Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

DarthBror

Hey!

You know why I'm here. The Pax Rectors (Kaffi in particular) paid me a large sum of credits to come on this forum and tell all you people what a great guild Pax is, and like any good soldier, I follow orders!!!!!

Kaffi is very generous like that. For a limited time only, Kaffi will be doling out the credits to all new recruits. :D

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comments from a recent applicant:

When I applied to Pax, I will admit I was a bit off put by the Q&A process of it but its less of an interrogation to weed out undesired people and more akin to that phase where you meet someone and slowly become friends. It's actually been fun to answer these questions they have and only one so far has been about in game stuff. The rest has ranged from thought provoking to bizarre and interesting which I think is good considering that you are joining a guild that is part of a larger group of people that just want to have fun and play games with friends. I'm nearing the end of my trial period and I'm hoping to get accepted because its been quite enjoyable.

I'm a current recruit with Pax Imperius/Dominus (Rambro), and the process has been enjoyable. The Q&A process is great, imo, and shows their interest in getting to know you as a person as opposed to just "Hey, you have this much experience with this? You like this? You're a tank? Oh, cool. We need one. Here ya go, you're a member now. Until you flake out and disappear."

Officers try to include as many people in events as possible, ops included, and although not possible to do exactly that, they do try. Even when officers are away due to either family or whatever reason may be, other members step up to attempt to follow through on the event.

Overall, Pax has been a great place so far. It's a great, relaxed and active community that participates in more than just SW:TOR. I've only interacted with the sw:tor community so far, but it's a great group of folks.

Edited by Asavar

The PAX Gaming Community is pretty cool. I applied because I want to be in a guild that will be around for the long haul. With their track record and the amount of effert they put into the community, I believe that PAx will be here for a long, long time. As for the members, eryone that I have met in the Pax Community has been very friendly and helpful. The guild leaders take the time to pop into your recruitment thread to ask you questions and give you thoughtful responses. They seem to genuinely care about who they will potentially have as members. I look forward to becoming apart of the PAX Gaming Community and hopefully a lot of others will too.

Applied last week and going through the process.

The most unique recruitment process I've ever been through. The interview questions are all over the map and have little to do with your level of uber game experience. This added an interesting flavor to the process kind of like Sweet Tarts on your Rice Krispees. Some of the questions are a little weird but I am weirder still so this was a fun little mini game in itself. So far the people in Pax seem to care a great deal about Pax and this is encouraging. The degree of structure through out the Pax organization is mind blowing . Someone put a lot of thought into what they've been doing over the last 11 years and again this is encouraging. Over all I wouldn't call the process put offish or annoying it's been fun. If however you're looking for a quick invite to a random big guild and don't care who it is you should probably keep looking. I say that because It seems these people really care about how they are viewed in the gaming community.

Edited by Wyrdstar

I'm a new member of PAX Gaming Community and I must say, one of the best game related choices I have ever made. Everyone is friendly and helpful, and I really enjoyed my two week trial period before being accepted as a full member. The questions they ask have nothing to do with your game uberness, and are just a fun way of getting to know your personality. If you are on the fence about submitting and application, allow me to happily push you off ;)

I'm currently going through the app process with Pax, and I'd like to say that it's rather enjoyable to have an actual process. These guys make sure that you're a good fit for Pax and give you a chance to do the same, and from what I've seen its made for a really cohesive community. They're helpful, friendly, and don't seem to have a lot of drama. I'm personally hoping to be all official in a week, but even if not, Pax is definitely a place to check out if you're looking for good people. Feel free to hit me up on the forums there, my name there is Stewie, and I'm almost always around.

Hello everyone,

I just got accepted into this Wonderful Guild. During my recruitment phase i was asked to come here and post about the experience I had during the recruitment process.

Well My experience was a great one. There is an initial 2 week period where you are expected to post in your thread a little about yourself and answer questions others ask of you. My 2 weeks ended up being a month due to some major family issues i had during the process. These guys were very understanding when i had to go out of town suddenly for a family emergency and then again for a family death during my first 2 weeks. They just put my app on hold and as soon as i got back i just started posting and the recruitment period started up again. This is a great group of people to game with as well. As soon as I put in my application they added all my toons lvl 50's and all my lowbie alts to the in game guild and i was able to play with anyone in guild or not. I hope you go to their website and join today they really are a wonderful group of individuals that love to play games and the application process is easy and flexible as long as you keep in touch with them about what is going on.

