To the new SWTOR players...

ApplesOfDyscord

:jawa_confused: I was just wondering how are the new players (like myself) are taking to this game? Are you having more fun as a Republic figure or a Sith figure. Do you enjoy doing solo runs or roaming with a group? Personally I'm having a flippin blast playing as a fem Sith Inquisitor, I never knew being evil was so much fun. I am slowing learning my way around, and some of the people in the GenChat are very helpful. Anywho I was just curious. :jawa_angel:

~Apples :wea_03:

Really depends what server you're on and what time of day it is. Sometimes it can be full of friendly people, and other times not so friendly.

ToFN can be rather annoying at times due to the amount of people who intentionally troll in general chat or just act like idiots for no reason. Then again, it's nice to have a guild so I can just ignore general and speak to guildies.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D

Edited by Jayshames

:jawa_confused: I was just wondering how are the new players (like myself) are taking to this game? Are you having more fun as a Republic figure or a Sith figure. Do you enjoy doing solo runs or roaming with a group? Personally I'm having a flippin blast playing as a fem Sith Inquisitor, I never knew being evil was so much fun. I am slowing learning my way around, and some of the people in the GenChat are very helpful. Anywho I was just curious. :jawa_angel:

~Apples :wea_03:

Omg ik what u mean. Before its to late become a sith sorceror!!! Not an assassin! Trust me please you gotta believe sorceror is awesome im a lvl 20

Always remember, peace is a lie, there is only passion...

The higher the lvl your assassin becomes, the better it is. Just one bit of advice. Don't YouTube the story of the assassin. I've been playin this character part time since Christmas. I got a little impatient with the story and you tubed it. It's like reading a great book and reading the last chapter first...spoiler.

My only concern though is how addictive it can be. I stay up till wee hours in the morning on weekends to play. It is particularly difficult this weekend because of the 2x XP points. DAMN YOU SWTOR!

:jawa_angel:

Always remember, peace is a lie, there is only passion...

The higher the lvl your assassin becomes, the better it is. Just one bit of advice. Don't YouTube the story of the assassin. I've been playin this character part time since Christmas. I got a little impatient with the story and you tubed it. It's like reading a great book and reading the last chapter first...spoiler.

My only concern though is how addictive it can be. I stay up till wee hours in the morning on weekends to play. It is particularly difficult this weekend because of the 2x XP points. DAMN YOU SWTOR!

:jawa_angel: Actually it was because of YouTube that I got SWTOR in the first place! I was looking at this one chicks MassEffect Citadel DLC and she also had some SW up too. I didn't look at all of them but I glanced at the Bounty Hunter one it intrigued me enough to want to buy the game.

I am really enjoying this game. Been playing a little under a month now. The story quests are really cool. Having fun on Republic at the moment but I want to make a Sith too and a Bounty Hunter. Went with Jedi Knight first off, I mean, what's Star Wars without Jedi?

Generally people are friendly and helpful. They seem so much more "grown up" than in other mmo. I've come across a few sarcastic individuals, but not many. All in all, I find this community to be very pleasing. I can say I will be on this game quite a long while :/

Regards.

I've been playing for 5 weeks, having fun.

Mainly levelling solo, level 42 Merc.

Joined a guild last week, great bunch of people and many laughs are had.

Have only run 2 FPs but had a great time. Solo DPSd the HK droid as our other DPS got knocked off the platform and spent 10mins running back lol. And the surprise worm bonus boss had us all surprised.

Currently really enjoying the BH storyline, companions are coming thick and fast and got most of my abilities, rotation learned and nearly all orange gear.

I have been playing around a month or so, and became a sub within the first week! My main is a lvl 27 merc, but I also levelled a Sith Assassin, a Sith Jugg and an agent sniper to lvl 15 too, as I wanted to check out all the story and abilities! It's awesome, as I now have the ability to make all my own mods/arnmouring and enhancements etc , so my adaptive armours are very effective!

I am enjoying the game immensely, I find the community not only freindlier than other games, but also funnier! I love the fact that I often chuckle out loud at the chat :)

I am still in "don't miss a single quest" mode, and am enjoying playing around on the GTN.

I'll level in time... there ain't no rush .

Glad you're having fun, for me it's nice to be a noob again!!! :)

I absolutely love this game. Played the first time the whole night through. Subbed the next day! I started as a Jedi knight but decided to try a sith warrior, and the dark side is so much more fun. After reaching lvl 10 as a Jedi, I got tired of being lectured by NPC's about my decisions. Now I've got a lvl 29 fem pure blood marauder. It's a great story line so far. Gonna start up a sith jugg and an assassin soon. Wanna eventually experience everything this awesome game has to offer.

I have been playing around a month or so, and became a sub within the first week! My main is a lvl 27 merc, but I also levelled a Sith Assassin, a Sith Jugg and an agent sniper to lvl 15 too, as I wanted to check out all the story and abilities! It's awesome, as I now have the ability to make all my own mods/arnmouring and enhancements etc , so my adaptive armours are very effective!

