Not sure what to play!

Mgeek

I just can't decide what to play in this game. I've played everything and I can't decide! Everything is fun but I just don't know if I want to play a ranged or melee. Help? I know your going to say "Play what you like!" But in this case I love everything so what do you guys think I should play? Or atleast suggest.

Truthfully, only you can decide that. The first step is ... what role do you want to play. If you cant decide then... play them all. As long as youre having fun.

I will say that melee dps has a tougher time in this game then ranged.

I can tell you what you shouldn't play:

- Marauder/Sentinel (Unless you like being the same as everyone else and never getting LFG pops)

- Powertech/Vanguard (as above unless you are tank spec)

-Operative/Scoundrel (unless you like being repeatedly nerfed)

I'd suggest:

- Sorc/Sage or Operative/Scoundrel if you want to heal.

- Sniper/Gunslinger if you want to DPS.

- Any of the tank classes. I personally like my Gaurdian but my Assassin is growing on me too.

If you want your game to feel more fantasy than sci-fi, role a force user

if you like blasters roll anything else

If you want to follow a military themed story roll either a trooper or an agent

If you want your military theme to be subterfuge and espionage then agent is for you

if you want a story about corruption and revenge play a sith warrior

if you want to play a support role with magic like abilities play a sage or a sorcerer

etc. etc etc

Sorry I should have specified. I ment Sith and PvP wise.

Sniper. Hard counter to one of the current FOTM classes.

Or Juggernaught. Tanking is fun!

Or Assassin for the same reason, but you trade leaping for stealth.

Or again, if you like nerfs: Operative.

As a sith, marauder is a real pain in pvp. Leaping from a distance, stunning people like no ones business, and great damage mitigation are very annoying to deal with for an opposing team.

That said, I do not have one, I use a sniper for DPS, and have a bounty hunter and a sorceror mid level.

So it is really about what you like, if you are asking what to pick that will make the game a cake piece, pake a marauder.

Capped a Sent, a Trooper, and a Shadow. All stayed fresh because of the differences in game play. The stories ere great too.

However, I do prefer the Sent because quite frankly it is the most challenging. You really have to be on top of your game at higher levs and for end game content. And, you will use almost all of your abilities as situations vary.

I had the most fun with the Shadow though. I can respec between a tank and a dps at need. Stealthing around Heroics is great fun solo or in a group. And... I love all of the interrupts. Love to see Elites channel an attack. They are dead meat then. lol

But the Trooper, I chose a Commando, is great fun because it is so different. Different tactics etc. But man... as opposed to the previously mentioned toons, I love sitting back and wrecking havoc from a far. Had the easiest run to 50 on the Trooper. Had to really only know a handful of abilities really well to get out of any situation. I found the Commando to be a weak dps in general though in terms of damage dealt. And... there is only on interrupt to speak of. But you get your healer early on, the armor does make a difference and the assault cannon (I have 5 or six to choose from) is an awesome weapon.

Not sure that helps, but that has been my experience. I suggest you go melee dps first. After that go ranged dps/healer. Then... let the chips fall where they may.

I just can't decide what to play in this game. I've played everything and I can't decide! Everything is fun but I just don't know if I want to play a ranged or melee. Help? I know your going to say "Play what you like!" But in this case I love everything so what do you guys think I should play? Or atleast suggest.

I think Imperial Agent has by far the best story line. In terms of advanced class, I have played both sniper and operative. I like them both. I think sniper is more fun in PvP however.

Roll juggeranut if you want no one to care about you, We're the only class people don't complain about. (Prolly cuz we're the most balanced class right now) But you should roll depending on if you like melee or ranged. Try both and see what you like the most.

Well since Gunslinger/Sniper is OP as hell I suggest going one of those.

Sorry, gunslinger is not op. Put a mara/sentinel/ or hell any melee in our face and we have a bit of a hard time

I can tell you what you shouldn't play:

- Marauder/Sentinel (Unless you like being the same as everyone else and never getting LFG pops)

- Powertech/Vanguard (as above unless you are tank spec)

-Operative/Scoundrel (unless you like being repeatedly nerfed)

I'd suggest:

- Sorc/Sage or Operative/Scoundrel if you want to heal.

- Sniper/Gunslinger if you want to DPS.

- Any of the tank classes. I personally like my Gaurdian but my Assassin is growing on me too.

lol, u speak the truth.

I'll say i love my juggernaut and the warrior story. i played a marauder to level 45 and deleted him. re rolled a jugg, and i noticed the difference immediately. The juggernaut advanced was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier to level than the marauder. Plus, you can take blaster fire like nothin. Even if you go immprtal spec, you still do a decent ampunt of damage and with the increased defense, you are almost unstoppable. it's also easier to pvp with than the marauder, and pvp is where i get the majority of my xp, so it you go with a warrior, i would say juggernaut ftw.:rak_03:

OK, when you say Sith, do you mean Empire, or hate4 filled force user?

I'd recommend the Inquisitor, either advanced class, you can choose, tank, healer or DPS

The Inquisitor's story line is the most Epic in my opinion, and Khem is a great companion to start out with :)