Ebon Hawk PvP Shout-outs

Jenzali

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have pre-mades in the open world while lvling or doing dailies.

They typically call that a "group", this is an MMO, after all.

Why did you come here again Royce?

I rolled on Shien to play with RL friends.

Edited by RGMetal

Thank you for this thread. It made me Trololololol in the RL, I swear.

I will say that out of all the servers I play on that I do feel the community here is a close one. Especially shows when you put certain guilds down. Or call them out. I get a kick out of that. My only issue is that .. if you're so into PvP, ... wait for it .. wait for it .. Why the frick-a-frack didn't you man up and go to a PvP server? Ohh that's right .. You don't have pre-mades in the open world while lvling or doing dailies.

That's not the case for many if not the majority of players here. Personally, this is the first MMO where I have been part of a guild. I played around with DDO a while back, but this is my first real MMO community experience. My guild, Pax Gaming, consisting of mostly PVE players, was placed on an RP-PVE server. Hell, I was gonna be a carebear through and through, didn't even try PVP until level 50. Turned out to be pretty decent at it and well, the rest is history.

I know countless players who are mainly PVE focused, who did not want to deal with open-world-PVP-griefing, or who were just placed on a PVE/RP-PVE server who turned into PVPers.

This has nothing to do with premades. I try to in premades for 2 reasons. First of, I've made friends and I like the company. Secondly, I don't want to queue and get placed against a premade, when I am running in an 8man PUG. Some people exclusively queue in premades. I made my bones, if you will, exclusively through solo queues.

Oh and while we're on the subject of shout-outs. I want to give a shout-out to my buddy Mort aka Mortalya. I miss you bud (we all do).

Edited by AsiriusNazriel

Thank you for this thread. It made me Trololololol in the RL, I swear.

I will say that out of all the servers I play on that I do feel the community here is a close one. Especially shows when you put certain guilds down. Or call them out. I get a kick out of that. My only issue is that .. if you're so into PvP, ... wait for it .. wait for it .. Why the frick-a-frack didn't you man up and go to a PvP server? Ohh that's right .. You don't have pre-mades in the open world while lvling or doing dailies.

My experience on pvp servers have never been welcoming. I tend to enjoy the game less when people call their teammates bad or when I get griefed for an hour straight (I just want to level without getting ganked 1v4 thank you very much.) I have a level 50 clone of my commando on PotF. In all honesty I cannot bare to log in over there unless I make friends there. So much trash talk in general/ops/say. I am not really a competitive player which is why I would not fit in with the elitists on pvp servers. Winning is always fun and nice but loses can be just as fun but to them winning is the only way they have fun.

As for my pve server it's about the same boat. Trash talk in general during WZ simulations and really uncalled for emotes at other players. Players giving up after the other team caps mid, people never grabbing or passing the ball or just instantly dump it when they get it. The pvp community on those servers just irritate me.

As for EH, I rerolled here for my friends and guild. I heard the community as a whole was very engaging. I did not expect EH to become my main server but it did and I have no regrets. I am not saying EH is perfect but compared to the other servers I have played on, it is so much better.

So you ask why we don't have the moxy to play on a pvp server? That is our choice. Now please move along and stop derailing this thread.

With that said, I want to shout out to the entire Ebon Hawk pvp community for always staying good sports on each side. There is no other server where I have played on where both sides will /say GG at the end of the game. Not only is the community amazing, but it is flourishing with talent. This server is a breath of fresh air. I am really happy I rerolled here.

~

Right so, I lost all the respect I had for Game Genie after sitting there trying to do the HK quest series and watch them stealth camp the vendor, and kill myself and my groupmates more than once despite being politely asked to leave us alone. I'm well aware they likely could care less what I think but eh. You folks in Game Genie are great PvPers everyone knows that here, don't muck up player's PvE experience because of an ill-advised quest breadcrumb location. Edited by MistressBria

It's been too long since I posted in one of these threads and it's way overdue. First and foremost I wanted to show sincere appreciation to each and every single one of you who took the time to go the extra step to shout-out their enemies and allies on Ebon Hawk. Your contributions to this thread help make our server a closer community and it's great to see so many people put their ego's aside and shout out the people they love to fight.

I've generally avoided posting on the forums because I prefer to be as unnoticed as possible, but I've faced so many good opponents over the last few weeks that I simply had to swing by and show them that extra bit of respect that they most certainly have earned.