I am enjoying the game immensely, I find the community not only freindlier than other games, but also funnier! I love the fact that I often chuckle out loud at the chat :)

I am still in "don't miss a single quest" mode, and am enjoying playing around on the GTN.

I'll level in time... there ain't no rush .

Glad you're having fun, for me it's nice to be a noob again!!! :)

Me too! I level at my own pace I'm in no rush, sure I could run around killing beasts in Drummond Kaas etc all the time but i'm not in a hurry. I like stealth(ing) a lot, and I tend to do a lot more side missions before continuing my main objective. I absolutely LOVE my Khem Val! He's my tank. O.o somehow I joined a guild ( I really wasn't even trying to) Did a few um Instances (is that what they are called? Or am I channeling Blizzard :p) I didn't particularly care for it but I did them anyways. I haven't really talked to my Guildmates (not for lack of trying) but BESIDES all that I am having a blast! Lol I feel bad for my Smuggler she's still at Lvl 3....

Just joined the game the other day. Rolled up a sentinal on Shadowlands, have got it to about lvl 12 so far iirc.

Players in general chat have been pretty friendly and helpful so far, but I've yet to find anyone that wanted to form a group and roam around.

Then again my laptop doesn't quite meet the minimum system requirements, so I tend to lag a bunch on load screens and when a lot of other people are in the area. lol

Doubt there would be many people willing to deal with a really slow n00b.

Just joined the game the other day. Rolled up a sentinal on Shadowlands, have got it to about lvl 12 so far iirc.

Players in general chat have been pretty friendly and helpful so far, but I've yet to find anyone that wanted to form a group and roam around.

Then again my laptop doesn't quite meet the minimum system requirements, so I tend to lag a bunch on load screens and when a lot of other people are in the area. lol

:D Lol Heck my laptop is just a couple of months old and I lag like crazy (well depending on how many people on the server) I went to the Imperial Fleet and I was lagging something fierce. Have checked you settings? Some o f them might be set on high.

Been playing a lil over a month now, & my PS3 & Xbox have been collecting dust lol. I've got a Lvl 24 Jedi sentinel & a lvl 21 Sith Marauder which I re-started Sat night... & I was playing yesterday (Sunday) from 7am till after midnight switching between each character lol. Since I usually only get to play a couple of hours a few nights a week, I've really enjoyed the 2x XP weekend. Mainly been playing solo & really enjoying the story's. I've always been sceptical about paying every month to play a game, but swtor has changed all that lol I'm also gonna have to invest in a gaming computer cuz my laptop ain't cuttin it lol Edited by ImmortalLowlife
wrong day

Been playing for a month became a subscriber last weekend.

Having tried other online games and not caring for the experience, was not sure if this would work for me. But finished and loved the original KOTOR and went to this right after.

I really, really like it. Much better behaved players (for the most part) than what i experienced on other gaming sites. And the story lines are really fun.

Playing 8 characters one of each class and got all of them into double digit experience.

I find the Sith side a lot more fun mostly because, in true movie fashion, you get involved in a lot of overly complex and convoluted plots bening done to your Master or being plotted by your master. Fun stuff!

Playing 8 characters one of each class and got all of them into double digit experience.

This is a cool idea, wish I had done that when I started (especially as one could appreciate the little class story crossovers if they are fresh in your mind)

Do you bounce around back and forth to keep them mostly even?

Been playing this a while now, and since I started space missions, and found out more about particular parts of SWOR, mainly techie stuff, and work arounds to make my charactor and and companion more effective and durable, its hard to get me out of the Chair.

But, I do find, the younger players, and the more experienced ones, need to learn p\atience ( good old Obi Quote), silver surfers, who, like me, Are doing our best, but, Im not really understanding group fighting missions, except in warzones, I get kicked from groups, because No one bothers to take me through the ropes on what to do.

the guild i joined, did the same, kicked me from a group they made, because I got lost. Now no one chats to me any longer, and I cant leave the guild as I cant? The command don't work to leave the guild, so im stuck in it forever it seems, sent a ticket, about it, but all I got back was an automated message saying read forums, What happened to live Mods that were in WoW? I helped a guy out today, but I was blocked from following him into the main end mission area, thus i couldnt do anything to help. needless to say he perished, and he was quite abusive and said fuu, so I dont join in any groups any longer, I keep myself to myself, along with my ships droid and companion. Noobs are never liked or helped in guilds or groups, they expect you know everything, and they often forget they were noobs once.

Otherwise very happy with game play and missions, some lag at times, but not a great deal so far. Next week upgrading my old 19inch fujitsu Monitor to a 22inch HD Widescreen, (my easter treat :) ) so hoping for even better looking game, than on this old screen with some dead pixels. Already pre orded the new Hutt digital download, as Im a huge Hutt fan :D

Yesterday , 08:51 PM | #16

REPORT POST QUOTE

Quote: Originally Posted by Frandough

This is a cool idea, wish I had done that when I started (especially as one could appreciate the little class story crossovers if they are fresh in your mind)

Do you bounce around back and forth to keep them mostly even?

