Feedback request from James Ohlen - "Your Star Wars fantasy"

StephenReid

Which [I]Star Wars[/I] fantasy excites you the most?  

3,019 members have voted

1. 1. Which [I]Star Wars[/I] fantasy excites you the most?

• Full 3D space battles
    • Vehicle combat (eg, AT-ATs)
    • Pod/speeder racing
    • Capital ship battles

Hello everyone! James Ohlen, Game Director for Star Wars: The Old Republic, is on the hunt for direct feedback once again. This week, he's asking for feedback on a general topic that I think you'll all have an opinion on!

James takes feedback directly via his Twitter account, but if you're not on Twitter, we're going to reproduce his question here and would love to get your feedback here too - as well as your votes on a poll.

As always, we ask you to limit your feedback to the question at hand and keep your feedback constructive as well as on-topic!

Here is James' question for this week:

Which Star Wars fantasy excites you the most? Full 3D space battles, vehicle combat (AT-ATs), pod/speeder racing or capital ship battles?

You can vote in the attached poll. Obviously each of these fantasies are big, enormous ideas, so we're sure you'll have plenty of feedback to give!

You can follow James on Twitter @JamesOhlen; you can follow our main account @SWTOR.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pod racing yes plis. Your great hope with this game is fast and awesome minigames.

Games one can bet on. Games you see in the cantina in episode II.

Plis BioWare dont do space combat. Will not work.

It will be non responsive and to slow as your space combat now shows.

And as long as space combat can not be first person view from the cockpit

like swg there is no point. Just sitting in the chair on the trooper ship show

one cannot even see out the window and the view is bad.

If you make space combat you can use capitol ships with turrets players can control

and players can board ships and fight guards and ship boss to take em over to gain

control over turrets and landing area. Must be a huge space map with base ship and

lots of ships between one can take over and control. In this there should also be fighter combat.Also a astroid field above a planet for pure fighter space combat could really work.

Dynamic fast and intense.

But to be very honest i dont think you guys can pull it off ...

Edited by Lord_Karsk

The X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter series of games were some of the most popular Star Wars games ever made - and with good reason! People still play them today, even though they are a decade old. Adding real 3D combat to SWTOR would be a huge boost for the game!

I'm down for any of those... But since I can only vote one, I voted full 3D space battles.

But I also agree with Merex, a dungeon queue system would be far more interesting at this point... I haven't yet PVE'd that much coz I despise spamming LFG in chat...

what do you mean "Capital ship battles"? just asking because you already have the 3d ship combat one. :)

3D ship battles is basically space combat. Capital ship battles would be more like Star Destroyer vs Star Destroyer. Kind of like the different between two warplanes dog fighting and the game Battleship.

I would have thought capital ship battles would come after full 3D combat.

Put in some guild capital ships. Then add full 3D space combat. Then add Guild ship vs guild ship in 3D space combat.

The other ideas are nice, but you guys need proper space combat. Railed stuff, as fun as it actually is, need to be replaced.

Server Merges. Oops, not one of the selections. The post with the largest thread count on the forums yet again did not make the cut.

Server merges lost to podracing....

Nuthin but love for us, nuthin but love.

They're all ok, "Swoop" Racing would be awesome and lend some cred back to Bioware and bring back the KotOR feel, But Its all fly-poo compared to the real issues at hand. Server Transfers, ugly Armor and PVP.

I vote 3D space battles. But as someone already stated that it would really need to have a cockpit view.

It's like in racing games how I've never understood why people play in 3rd person view. You can't actually drive like that. Also I have yet to meet a pilot who is outside of the plane they fly.

You guys planning on the next big update? anyway It's really hard but I voted for Captital Ships battle that battle at the end of Episode 6 is very cool. If you are talking about an additon to the game I would like too see pod racing as well

It could be very Star Wars to have a flashpoint where some heroes board a capital ship and run around wreaking havoc inside and having the result matter for the ship combatants outside, but it’s a lot harder to get the timing for that right. Hmmm... the pilots would battle waves of fighters until the melee heroes can drop the shields, then the heroes go after the power supplies to the turbolasers...