Fewer, 'companions gifts' missions please for underworld trading??

pahbi

Before logging out for the night I thought, "Hey, lemme send out some crew members on some underworld trading missions for materials."

Press N

Click Underworld Trading Icon

Widow opens up

ALL missions for crew gifts.

I mean W>T>F? Who needs this many gift missions?

And i'm not interested in work arounds to reset the list. Its retarded the list should pop up like that in the first place.

When you open the list there should be a minimum of 2 missions for cloth and 2 missions for metal of random qualities.

- P

I find this problem is even worse for diplomacy, when you have to deal with first getting the proper alignment, and then the proper mission type. So frustrating opening the panel and seeing only light side missions, or having only 1 darkside mission to choose from, and its a companion gift one. Really wish it would just list all the missions at all times.

It would be awesome if i could always have 1 of each mission available to me, unfortunately i often have to either not send comps to missions on UT, or send them for something i don't want and hope they bring back a schema (rare, and almost always synth, and my BH is armormech).

Yeah I don't need that many gifts either but my companions sure are happy now.

To be fair, while leveling up it's actually worth quite some exp to complete all their little talk quests. So it's not *entirely* useless, just annoying.

Edited by dannythefool

Yeah I don't need that many gifts either but my companions sure are happy now.

To be fair, while leveling up it's actually worth quite some exp to complete all their little talk quests. So it's not *entirely* useless, just annoying.

it would be better if they brought gifts i could use, but they keep bringing me stuff none of my toons needs (either comp in question is maxed already, or nobody wants them to begin with), having to run to GTN or vendor them constantly is annoying (i just want some bloody blue metals so i can grind for purple mod patterns).

The companion gifts arent bad when your like me and only have 1 companion maxed out.

But I'd like to see more missions based on your alignments, most of the time I have 2 light side missions and 4 dark side missions and that makes leveling it a little frustrating at times.

But I'd like to see more missions based on your alignments, most of the time I have 2 light side missions and 4 dark side missions and that makes leveling it a little frustrating at times.

Actually that would make a lot of sense... why would my Light V or IV characters even think about doing dark side missions?

Zoning in/out your ship (or zoning in general but ship is faster) re-populates the list. I have Treasure Hunting maxed and usually have 4 out of 5 missions for companion gifts. Which I don't care about.

Also; I've never seen anything else over "Abundant" and that's rare at best, most of the time it's "Moderate". Is that normal? Just companion gifts are "Rich".

Do not forget that you can get schematics out of those gift missions. So, unless you already have everything the profession can give, it's not over yet, strictly speaking.

Second, while you might have maxed out all your companions, not everyone has, so giving (to guildmates) / selling (to others) those gifts might net you something.

Third, if you're an altoholic, funneling the gifts you do not need to your rerolls might allow you to focus on different crew skills.

I have not checked the refresh conditions. I know that it is not periodic, rather triggered, but

- I did not check the trigger,

- I am not sure that, if your list is full, triggering a refresh does anything. AFAIK, you need to have a "free slot" to see some change, but I might be wrong.

I find this problem is even worse for diplomacy, when you have to deal with first getting the proper alignment, and then the proper mission type. So frustrating opening the panel and seeing only light side missions, or having only 1 darkside mission to choose from, and its a companion gift one. Really wish it would just list all the missions at all times.

This, I dropped it after a while, couldn't be bothered with it anymore.

All the tradeskills are borked this way, really. They lack bountiful and rich missions for the highest tier. And far too many gift missions. For something like UT, for example, it should average 2 gift, 2 metal, and 2 fabric. Instead, it currently averages 4 gift, 1 metal, 1 fabric.

There are rich missons for metal, I usually only do those now that I have maxed underworld.

Nope, there's a moderate one that lists itself as being rich. But it cons, costs, and rewards the same as moderate missions, and takes as long as they do as well. It is a moderate mission, bugged in that it claims to be rich.

Edited by Battilea

I agree, there's no need for that many companion gift missions. Underworld Trading AND Investigation (possibly diplomacy too?) bring back companion gifts, it's one of the few things available through multiple skills. Yet they always end up taking over a whole page of my UWT missions. It's a little excessive.

