Your favourite kill

UltimateKrucible

1v1 against a smashmonkey. I was solo guarding a node in Novare Coast as a tank assassin. I think he must have thought I was a DPS assassin (light armor, little endurance and good for getting huge smash damage; I know they seek out us poor light armored folks because my sage just can't get away from them after being marked). Surprise, surprise, I absorbed almost all the damage and barely had a dent in my health. I proceeded to stun him, maul the heck out of his back (crit'd my stun so it gave me a free maul so I got two out before stun wore off and a third out while he was trying to turn around). And, with just a tiny sliver of health left, the smashmonkey tried to run for the hills. I pulled him back. Stupidly he tried to run again and at that point I'd regenerated enough force to get out another maul before he got out of range.

It was possibly the easiest 1v1 I had ever had. I'm mostly just proud of it because his I Win button failed him and he seemed so confused about why.

Open world PVP favorite:

A group of 3 50's were pouncing on lowbies who probably got lost in Outlaw's Den (or some disillusioned 40s who got that Outlaw's Den PVP quest). They were Pub (I was also Pub) and bragging about it in chat and when anyone chastised them they rebuffed that you shouldn't come into a PVP zone if you don't want to PVP. I really HATE people who troll lowbies for lulz, so I hop on my commando medic in almost full WH and trek my butt out to Outlaw's Den. I ask some of my guildies to come with me as backup in case these guys are well-geared, get a couple volunteers. But I'm already on Tattooine so I figure I'll scope it out first.

So I find them and discover only one has PVP gear on and it's recruit so I tell my guildies nevermind, I got this covered and proceed to hand them their own heads on silver platters. I then proceeded to camp Outlaw's Den and killed them three more times when they tried to re-enter. As expected, they cried about it over chat and how there were people 'ganging up' on them in Outlaw's Den (not sure how one person constitutes a gang, but hey, don't go into a PVP area if you don't want to PVP).

Edited by Prettyevilish

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My most memorable kill wasn't a very honerable one.

We were winning a civil war match with 2 turrets and some idiot decided that we couldn't hold the mid turret.

He left a friend of mine and me back at mid, while there were 4 people running towards us.

After we lost mid he flamed us for not coming to the right with him.

When we saw him again in a huttball match i pulled him into the fire with my sorc pull.

Two moments spring to mind.

Guarding snow turret in Civil War, was paid a visit by a Jugg and a Sniper. Alternated my trank on them. Could tell they were confused and looking around. Yes, their resolves were maxed, but they did nothing to flush me out. This happened about three times. In the end I kept one tranked and shot the arse off one, then proceeded to do the same to his friend. And they came back for more.

Huttball. Stealthed on the line, waiting for carrier to pass to me. Unfortunately enemy team ripped him apart and they got the ball. Fortunately, the new ball carrier had about 1k hp, so I casually lobbed a Frag Grenade at him. And the ball sailed into my waiting arms...

I was leveling in Belsavis on my tank-specced Powertech.

I was level 46, in decent gear.

I see a republic guy on a speeder and, without thinking, grapple him to me for a good clean kill. (Red name = die, right?)

THEN I discover he's a level 50! He immediately starts fighting back, and I think about how much he must be laughing at me for even trying him. But I wanted to go down fighting, so I strategically popped about all the offensive and defensive cooldowns I had, and actually managed to WIN!

It wasn't by much, and that poor 'slinger must've had pretty entry-level gear. (And it might have been a different story if he was dirty fighting spec...)

Still though, I felt pretty awesome. Let's just say that Belsavis General chat became aware of my victory. :D

Edited by Stenrik

I was in lowbie pvp in voidstar on defense. After a bridge cap 7 of the enemy team all ran down the bridge at the same time. I ran into the middle of them with my merc and it was like a bowling ball hitting a strike, got 6 out of 7 into the void 3 on each side.

I see a republic guy on a speeder and, without thinking, grapple him to me for a good clean kill. (Red name = die, right?)

THEN I discover he's a level 50! He immediately starts fighting back, and I think about how much he must be laughing at me for even trying him. But I wanted to go down fighting, so I strategically popped about all the offensive and defensive cooldowns I had, and actually managed to WIN!

It wasn't by much, and that poor 'slinger must've had pretty entry-level gear. (And it might have been a different story if he was dirty fighting spec...)

