Some vendors shipping early

Zohkar

I have seen that a few vendors of the game are shipping out games earalier then promissed for the release of SW:TOR. Does anyone know which vendors are doing this for people that purchased? I haven't seen anything from target yet and that's where I purchased my CE.

Confirmed:

Amazon (read it on twitter from SW:TOR twitter page most copies will arrive sometime the 19th)

Aye, I haven't seen anything from target where I purchased mine from. But given the fact I had issue's with them from the get go I wouldn't expect them to ship earlier then they told me to begin with. So if and or when I get into EGA, when the 20th happens I am SOL until next year.

Yes I could of downloaded the game, but I have always been a collector of games and art work associated with it hence I usually buy the CE addition of games. Been playing video games for 32 years and I still have my 1st hard drive (5mb).

Amazon forum post

Hello,

Here's an update for customers who have pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic that was scheduled to be released on December 20, 2011. Because beta access ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 19, 2011, we've decided to ship the game early to customers starting December 15, 2011. We'll be updating orders over the next two days and new estimated delivery times will appear in Your Account shortly after our updates are complete. These changes will be applied to your account automatically and there is no action needed on your part. Please see below for an update to estimated delivery times based on shipment method.

New Estimated Delivery Times for the Contiguous US:

* Release Date Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* One-Day Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* Two-Day Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* Standard Shipping - on or before 12/24/2011

* Super Saver Shipping - on or before 12/24/2011

Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international addresses will also ship earlier than originally planned.

Once we've finished updating the orders, you'll be able to find your updated Estimated Delivery Time under "Your Orders" in Your Account:

Since extremely limited quantities of the Collector's Edition are available, we recommend not canceling an order for this edition unless you do not intend to order it again. Please note that customers who cancel and attempt to re-order the Collector's Edition may lose their place in line.

Please note that official game access is scheduled to begin at 12:01 a.m. on December 20, 2011. BioWare will be bringing down all servers for a short period of time before the launch of the game. You will be contacted in-game with details on this planned outage and when you can expect all servers to be back online.

We appreciate your patience and hope you enjoy the game.

Amazon Video Game Editors

**Update December 14, 2011**

We want to assure everyone that this is an official Amazon post and the information we've provided here is being given to all of our Customer Service representatives worldwide. We apologize if information you received from our Customer Service was different than the information we provided in this post.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that customers who selected One-Day or Two-Day delivery prior to December 12, 2011 have been transitioned to Release Date Delivery and have been refunded for the difference in shipping cost.

Edited by GryMor