• 1 month later...
Do not forget that you can get schematics out of those gift missions. So, unless you already have everything the profession can give, it's not over yet, strictly speaking.

It appears to me that at present the chance of getting schematics is MUCH higher with Moderate missions. Not checked in 1.1.5, but prior to that, I ran 50 Moderate missions and 50 non Moderate missions, for 10 schematics and zero schematics respectively. I think in getting to 350 UT, I've had one schematic (last week) from a non-Moderate mission.

If you want to control your missions, either buy slicing crafting missions, or go in and out of your ship until you find the missions you want.

We need to quit trying to get BW to change things that are insignificant to the game as a whole when we have workarounds available.

Edited by Marlaine

If you want to control your missions, either buy slicing crafting missions, or go in and out of your ship until you find the missions you want.

We need to quit trying to get BW to change things that are insignificant to the game as a whole when we have workarounds available.

That's not a workaround unless you're just sitting around doing nothing but crafting. If I'm out in the field, trying to use my other companions to craft while I'm out questing, there's really no workaround for a page full of 45-minute-long crafting quests that I don't need. Zoning back to base to run through an orbital station to get to my ship blows a travel cooldown and the whole time running back and forth to resume questing. I thought the whole point of this crafting system was to let you do it while questing, rather than standing around base.

That's not a workaround unless you're just sitting around doing nothing but crafting. If I'm out in the field, trying to use my other companions to craft while I'm out questing, there's really no workaround for a page full of 45-minute-long crafting quests that I don't need. Zoning back to base to run through an orbital station to get to my ship blows a travel cooldown and the whole time running back and forth to resume questing. I thought the whole point of this crafting system was to let you do it while questing, rather than standing around base.

Well, sometimes we have limitations in life that we need to workaround. I choose to have multiple alts so if something I need isn't available I can choose a different mission and use an alt to get the things I want. That's why I never have an underworld metal problem, because I have three alts with that crew skill.

Alternatively you could get a security key and get the fleet passes so that if you're really stuck you can go back to your ship quickly and cheaply.

There are definately options available. It's up to you to take advantage of them.

OMG! Please! Cut back on the number of companion gift missions!

My Underworld Trading skill is 400 and when I look through the available missions almost all of them are for companion gifts with the occasional fabric mission thrown in. I rarely see missions for metals now! It's ridiculous!

Thats ridiculous. Its not a workaround. It's a stopgap and stopgaps are not solutions and who are you to dictate what is significant and what isn't?

Thats ridiculous. Its not a workaround. It's a stopgap and stopgaps are not solutions and who are you to dictate what is significant and what isn't?

It is clearly my opinion, nothing more. However, I don't have any shortages of underworld metals, and you do. I didn't require the game to be changed to suit what's convenient to me. I worked with the available game options available and created a solution.

What have you done? Whined. Even when I tried to be helpful by providing alternatives to meet your goal you ignore them and whine some more. I have no sympathy.

BTW....if you're that stuck just do the gift missions. They'll eventually replace with other types. Not to mention, they're quick. Roughly half the time of a metal/fabric mission.

Edited by Marlaine

I find the grade 6 underworld missions to be bugged, I believe there are meant to be 2 each of the abundant mission for silks and metals but only one ever show up for either.. "A Volatile Gift" and "Sinews of War".. yet there are 3 moderate missions for them, though usualyy mostly gift missions come up.. to be honest I don't know why they don't just make every possible mission come up for you to choose..

It is clearly my opinion, nothing more. However, I don't have any shortages of underworld metals, and you do. I didn't require the game to be changed to suit what's convenient to me. I worked with the available game options available and created a solution.

What have you done? Whined. Even when I tried to be helpful by providing alternatives to meet your goal you ignore them and whine some more. I have no sympathy.

Don't assume I don't use/don't know the workarounds. I've used them, and found them insufficient.

In any case, crafting's being completely revamped in 1.2, so griping about its shortcomings is probably wasted energy at this point.

Edited by atteSmythe