Where do I get augment schematics?

BardMedicine

Wait...wait...wait. Can anyone use the schemtics? I was under the impression you had to be arms, armor, or synth. They get them from the vendor as they level.

I think you are thinking of the augmentation kit schematics (the things you use to add augment slots to gear). the OP is talking about the augment schematics (the things you put into the augment slot in gear).

Slicing is the crew skill that generates the schematics for augments. You can occasionally find some of the lower level schematics on the GTM, but they tend to be more expensive than the "grade" 22 because they are less common. Furthermore, few players actually care about augmenting gear when they are leveling, so even if you can get the schematics off the GTM chances are you will only use them for yourself.

My advice, level a slicer or two, if you get augment schematics then good for you, if not don't worry too much about it. If you are a completionist - a player who wants EVERY schematic just because you can (I saw a LOT of these types of players in WoW) - I would suggest a change in attitude :p.

My advice, level a slicer or two, if you get augment schematics then good for you, if not don't worry too much about it. If you are a completionist - a player who wants EVERY schematic just because you can (I saw a LOT of these types of players in WoW) - I would suggest a change in attitude :p.

Lower lever augments can sell for a pretty penny- as do their schematics. You won't be able to pull the cash you can for the endgame ones, but they are rare enough to get a good markup for rarity. As a slicer- I grind the T6 tech missions for the neural augmentors, so get plenty of Augment 22 schematics, I don't grind the lower missions, and haven't gotten any of the lower level ones...

Lower lever augments can sell for a pretty penny- as do their schematics. You won't be able to pull the cash you can for the endgame ones, but they are rare enough to get a good markup for rarity. As a slicer- I grind the T6 tech missions for the neural augmentors, so get plenty of Augment 22 schematics, I don't grind the lower missions, and haven't gotten any of the lower level ones...

I agree that one can make a decent amount of money off the lower level augments, but my advice still stands. Unless you are willing to invest a LOT of energy into the lower level slicing missions, the chances of any individual acquiring all the levels of all the augment schematics for a given crew skill is remote (there are 21 different grades of each of four or five different augments. That's 84 or 105 possible schematics to have to acquire via slicing or the GTM).

Having leveled two characters with slicing, I personally happen to have a significant number of the lower level augment schematics for synthweaving and armormech (and I am holding onto the schematics for those in armstech for the character I level with that crew skill). I have also made the effort to reverse engineer the schematics I do have to the advanced (purple) level of each one.

But while I do take advantage of the augment slots on my alts (both from crit crafting and from kits), I do not worry that the augments I am using are not 100% up to date based on the character's level - so what if I am using an augment that only requires level 33 when a character is level 44, it is still more of the primary stat than I would have without it.