Should we all late preorders cancel?

Ariadna

It'll get people like me who didn't cancel in earlier, win-win!

How? Your pre-order code is in already even if you cancel. Canceling just means you can't play starting midnight 20th, it doesn't remove your pre-order.

You won't be getting in any sooner, no matter how many cancel.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things to consider:

1) Canceling your pre-order DOES NOT cancel your pre-order registration code. That code is used and tied to you. All is does is cancel your reserved copy of the game. So do you plan to buy it anyways? Then what is the problem?

2) BioWare and EA have made $0 to date on this game. There are no PAYING customers at the moment. Pre orders involve a $5 REFUNDABLE deposit to a retailer, nothing has been paid to BioWare/EA.

3) The first waves will be the smallest. The subsequent waves will get bigger faster.

The fact that these first waves only cover a few days of pre-orders from July does worry me. I waited to pre-order as I suffer from a gaming motion sickness. Had to make sure I could play it before I ordered it. The NDA made it hard for me to determine if I could until more was put on the SWToR site here.

So I wait for a medical reason. Sucks but it is what it is and if I want to play I just have to deal with it.

No, but at the rate their bringing in people, I don't even think my August 7 pre order will see an EGA.

Yeah, this whole day was just people who pre-ordered within the first 2 days lol.

To be honest id rather take the 5 hour queue that you see in other MMOs over this where most of us will be forced to wait for days.

Do not cancel. You will want to be part of the civil suit if the scenario you explain happens.

:p

Meh, I know it's frustrating as a late pre-order knowing they're not even through three entire days yet with several month's worths of pre-orders to go, thus you're probably quite right to question whether you'll ever get in, but you're going to play the game anyways right? So, outside of maybe making yourself feel better, what gain is there in cancelling and then buying it on the 20th?

These companies track profits over a quarter. They're not going to care if they made money off you on which day, as long as they have your money when their earnings reports are due.

Cancel if you want.

But seriously guys, the early start stuff is a pretty recent development in the MMORPG world.

It used to be you pre-ordered to reserve a copy of the game on release day in case it completely sold out.

Now you get a chance at a little bonus for pre-ordering - you might get to start early.

If you only bought the game so you could start early, then ***?? if not then sit tight and wait to play like everybody else.

It's my opinion that only those who pre-ordered but paid in FULL (not this $5 down BS at gamestop) should get early access.

I haven't gotten in yet, but I'm not complaining, or saying that they are dumb.

What I do think is that this is a good decision on their part, they limit the load on the servers at the beginning to make sure it's going to get up and going at full speed before letting everybody in at once.

Hey, I'll be happy with even two days (I'll be sad with 1 of NO days, but I'll live).

The only thing I wish they did was make this whole thing more stable and planned so I could have a general idea of when and if I get early access. I feel like a tool checking my e-mail every hour or so (I can't help it :D!). But I understand the reason why they've made this a more flexible ordeal.

We probally got the extra two days access to allow every to get some early access. I had some gamestop pre-order code issues personally and ended up canceling and then buying from amazon.

Would be kinda lame to not get any ealry access since had i not canceled from gamestop I could just pick the game up on the 20th and not have had to pay shippping. /shrug

I would not cancel now, you may still get access. I bet most of the pruchases were made the first couple days and most of those people will be in by tommorrow night. The rest of the five days will be easier.

Would not one day of advanced access be a kick in a teeth for players especially if they take the servers down early for launch giving players less that 24hrs advanced access? I am kind of hoping they get a move on with the speed they allow players to access the servers while any advanced access will of course furfill the advert its not going to make the customer base happy and is probably not a going to be a great start for customer relations having a large section of customers p*ssed of at the start of the games life.

Still lets see what happens perhaps a more honest or realistic advert would have been better for people something like "You could get 5 days early access but you will be lucky to get 1" while not as appealing it would let the comsumer know the real score.

If you only pre-ordered to get a few days extra playtime before other people, then sure go ahead and cancel.

Personally i preordered to ensure i'll actually have a copy when the game launches on the 20th without having to venture out into the hell that is last minute christmas shopping. So any extra time is just the bonus its meant to be.

considering is very unlikely that we get an email sent before the 20th (release date) what's the point of preordering then?

in my opinion this staggering system for early access, defeats the purpose of doing a preorder now.

should i just cancel my preorder and wait till the 20th ?

Did you stop to consider that the bulk of preorders are probably from those first few days? As such, those in August and beyond will probably see large number of days grouped together.

Now, as for actually getting onto your server...

The last week of full beta the servers were down for a few days and I got nervous so that is when I preordered and realistically I was not expecting to get in today or even much more the a few minutes early...

I just wanted the game ordered and ready to go so....then I check email one day and it says to uninstall the beta client so I did that thinking great any day now they will let us start to download the launch client.

The day finally arrives where I get to download the new client and as soon as I start the launcher it asks me "What is your favorite activity?" I quickly reference the sheet I wrote it all down on and type in my answer and it says "incorrect" and asks me again and pretty soon my account is locked!

So I go and reset my password like it says to when that happens and still the answer I have is somehow different to the answer they have...:rolleyes:

Then this morning I say to myself, I need to edit my answers to numbers so there can be no mistake what so ever, and finally I got in and was able to edit all of my answers to be long numbers for answers and since then I have not answered one wrong, though every single time I log in they ask one of the questions....sheesh!:rolleyes:

Edited by Rahl_Windsong

Yes please cancel as quickly as possible as God forbid you MIGHT need to wait until release day to play the game you purchased. Early access, especially on the first day, was not guaranteed to anyone who preordered that I saw anywhere.

When you cancel please ensure you close your forum account as well. That should help make this place a bit more enjoyable for the rest of us.

I seriously can't believe all the whining going on over people not getting into EGA right away.

Edited by onstorm