New Update

Trooperclay

I definitely think the Tython and Korriban FPs and the start of a new storyline (especially one that kicks off by attacking the other faction directly) is enough to keep a significant number of players sticking around who might otherwise have jumped ship.

PvE players have been in wait-and-see mode since late November 2013. You think two 'tactical' FP's is enough to keep them around for another 5-6 months? On speculation that the next storyline is all that? Even if they throw in another two between now and 3.0, that's a pretty hard sell.

My guild is moving on and me with them. Will we come back for 3.0? Hard to tell. Not only is it going to depend on the new content, it's going to depend on the next game failing hard. The dry spell is going to cost them subs, whether or not that'll be statistically significant is something I can't answer authoritatively :D

It's a matter of cadence. It is not enough to committing to pushing out releases on a regular schedule, what you release is equally important. I understand the idea behind staging features, but making those consecutive update cycles GSF exclusive was such a phenomenally bad idea. And then to only release GSF with one mode and two near identical maps... I can't be the only person to burn out on that.

New OPs, FPs, PvP and GSF maps have to come out on regular basis with an appropriate frequency. Once a year doesn't cut it (Don't care what WoW thinks, it's still dumb).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been asking,...well begging since launch for more guild content and houses we could decorate as we choose.

I have questions that i hope the DEV's are thinking about when designing this release:

*** STRONGHOLDS ***

* Can we put the decorations WHERE we want in the strongholds or are they cookie cutter placement for each piece??? ( or is it once you unlock it, it only goes in one place )

* Can we SIT on the furniture?

* Priority transport terminal come standard?

* Can we have different (several choices) colors for interiors and decorations?

* Is there a limit on other people you can have in your stronghold? does it require a group invite?

* Will it give us expanded inventory slots?

* Is your stronghold LOCKABLE or is it free roam to any one that happens by?

* is your stronghold LOOTABLE if left unlocked?

* Can we give others permission to decorate your stronghold for you? move and take items in your stronghold?

* How is the crafting set up for decorations? who crafts what? or do all crafters craft all pieces?

* Are the strongholds set up like mini cities in Nar Shaddaa and grouped together or generic entrance location?

* Once unlocked can you move your stronghold if you don't like your neighbors? what cost?

* Is there an added benefit if you log off in your stronghold VS in a cantina or your ship?

* Can i have a different exterior color and design or just cookie cutter?

* Will our companions be able to roam in our strongholds? special quests from them in the strongholds?

*** GUILD SHIPS ***

* Are they a ship that moves or a space station that stay in place?

* If it moves can we add weapons? can we man the weapon turrets? can we explore space in it?

* Can we attack other guild ships? and board it and gain loot items (not guild items)?

* Is there a max number of members and items it will hold, and do you need a group?

* How much storage space will the guild ship have?

* Are there special missions launched only from guild ships? space and ground flashpoints and ops?

* Do we fly to our ships from ground or the fleets or is it docked somewhere we click an elevator to gain access?

* Will it be customizable? Colors? Designs , inside and out?

* What does the guild gain for having a guild ship? crafting bonus? PVP / PVE offensive and or defense bonus?

* Will the guild leader and those assigned by guild leader have more guild options like guild mail to ALL in the guild?

* Can we pretty please get a GUILD RECRUITER on the fleet and starter planets? the guild recruiter would have a searchable list of all guilds with a guild leader written description of the guild with a minimum of 1 page "available" to them. Once a player applies to a guild a mail would be sent to the guild leader and officers, it would allow you to accept or reject the player EVEN IF THE PLAYER IS OFFLINE.

* Guild voice chat, (yes i know we "OTHER" out of game options but some people have trouble setting them up)

* Galactic Market , training dummies, guild bank, personal storage locker, priority transport terminal , mail terminal comes standard with guild ships, (seeing the initial cost)?

Just a few questions that are concerning before the launch that should be answered.

Am I the only one excited for Galactic Strongholds?

I don't see too many people around here that seem that way, even though I see a lot of people asking for Player Housing and Guild Flagships...

Sadly, it's not the biggest need of this game atm. I'm thrilled they're adding it, but with the dry spell of content we've suffered through since GSF was launched 3 updates in a row, I think the timing couldn't be worse. Add to that the fact that housing will also be spread out over 3 updates and it's no shock there are less and less players.

Housing could be great...but it wasn't worth adding at the expense of improving the things people DID play for (Ops, FPs, WZs).

Pretty much sums it up.

Yeah, complete dearth of content. It's not like 2 new flashpoints and a new Huttball and a new GSF map just hit the game or anything. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Think I forgot a NiM operation or something, too?

2.4 was good content, but since then we had 3 FPs with 128 rating when every broke kid is in a mix of 162/168 gear and WZ that sucks. If you are not into GSF, which by default is a completely different game, you are out of luck, and now they will invest the resources through the summer building barbie houses and guild ships, which are not bad features, but have offer nothing aside from role playing.

I subbed in the game originally for good class stories and stayed for PvP. Game is now offering neither, even PvE content is moving at a turtle rate. Four ops and 6 FPs is not a "whole" lot of end game content.

Trivia, I did not know you can post while unsubbed. I was logged into this computer while my sub was still active, and appernatly the forums still thinks you are a sub until you log-off.

the player housing from launch was the personal star ships, but they never let us customize them. I would not minded if they let us customize the personal star ships. I would have totally been happy with that, i would like to have -> A <- "house" to customize.

Personally I think this Player Stronghold housing thing is complete bull krap and a waste of development resources.

We've had player housing since launch (our personal ships) whether anyone else admits it or not, and so there was never a need for these to be added. Despite the many people that clamored about wanting it cause they don't realize they have it already. Instead they could have turned the resources they put on this to developing ways to incorporate the Stronghold features and customization into our personal ships then had the same effect only better cause our ships can travel!

The only good thing coming out of the update in my opinion are the guild flagships.

the player housing from launch was the personal star ships, but they never let us customize them. I would not minded if they let us customize the personal star ships. I would have totally been happy with that, i would like to have -> A <- "house" to customize.

To the guy who thought I wanted an swg remake, I just wanted THIS. No towns or big enormous multiplayer areas to customize, just my own personal ship to customize. I would've been content with this.

I am very excited and I'm sure there are tons are to. Don't pay attention to the negative posts that are angry about player housing. I can't wait for it. Nar Shaddaa is my favorite planet in all of Star Wars and for us to get early access with a place given to us on Nar Shaddaa by being a subscriber? It's a dream come true for me. I already "live' on Nar Shaddaa in some places that I pretend are my house. Now, I don't have to pretend! Coruscant, Drommund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa are only the beginning of more places being added later. I can't wait!

actually its possible we may be getting more choices from the start

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/feature/8423/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Boston-Cantina-Tour-and-Jack-Wood-Interview-.html

Next, Wood answered another of the big obvious questions, and that was yes, there would be housing on planets other than Nar Shaddaa, Coruscant, and Dromund Kaas, although he declined to name any names.

Edited by lemric

TBH, I am far more interested in the Guild Ship than I am in Player Housing. Player Housing will be novel at first, for me, but will lose its value quickly. I am not a RP'er, so I generally need a reason to go somewhere.

I've been looking for teasers on the Guild Ship, and not having much luck locating any. Has anyone seen anything on it? I see some random rumors on costs for enhancements (2-15 Million) but not so much what those enhancements will be.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against "fluff" or purely aesthetic improvements (and would likely invest in such things), but would be far more likely to invest heavily, in a Guild Ship/Base/Housing etc if there were something to do, other than stand there and look at pictures.