Have a good one and go check us out.

Brassybabe

I just wanted to throw this out here ... the process of getting to know potential guildmates prior to invites should always be implemented to ensure that your guild is the proper fit for that person.. and his/her toons. I have gone through this process and have found it to be a good one... and great people that are already in this guild are very knowledgeable around every aspect of the game ... i have nothing but good things to say about these people and the guild they are currently in .. thanks for the invite pax...

Today is my last day as a probey and I have to say that my time in Pax has been nothing but pleasant. The people are friendly, helpful, and very welcoming. I really appreciated the fact that other members were proactive in getting to know me. Often times, as a new member, you feel like an outsider, seeking the acceptance of the pack. Not the case here. Although, there are people watching what you say and your interactions with other members, it never felt like I was being scrutinized. Rather, it felt more like, the powers that be were just trying to determine whether or not we were a good fit for one another. If I had to describe Pax Gaming in one word, it would have to be "Inviting". If anyone out there that reads this, is looking to or thinking of joining a great gaming community that has something to offer just about anyone who is mature and looking to have good, clean, honest fun, look no further! Stop on by sometime, even if it's just to say "hi" and before you know it, you might just be filling out an application. Hope to see you all soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Greeting community of force wielding, gun-slinging, assault cannons compensating for something people. I am here today to deliver unto you a sermon... what's that? don't use that word? Okay. I am here today to politely inform you of the stellar and most impressive guilds known as PAX Dominus and PAX Imperius. Having gone through and shortly completing their indoctrination... don't use that word either? okay. Ahem, completing their assimilation... not that one too? okay. Completing their interrogation... really? not even that one? Completing their application for inclusion into their consortium of debauchery and depravity... really? I'm trying to sell us here, you are really limiting my literary ability to do so you know...

*sigh*

Hi there. I go by the moniker Falx, and I am here to tell you about a wonderful group of people collectively known as PAX (Dominus/Imperius). They are a sweet and cuddly group of people that like long walks on beaches and sharing their delicious pies with everyone.

As an added bonus, you also get to have some wonderful voices in your head, they really are quite swell... once you get used to them...

Falx,

That edifying compilation of contradictions and interdictions... lol, I try but I can't quite get it right!

Folks,

We're always looking for good players, whether for 16-man EV fun or beefing up our PvP cadre of Dread Reavers.

I'm a new recruit with Pax, been in a little over a week and I've been impressed with them. The recruiting process they have set up can appear to be very intimidating and even put you off from joining. But they are actually pretty easy going people. Seems like there is always a bunch of them online even when I'm up crazy hours like at 4 am. I hadn't played in over three months and so I had a lot of noob questions, like why my elite war hero gear didn't have expertise stats anymore, and they've kindly answered every silly noobish question I've had and helped put me on the path to getting geared up for the current state of the game. I like that they actually go through a recruiting process, shows to me they're serious about the growth and stability of their guild for the long term. To some it might seem like too much trouble to go through to join a guild but it's well worth it. Pax is a good solid group, I've no complaints about them.

Thanks for giving me a chance Pax.

It is a rare thing in this day and age to find a group of gamers who run the gamut from MMO, to off-line gaming, and even cover table top (read "old school") gaming. Pax Gaming has been open and welcoming, while having quite the array of personalities that reminds one of that "crazy, dysfunctional TV family", the kind that runs for years with strong ratings and becomes...

...sorry, mind ran off for a moment. But to keep it short, if you like gaming, they probably have your game covered. They are cool people, fun to chat with, and have made this old gamer feel most welcome. It's been a long time since I actually felt connected to the gaming community like I have here.

If you submit an application, I give extra credit for mentioning that "it's always Infidel's fault."

...and it's always Infidel's fault.