In no particular order I'd like to give a shout-outs to:

Murk/Mor - Fighting you is truly a pleasure, you always keep me on my toes and I know I'm in for a good game the second I see you on the battlefield. If I had to pick a single person who was my favorite enemy to face on Ebon Hawk, it would most certainly be you.

Aydrell - I love your stealthy and oftentimes deadly approach, congratulations on Elite Warlord, you've certainly earned it.

Alecia - Major props to you for everything you do, if i were to list all your toons and what I like about each it would take up half this entire post so I'll just stick with giving you a special shout out for your sportsmanship and overall tenacity on the battlefield.

Dizeren - Haven't seen you much lately but you have truly mastered your class and I always enjoy picking up tips watching you work.

Averth - The ultimate un-guilded player on the server. You never give up and you are always a challenge to face in any setting. I salute your tenacity and willingness to solo que on a server filled with countless premades.

Alexis - I know GG gets a lot of hate from the imps who que against you but I've always respected your play style. From one stealthy bastard to another, good work sir!

Mustaine - Glad to see you're still playing, I've been fighting you since the days of Shien and I've always enjoyed your lightsaber hugs.

Actavia - Whether you're healing Murk or smashing me with hurled rocks, I always look forward to a match I see you in.

Ryph - I've got a soft spot for scoundrels and you sir are an excellent example of how to play one's class!

Sindol - We've got a history of rivalry that predates even the launch of the game, nothing makes me happier than to see that you're still playing and are hunting me in every warzone you catch me in.

Dimitrios - I've been trying to kill you since December 15th and you are truly one of the best healers I've seen in a warzone. Countless hours of fighting you on shien taught me to ninja the node you are NOT healing at.

Adexi - Another stealther who I watch out for at all times, if someone guarding a door is not careful they will most certainly lose it to your sneaky ways.

Tuvor - Ouch. That's all I have to say other than it's fun getting my face melted with such precision and expertise.

Toshiru - Another old foe/friend who I love seeing un-stealth and start attacking me. Wish I saw more of you but I'm glad you are still around to do the things you do.

Kiera/Saorise/Selene/Becca - Basically if any toon with the Athena legacy is on the field of battle I know that I've got to stay on my toes because you are one of the few people who is always peering into dark corners to try and find me, and when you do - I often die a few seconds later.

To be honest, there are so many Republic players who I respect that I could just sit here shouting them out all day long, but because it's 8:12 am and I haven't slept yet, I'll end this rant by saying that each and every single day I run into people who I love fighting against and I can't wait to face you all again in the next war-zone.

You all are the reason I keep playing.

That being said, a special shout out to all the members of Zen, I know you're a "new" guild but you've quickly earned the reputation for being challenging and respectful opponents who are not afraid to say "Good Game" to their enemies whether you face-roll us or we manage to beat you. I hope to see a lot more of you all in the war-zones.

As for my imperial allies, I'll have to wait for another day to shout you all out because it would take way to long to list all of the people I love fighting along side with, but in the meantime I just wanted to give an extra special shout out to Empire, Guerilla, Nemesis and Pax-Imperius for stepping up the quality of imperial PvP on a daily basis.

Edited by DarthPanopticus

Since I've been PVPing with my Sniper, have to shout out to a few people on the Republic side:

Dantes - Most frustrating Scoundrel I've faced ever. Kudos to keeping me on my toes.

Elandria - For the love I can't freaking kill you unless you have like 2 other people on you!

Cowboyup - Fun Sentinel fighting, usually results in either one of us dying and tons of fun fighting you.

Almost time for me to switch from Lethality back to Engineering again.

Edited by Kusanami
Proper Name spelling

One day I am going to go dps just to mess with everyone...

Meister and Exiia were all over me from the minute I stepped into a voidstar tonight. No amount of pillar dancing would shake em off. On one hand I loved it, but you bet I was working my lekku off trying to get heals out. I felt bad when a poor little assassin put their guard on me.

Giving a shout-out to Balmungazure. Just got out of a voidstar where he was holding a door against 6 people on the other team and he managed to stealth cap, as a sage! Balmungazure you have my eternal gratitude, you came as close to single handedly winning that match as I've seen anyone. Mad respect for your LEET SKILLZ bro. :D