder by actually providing a positive thread.

To complainers: if you don't like the game, go play something else

Ahhh there it is.

But anyway, you've added no reasoning behind your posting. You said this is a great game, but you gave no reason as to why, in your own personal opinion, think it is a great game...the rest of your post is talking about other people, or "complaining about the complainers".

I will taking the appropriate actions. No doubt someone will come along and......oh wait, they've already posted :)

Thanks have a nice day :)

Edited by Ayelinna

I think that it is a shame how the opinions on the game are usually categorized in to two categories. Anyone who says anything positive about the game is declared a 'white knight' who views the game via tinted glasses, while anyone who criticizes the game is declared a troll who detests the game with a passion.

There is a difference between stating what you like about the game and what you think works, and mindless praising. In the same way, there is a difference between giving constructive criticism and trolling/complaining for the sake of it.

I would like to be clear on something, I really like this game a lot. I have played since early access and I have been happy ever since. I only complain because of real issues such as a class spec once considered great getting ripped apart or, more recently, the new obroan gear preview that is really disturbing in that the republic and imperial classes mirror eachother and the non force user classes get new suits that don't look at all what they would wear ( again know its only placeholder art just hope when its released there isn't just a cheap recolor and that's it).

Anyway the point is that I don't like to complain but as a paying customer of the Old Republic I do believe I got the right to be heard by the game producers and that we are entitles to at least some feedback positive or negative. I love this game a lot that is why I post negative feedback at times, because obviously Bioware wants to know what its players want right? thanks to that we got tauntaun mounts, cathar race options, adaptive armor, new pvp arenas coming up, and

Complaints are fine IMO. Praise is fine IMO.

As long as neither one is qualified by the other.

That is where it falls down. This isn't a political party or religion...it's a video game. You do not lend credibility to any positive or negative viewpoint by complaining about those that oppose your view or deriding them.

Otherwise it's nothing more than negative or positive propaganda IMO. Drop the agenda and just state your case, one way or another.

I love this game a lot that is why I post negative feedback at times, because obviously Bioware wants to know what its players want right? thanks to that we got tauntaun mounts, cathar race options, adaptive armor, new pvp arenas coming up, and

Like most people, you focus on the negative out of a need to express your frustrations. It's OK.. that is part of our nature as humans. But please.. don't conflate it as being what changes the game... stand for what it is, not hide behind faux power claims.

Negative feedback did not get us Tauntauns, or Cathar, or Adaptive Armor, or Arenas. Positive and constructive suggestions coupled with much discussion and the occasional gold post did that. Do you see a forum titled "Insert Complaints Here"? NO. We have a Suggestion Forum (a couple of them in fact), and a Bug Report Forum.

Some of the most critical and beneficial discussions in this forum have taken place without the need for constant negative context. It's as simple as moving from "abc sucks" to "I think a change like xyz... could improve abc".

Negative feedback serves no constructive value. It is by definition negative, and It is destructive by nature and not necessary unless one simply needs to express their anger and frustrations. Being a game.. one of many on the market.. I often wonder why anyone plays one if it frustrates or angers them. But, that is for the player to decide for themselves.

Edited by Andryah

Like most people, you focus on the negative out of a need to express your frustrations. It's OK.. that is part of our nature as humans. But please.. don't conflate it as being what changes the game... stand for what it is, not hide behind faux power claims.

Negative feedback did not get us Tauntauns, or Cathar, or Adaptive Armor, or Arenas. Positive and constructive suggestions coupled with much discussion and the occasional gold post did that. Do you see a forum titled "Insert Complaints Here"? NO. We have a Suggestion Forum (a couple of them in fact), and a Bug Report Forum.

Some of the most critical and beneficial discussions in this forum have taken place without the need for constant negative context. It's as simple as moving from "abc sucks" to "I think a change like xyz... could improve abc".

Negative feedback serves no constructive value. It is by definition negative, and It is destructive by nature and not necessary unless one simply needs to express their anger and frustrations. Being a game.. one of many on the market.. I often wonder why anyone plays one if it frustrates or angers them. But, that is for the player to decide for themselves.

hey I do constructive feedback, I do praise stuff in this game, but sometimes there is something that bothers me and other players, its not like we will just keep silent, and I never said complaining got us cathar, tuantaun mounts, and other stuff, I meant feedback over what we wanted gave us that stuff as well as Bioware wanting to listen to our opinions over what we wanted, I never at all complained about tauntauns they are awesome I got one the first day it came out

Edited by Sangrar