Petition to separate Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Lockouts

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be something they can do to offer people who are after a real challenge...a real challenge.

Content that for which a server first kill would mean you actually are the best on your server, rather than merely the people who set foot in the instance first that lockout. Content that gives you shivers down your spine when you finally kill it, rather than that empty feeling coupled with the feeling of disappointment that comes with knowing that week 2->infinity will be spent mind-numbingly farming this mind numbingly easy content until they release the next mind numbingly easy content months later.

I still remember the elation I shared with my guild mates when we finally killed several of the bosses in Sunwell Plateau in World of Warcraft. We had put in over 100 attempts on some of them, over the course of several weeks, before finally getting the kills. There has been nothing I've felt in swtor that comes remotely close to that. There should be.

Even if the content is nerfed after a while, slowly to let more people see and complete the content, give us that relish the challenge, a challenge rather than releasing it already anaemic and limp wristed.

Content that for which a server first kill would mean you actually are the best on your server, rather than merely the people who set foot in the instance first that lockout. Content that gives you shivers down your spine when you finally kill it, rather than that empty feeling coupled with the feeling of disappointment that comes with knowing that week 2->infinity will be spent mind-numbingly farming this mind numbingly easy content until they release the next mind numbingly easy content months later.

They'd need to make a whole new game from scratch and make it not gear-based for starters.

• 1 month later...

Well, it appears that the hard mode and nightmare mode lockouts will be separate starting with 2.7. No more boss skipping for nightmare progression. It will also be nice to be able to help people in hard modes without ruining your nightmare lockouts.

Thank you Bioware.

Starting in 2.7 (and available on the PTS), we are separating the lockouts for the Operation difficulties. So, if you complete the Hard Mode of Dread Fortress on the live servers and then copy over, you will be locked out of Hard Mode but still able to do the Nightmare Mode. :tran_smile:

-tw

i would be totally fine with you guys stopping all work on cartel market re-skins and collections to be able to have the resources available to make this simple change happen

/signed

Cartel market re-skins and collections is the art department. Lock outs is programming.

The people who make cartel items probably get nosebleeds just looking at code.