I am trying to keep all my characters pretty close together in both xp and story line progression. One nice tidbit of doing this is you get the whole picture of something which one character 's story may not give.

For example all of your Sith characters wind up in Lord Grantham's complex at one time or another. It takes bits and pieces from conversations each character has to put the total answer about

just what Grantham is up to and why. Nice touch.

The Sith warrior story is really good as well :D I chose marauder as my advanced class and I'm loving it! I'm a solo player though, I can't stand being in a group for long x( I'm even gonna quit my guild lol idk why I prefer rolling alone but its not so bad. And some people are smart asses on my server, like I was doing a flash point and our merc was complaining that I was tanking (I was) but what was I supposed to do our tank died lol. They're just so up tight about how a group should act x/ I'm a seek and destroy kind of Guy, as long as the objective is reached I'm happy x)

Been playing about a month now as well (Funny, seems a lot of folk have - coincidentally when Lotro's server's went down? hehe, that's when I checked out swtor), and I must say I really dig this game. Very, very fun, and I've actually subbed, which is something I haven't done in forever (that's not to say I don't spend money on a game, I just tend to work within the FTP model).

My only issue is that I haven't found a guild I feel completely at home in - obviously that's not the game's fault, nor is it the community's - just a run of below average luck :)

But I'll keep looking on Ebon Hawk!

Funny, seems a lot of folk have - coincidentally when Lotro's server's went down? hehe, that's when I checked out swtor!

Lol yeah that's what happened xD Lotto went down so I took a stroll through Walmart and saw this on the shelf and subscribed, kick *** game but I am a subscriber to lotto and its hard to juggle all my characters on each game x(

Hi!

I am new to SWTOR too. Rolled a Jedi Seer on Shadowlands, but problem during the week is that I myself sit in Europe. So I could prolly not join you during the week. But on weekends I am more than happy to team up with someone who does not need/want to just race through all the content. I have a friend on SL, and we do some stuff together (you are welcome to join us!), but he is leveling several other toons, and his Jedi Shadow is on hold on Coruscant atm. So, I am like you, looking for relaxed groups / people to play with. I want to learn my class optimally, and methinks that is easier when one is actually talking, and not only racing through Heroics, FP, and such. So, in short, will whisper you when I see you on :) My toon is called Taruh, welcome to find me as well :)

And to the thread in general: This game is crazy expensive, so I am not sure I stay a subscriber (bought a 2 month non-recurrant sub to check it all out). But I have to say, I am having a blast here. I am planning on starting other chars soon, to see other professions, other stories, the other faction, and maybe other servers. So far I have not seen another game that lets me have toons with my US friends, and others on a european server as well. Huge plus for me! So I am in discussion with the Financial Minister at home :D

Edited by Nazdika

Nazdika, if, like me, your friend is in SL, then you must know its a very expensive game/world, I spent over 6 years £2500 in it, For land, leases, hundreds of clothes, weapons, ships, Concorde harriers, Aircraft & For urban combat and Gorean sims. SL remains broken 80% of the time, and as my main pastime was owning airports and sailing in Blakes Seas areas, the constant failure to actually get to any destination, made me leave it altogether, I mean I was paying nearly £28 A week for half sim, and Linden Labs kindly lost one of my buildings overnight.

How anyone can complain about the tiny sub of £8 ish per month here & get 500 cartel coins as well each month gratis, is beyond me. look at games in comparison, EA battlefields online, You have to keep paying for upgrades to health, and tank armour and other boosts all the time. Dark Orbit I used to play, bleeds you slowly out of £.

When you think That me and partner probably spent £20 a month on coins even on facebook games, Im extremely happy for the value for money as a subscriber This game gives.

This amazing game, is even better than EVE online, its not so technical, You have your own ship, at some point,, on world missions, and offworld fleet battles to, not to mention the warzones, which I love, although Liked the WoW ones as well. The other point, is, ok some guilds are not quite what some people want out a guild, But, hey. I got Aric to keep me company and my ships droid, which I just been sending out on missions to scavenge, and then Aric does some Armstech, The droid does his best LOL, quite funny moments in here, plus some baddies, that want to melt you into crushed metal, altogther, one of the few games, i really got my teeth into at a price i can afford:)

I have been playing for three weeks. I like the game for the most part. I started over completely once because I didn't like the server. I have tried out a few classes to level 20 and have decided to stick with the Jedi Knight.

The only negative I would bother speaking on is the time spent in finding a group. I guess that is the time I should be focused on crafting to pass the time. On a side note: It is not so much fun having waited a half hour or so to get into a group to only be kicked out, even before the start of the mission, because you are too low level (even though you are in the required range for the mission)