Still though, I felt pretty awesome. Let's just say that Belsavis General chat became aware of my victory. :D

I don't know how this could hapen. I was on my Merc in arsenal spec traveling for dailies on Belsavis and just as I walked out the door from the Rakata transport, I got jumped by a sentinel. I didn't even realize at first as I had hit my crew skill menu, but then quickly closed out as I saw the flash of red. I was a bit stunned and panicked for a second, but then say I was taking no damage (either that or Mako was keeping me ridiculously healed seeing as I just put her in the free PvE gear they just released) and then noticed it was a level 48. I lol'ed, hit tracer maybe twice and he was dead.

Actually not sure how he went down so fast. Maybe while healing me, Mako kicked his *** as well. My merc only has a couple BM pieces, unaugmented and rest MK2

I don't know how this could hapen. I was on my Merc in arsenal spec traveling for dailies on Belsavis and just as I walked out the door from the Rakata transport, I got jumped by a sentinel. I didn't even realize at first as I had hit my crew skill menu, but then quickly closed out as I saw the flash of red. I was a bit stunned and panicked for a second, but then say I was taking no damage (either that or Mako was keeping me ridiculously healed seeing as I just put her in the free PvE gear they just released) and then noticed it was a level 48. I lol'ed, hit tracer maybe twice and he was dead.

Actually not sure how he went down so fast. Maybe while healing me, Mako kicked his *** as well. My merc only has a couple BM pieces, unaugmented and rest MK2

I didn't get a good look at my opponent's gear. He had the cowboy hat on, which I think is a lvl 50 green or blue. (But it might've been 50 PVP/PVE as well, didn't get a good look).

I had run Red Reaper a few times, so I had blues near my level. So maybe I had the gear equivalent of lvl 48/49 green?

Also, he's a gunslinger, which gives tanks like me an upper hand. Because they have so much kinetic dmg, I was getting a lot of damage reduction. My oil slick further reduced his accuracy, and my 50% dmg reduction cooldown filtered out what did go through. If he'd have been bleed spec, I probably would not have been able to mitigate enough.

I remember when he used his cover knockback it took me back far enough to use my rocket leap, I stunned him out of cover (this was before stun distance nerf) and then rocket-jumped back to him to close the gap. (As far as I know, level difference doesn't affect things like defensive cooldowns, stuns, and leaps).

Oh, and another thing of note is that we were both using our dps companions. My Torian had the lvl 40 pvp gear, and I don't know what he had on his Akaavi. The nice thing about going against someone with a melee dps companion was that I caught his companion in my oil slick. I had also just gotten "carbonize" which helped interrupt one of his cast AND stall his companion at the same time.

Edited by Stenrik

You are Tank. Likely you have the healer companion.

He was a slinger. Likely he has a Tank companion.

So basically his companion was useless..

ps.. awww.. have read your next post.. If slinger have a DPS companion then no excuses to him.

Edited by Missandei

You are Tank. Likely you have the healer companion.

<snip>

ps.. awww.. have read your next post.. If slinger have a DPS companion then no excuses to him.

I hated running with a healer companion as tank spec. Too tedious. I found that the decreased downtime wasn't worth the increased kill time and/or heat. (And honestly, between guard on companion, taunting, defensive cooldowns and the like, we hardly took any dmg anyway.)

Edited by Stenrik

CW. I was chilling on grass lone guard. and this mara from a decent guild shows up. I don't really know him and just out of habit call it. he leaps to me and prolly thinks he's doing great, laying into the rooted commando (meanwhile, I'm typing in ops chat). so I punt him away. los a bit. heal up. spam kolto to heal and slow on cd. the dude's dead by the time help arrives.

he must've been pissed, cuz he tried it three more times, sometimes with a sin buddy. same result (help arrived in time to help kill at least once). I'm bored. so someone tags me. I go mid. same mara hounding me all over the place. dude can't put a dent into my health except when I ignore him to heal the ops.

after a couple mins of futility, the dude says, "krackcommando, stop cheating." iunno what gear the dude had on, but his hp was around 19k and change. so I'm assuming full wh, if not optimized. imagine that. a mara...with all his interrupts, leaving me with nothing but two really lousy instant heals, and he not only couldn't bring me down, but I solo'd him.

dude prolly thought he had me when I used cryo to throw a plasma grenade on him before he popped his god bubble. tsk. that bubble don't help when the guy you're attacking can refresh his own hp bar while yours trickles steadily down. ah. I would consider quitting if a healer regularly solo'd me on my VG. at least the dying sin has the good sense to sprint away.