Edited by ArcturusSaDiablo

I joined with Pax Gaming Community over a week ago and I have to say that my experience during that time has been great. They are very structured and organized for the long term. The people are all gamers that you get to know and have fun with in teamspeak and in game. They are helpful even with the new players. If you are looking for a guild that is part of a larger community of gamers, I would recommend checking out Pax and apply. You'll have a fun experience and meet new friends also. Edited by Drakvar

Another recruit here, continuing the mid-application tradition of testifying about the experience. My bounty hunter, Rimethorn, hopes to join Pax Imperius. I was told to be candid, so I shall.

If you are a skilled gamer who feels said skills will open all doors despite your utter lack of civility and common courtesy, take your over-inflated sense of entitlement and slouch back to whatever fetid corner of the Internet from which you crept. You won't make it this far. The questions and tasks Pax uses to select members are clearly meant to find emotionally mature, friendly, well-balanced people who don't think playing a game is "srs bsns". There's a clear structure, well detailed procedures and policies, and an emphasis on community.

I hope I measure up and can become a full member of Pax Imperius. If not, I won't take it personally. They have standards, and they stand by those standards. I'd be very disappointed to be accepted to Pax only to discover the process was a façade, and that everyone who applies is automatically accepted.

One more thing: If you've never experienced a Flare Gun Nova, it's worth hanging out with Pax just to see it.

Edited by GrouchyOldJedi
Grammar

Well i just about to finish my application process and i have to say the Pax community has been a great bunch of people to game with\. Every ones helpful and the gaming is so diverse. It was definately a good choice when i joined them. I feel that im gonna be here for quite some time.

P.S: Flare gun Nova is pretty sweet.

Edited by DrinkersLife

I've been a recruit within the Pax Community for a week now and I have to say my experience with them has been top notch. The recruitment process, though 'long' by some standards, is professional and really gives the recruit and the recruiters a chance to see if the guild is the proper fit for you. Since I've joined I have had all my questions asked with patience, and I've never lacked for running content; with so many people on and running I've been able to run raids, and do what I love most: PvP...most of the time without even asking in chat.

The lengthy recruitment process has proven to work out well for them. Passionate, dedicated players, and all-around good people are what populate this community. I haven'y once felt like just a 'number' in a massive roster... instead I've found a home for my toons where I can always progress, and I've found friends who I can do so with pretty much at any hour of the day or night.

Rock on Pax!

-- Lokk Draego

I have been a recruit for Pax for the past week and have thoroughly enjoyed the experiences. If you love games of all kinds, you'll find a niche here. The people span several different games, even table top RPs. They really are a bunch of fun people who just love getting in game and having fun while getting the job done. I have been a part of other guilds which require you to be online at this time for this event. Pax is not like that. There are events scheduled throughout the week, but none are required. Want to do end game events? They do them. Want to do warzones? Yep, you'll find Pax there as well. If you're looking for a guild of mature persons who love to have fun, you'll find a home with Pax. And, if you're a late night player, look me up for a group. So meet up with a Pax member in game or stop by their website for a good laugh.

-Kel Kel

Edited by classigrl

I started in the Pax recruitment a week or so ago. I've found the process enjoyable and the people I've met pleasant to talk with and this from someone who usually plays solo in mmos. They're active in many other games as well including table top RP which I've a fondness of. If you're looking for a stable guild that will support you and be there when you need them then Pax is the place.

-Sheyd-

Edited by Raviele
I forgot stuff

Having newly joined the guild, I can personally attest to the overall climate of the Pax community mentioned at the start of this thread.

Although, at first I wasn't sure of what to think about the application process, I have found both the Pax community, and the process itself friendly and enjoyable.

The people in Pax are as friendly, mature and helpful as any that I've found anywhere else in this or any other game.

One of the great things about Pax is that it's a multi-game guild with a healthy presence in multiple titles. So far, I've been able to game with fellow Paxians in two separate games. The Pax community in both games is awesome.

Very, very cool.

So a week has gone by and my Recruitment deal is half over. So far not bad. I have met a bunch of cool people and they dont treat me any different than they would a true full member. All in all its been an easy experience/transition over into this Community of people. I say Community because even members from the other games that are apart of the Pax Community have treated me well and accepted me.